New Cowon Player - Cowon X9
Aug 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #16 of 97
Aug 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #17 of 97
Quote:

Yes, it is the requirements of your computer, not what is in the X9.

The website I was saw that on really need to work on their layout. 

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #19 of 97
If it has a higher res screen, was capacitive, came in a 64gb model, and had the same controls of the S9/J3 I'd say it's great. Sadly, it's got none of the things I mentioned, so it's a ***FAIL!!!*** :mad:

Aug 5, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #20 of 97
Hmm, seems to me, from EP's description, that it actually HAS hardware controls:

Buttons: Power/Hold / FF / REW / Play/Pause / Vol+ / Vol –

And also from a thread at iaudiophile describing the differences between X7 & X9: Physical Buttons: power/hold, m, vol+, vol- (X7) vs power/hold, ff, rew, play/pause, vol+, vol- (X9)

Aug 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #21 of 97
Why does cowon always tries to change everything, even if it works, crazy company. Evolution is fine but why not sticking with a proven design like the J3 and improve it (to set an example of a product line) instead of making a whole different thing, is like they start from zero everytime. crazy company 
blink.gif

Aug 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #22 of 97
Fully agree. Ditching the J3 without offering a worthy successor in the same vein was downright silly. As far as I could gather, Cowon doesn't make much sense anymore to a lot of people.

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #23 of 97
Hmm, seems to me, from EP's description, that it actually HAS hardware controls:

Buttons: Power/Hold / FF / REW / Play/Pause / Vol+ / Vol –

And also from a thread at iaudiophile describing the differences between X7 & X9: Physical Buttons:
 power/hold, m, vol+, vol- (X7) 
vs 
power/hold, ff, rew, play/pause, vol+, vol- (X9)

It has a configurable rocker switch that can do ff/rew, vol +/-, and a play/pause/menu button. The controls are like the D2, NOT the S9 or J3. Look at the pictures of the device, there are only 2 tactile controls. I believe Kizune may have made a booboo.

And FYI: I'm The DarkSide on iaudiophile.net and Anythingbutipod.com,...I know all about what Cowon has coming up. They, sadly, are going backwards.

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #24 of 97
Quote:
It has a configurable rocker switch that can do ff/rew, vol +/-, and a play/pause/menu button. The controls are like the D2, NOT the S9 or J3. Look at the pictures of the device, there are only 2 tactile controls. I believe Kizune may have made a booboo.
And FYI: I'm The DarkSide on iaudiophile.net and Anythingbutipod.com,...I know all about what Cowon has coming up. They, sadly, are going backwards.

hey man! I'm Jörgemeister there, nice to see you around.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #25 of 97
Quote:
It has a configurable rocker switch that can do ff/rew, vol +/-, and a play/pause/menu button. The controls are like the D2, NOT the S9 or J3. Look at the pictures of the device, there are only 2 tactile controls.

So that rocker switch you're referring to would be that unmarked thing on the top of the device, like in the last picture here: http://product.cowon.com/product/COWONX9/product_page_3.php ?
Because as far as I can see, there are hardware buttons on the side of the X9, but also those two unmarked things on top. Which would explain why, perhaps, Kizune got mixed up.

Aug 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #28 of 97
Aug 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #30 of 97
Well I was quite close, until nywytboy68 added his precisions. It's a must for me to be able to control songs flow AND volume sight unseen. I need those hardware controls, sadly... But it was very tempting for the battery life.

Btw, anyone knows what ARE those buttons on top, in complement to those on the side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back