NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Jul 2, 2006 at 9:26 AM Post #541 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Just do what I did LOL I just stuck the corner of a post it over it...LED's don't heat up, the sticky stuff on post-it's is low adhesion....with the paper over it, it goes from 5 Millon Candle power, instantly to dim....

I think that's the key - no need to void the warranty, just stick something over it. Since it's recessed you could probably get something to fit the hole with some careful cutting.

Jul 2, 2006 at 10:58 AM Post #542 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
Have you e-mailed Meier-Audio yet? Perhaps that would be advised @ 14 days ???

Yep, email him, he may have forgotten to post your as well
icon10.gif

Jul 2, 2006 at 1:25 PM Post #543 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo
I think that's the key - no need to void the warranty, just stick something over it. Since it's recessed you could probably get something to fit the hole with some careful cutting.

good old blu-tac is the key to covering many an over-bright LED in my setup =)

Jul 4, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #544 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier
Note: The amps shown on the picture are prototypes. The final products will be very similar looking but some small changes are planned to make the amps slightly more elegant. Especially the volume dial will be placed recessed into the frontplate so it will be less dominant.

Cheers

Jan

Was this idea scrapped?

Jul 4, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #545 of 805
Yes.... it was scrapped... there was a reason, but can't remember... I think it was a matter of not enought room to do it.

Jul 4, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #546 of 805
Don't worry. When a 6.3mm headphone plug is inserted into the jack on the left, the volume knob won't look like it sticks out at all.

Jul 5, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #547 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Was this idea scrapped?

It was replaced with a shorter volume knob. Pretty much the same final effect.

Jul 6, 2006 at 7:54 AM Post #548 of 805
frown.gif
not yet gotten my headfive.. been over 2 weeks now. no note from postman saying they have been round either.. my only hope is its held up in customs?! dont care if i have to pay tax, as long as i get it safe and sound..

Jul 6, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #549 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roasty
frown.gif
not yet gotten my headfive.. been over 2 weeks now. no note from postman saying they have been round either.. my only hope is its held up in customs?! dont care if i have to pay tax, as long as i get it safe and sound..

Send him an email. I emailed Jan after waiting two weeks to let him know my amp still hasn't arrived, only to be told he forgot to post it.....

Jul 11, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #550 of 805
Thank you Dr. Meier. I received the HeadFive today and it is great.

I am using it to monitor tracking sessions from the DAC out of my RME Fireface converter and it is sooooo much clearer than the headphone-out of the Fireface. I can now clearly hear what's going on as I track sessions.

Thanks for a great product and a great price.

Peace
Marco Granados

Jul 13, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #551 of 805
Just returned to Head-Fi after a two year hiatus. And, as before, I'm sorry for my wallet.....
biggrin.gif

Saw the HeadFive offer last Friday.....ordered and paid up with Jan.

Serial #211 received today. 5 total days from order to delivery in DFW, Texas.

Lovin it already.

Thank you Jan for the awesome offer!

Jul 15, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #553 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoblaze01
Anyone try this with the MS2/MS2i yet ?

that was my intention, unfortunately after 3 weeks+ i still havent gotten it..
rang up my the post office and no sign of it there, customs was no help either.
i think this is my only gripe about getting stuff sent without online tracking. i sincerely hope it was sent insured..

Jul 15, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #554 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoblaze01
Anyone try this with the MS2/MS2i yet ?

Sounds good to me (did not like it initially). However I feel that my Creek is still a better match for the MS-2: less emphasis on the bass and in a way sounds more euphonic. It's not that big a difference though and fact remains the H5 will work well with the MS-2.

Cheers!

Jul 15, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #555 of 805
havent received the amp.. sigh what an agonizing wait

the good news is Dr Jan is sending me a replacement unit!
eek.gif

have asked him to send it with online tracking if possible, if not, at least insured. if i do receive the first unit i ordered initially, i'll send it back to him for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back