NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Jul 15, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #556 of 805
If this amp is an improvement of the old HA-1 Mk2 it is indeed a great bargain. I've always felt that Corda amps have great bass (something lacking in the Headamp/Gilmore designs) and a wider soundstage than any of the RS stuff. Now I need to find a used Prehead for my stereo system!

Jul 17, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #557 of 805
After reading some positive reviews, I decided this would be good for my first foray into headphone amps. It's hard to argue with a $250 amp that Jan says improves upon some of his more expensive offerings.

Sent in my payment this morning.

Jul 20, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #558 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by upangel180
After reading some positive reviews, I decided this would be good for my first foray into headphone amps. It's hard to argue with a $250 amp that Jan says improves upon some of his more expensive offerings.

Sent in my payment this morning.

did you get any reply from him? i sent him a few days ago but i don't hear a word from him yet

Jul 21, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #559 of 805
Can anyone here comment on how this amp compares to the Headroom Micro, Portable, and Desktop amps? I had decided to purchase a Micro Amp with the Desktop module, which would be slightly more expensive than this. I don't know if that might be better or worse than this one.

I will appreciate the views of anyone who is better informed than I am.

Jul 21, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #560 of 805
I just ordered a HeadFive from Jan and had no trouble getting hold of him. I emailed him Tuesday to order and he emailed me right back with payment instructions. I paid Wednesday and he again got right back to me telling me the amp shipped.

I can't wait to get it. I've thought about a Corda for quite some time and am excited to see how it sounds with my AKG 701s.

Hang in there, I'm sure you'll hear from him soon.

600smile.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #561 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz
did you get any reply from him? i sent him a few days ago but i don't hear a word from him yet

Jan responded within 24 hours of my initial request with payment info, and again once my payment was made to let me know the amp was being shipped. I'm still waiting for the amp (shipped Tuesday the 18th, so it's not late or anything), but so far, I've had no problems with customer support.

Jul 30, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #563 of 805
Hi Everyone,

I've juz placed an order with Dr Meier but I have no idea how to do a International Money Transfer or Traveller's Cheque, anyone can help???

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #564 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocobean
Hi Everyone,

I've juz placed an order with Dr Meier but I have no idea how to do a International Money Transfer or Traveller's Cheque, anyone can help???

Use paypal if you can , much easier.
Edit My first quality amp also , got it about 2 months ago , you will not be dissapointed. Very well built , just make sure to burn it in well.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #565 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocobean
Hi Everyone,

There is a Singapore-based member who is selling one of the two units that got double-sent to him. I can't recall his member name though - he is planning to sell it to a local and arrange for payment to be directly sent to Jan. Not a bad deal if you want to receive your amp more quickly (and assuming Jan has agreed to it).

Cheers!

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #566 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
There is a Singapore-based member who is selling one of the two units that got double-sent to him. I can't recall his member name though - he is planning to sell it to a local and arrange for payment to be directly sent to Jan. Not a bad deal if you want to receive your amp more quickly (and assuming Jan has agreed to it).

Cheers!

That would be head-fi user ROASTY see this post

Aug 7, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #567 of 805
Hey Folks - I've noticed over a couple weeks that folks have stopped buying this amp. As a experienced owner, I've turned off all my pre-amps, amps and such, and am using this baby exclusively. BUY IT - you'll never see a better deal!!

Steve

Aug 7, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #568 of 805
So, what is the best way people have found to make the LED a little less blinding? I currently have a little bit of transparent plastic (sweet wrapper) over it, but it doesn't look very good...

Aug 7, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #569 of 805
I went to the hadware store and got a very small round black rubber stick-on (meant to be "feet") and put that on there -- works great.

Aug 7, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #570 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
I went to the hadware store and got a very small round black rubber stick-on (meant to be "feet") and put that on there -- works great.

This is even bigger problem with Aria. There's two bright blue leds and other one of them is glowing all the time (led that indicates that USB dac is ready to go). This USB led is pretty much always on when I have USB cord going from my PC to Aria. Only if I switch off the PSU of my PC then the blue led goes off but the normal shut down will leave it on.

I solved this problem with blue tack. I just put a small piece of it on the led and now it's always off.
wink.gif
My greyish blue tack even matches the front plate of Aria quite well so it doesn't look too stupid.

I wonder how those black rubber feets would work when Aria's leds kind of stick out from the front plate. Usually those feets aren't very flexible so I doubt it would stick on the led very well. Have you tried that with the Aria Skylab?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back