NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Mar 4, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #796 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, its not. The Corda Arietta is similar however.

thanks colonelkernel8.

this year will be a HeadFiSix ?
eggosmile.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #799 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccontreras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Corda headfive this for sale still?

You can often find it for sale in the Amplification for Sale /Trade forum. Quite a nice amp - added more solid weight to the sound of my K701.

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #800 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by db597 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can often find it for sale in the Amplification for Sale /Trade forum. Quite a nice amp - added more solid weight to the sound of my K701.

thanks!
I am looking for reviews of the Corda Arietta or Corda headfive and if they work fine with the RS-1, the CanAmp also calls me the attention
rolleyes.gif

PD, excuse my poor English.

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #801 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccontreras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking for reviews of the Corda Arietta or Corda headfive and if they work fine with the RS-1, the CanAmp also calls me the attention
rolleyes.gif

The Arietta is the same design as the HeadFive - just a few better parts. The sound quality is going to be similar, maybe slightly more detail.

The CanAmp is a bigger step forward. But price is also higher, and there may be a long waiting time to get one.

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #802 of 805
And of course Meier makes a whole line of amps that are better than the Arietta, and that are available for immediate shipment. (And since this is Jan's thread, we shouldn't really discuss the CanAmp, there are other places for that).

Mar 5, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #803 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by db597 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Arietta is the same design as the HeadFive - just a few better parts. The sound quality is going to be similar, maybe slightly more detail.
The CanAmp is a bigger step forward. But price is also higher, and there may be a long waiting time to get one.

having had both units here for a while i think the latter is over rated. the head-five is a nice piece and a good value. thanks for doing that project, Jan. (and please build the opera amp as a stand alone unit, and soon, for those of us looking to upgrade but who don't need a dac!)

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #804 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
having had both units here for a while i think the latter is over rated. the head-five is a nice piece and a good value. thanks for doing that project, Jan. (and please build the opera amp as a stand alone unit, and soon, for those of us looking to upgrade but who don't need a dac!)

Because of what Jan did for Head-Fi, the HeadFive will always be a very special amp. Sound quality aside, it's got an extra meaning to me. It's also my first desktop amp - the entry into serious headphone listening.

Yep... I'm still holding out for a stand alone Opera as well. Wouldn't mind to have the preamp etc. Just not sure I want the DAC.

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #805 of 805
Let's bump this ancient thread: I still have one but it doesn't work anymore. I think it's the protection in the amp that gave life after all these years but I'm not sure.
What's the best way to bring back life to this dinosaur?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back