NEW CORDA HEADFIVE: A New Amp to Celebrate Head-Fi's Fifth Anniversary!
Apr 16, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #166 of 805
Dear Headfellows,

Just a few notes:

- Like all other CORDA amplifiers the HEADFIVE comes with a 30 day return policy.

- There's a 2 years warranty

- The very moment the manufacturer ships the amp I will post a request in this thread for people to pay. People who haven't paid 2 weeks later will be personally mailed.

- Normally there are price reductions when people buy a headphone or cables in combination with a CORDA amplifier. However, this does not apply to the HEADFIVE. The reasons are the increase of shipping cost with the parcel surpassing the limit of 1 kg and the fact that this already is a low-profit project. Please understand!

Cheers

Jan

Apr 16, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #167 of 805
Dr. Meier,

Not sure if the pre-order is finished or not. May I know how many is still available ?

To what extent can I reserve my own serial number ?

Thanks.

(Also emailed you).

F. Lo

Apr 16, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #169 of 805
019 is mine
paid in full my first amp i bought but with the headfive not shipping till july it will not be the first one i actualy get to use

Apr 16, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #170 of 805
would the headfive pair well with a hf-1 AND a HD-580? sorry if it's already been speculated on, but i couldn't find any posts ont he subject.

also, would this be a considerable step up from a headsave classic w/ burr brown 625's?

thanks all

Apr 17, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #172 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by daashford0404
Email for reservation sent as well.

Dittoed

Apr 17, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #174 of 805
Dear Headfellows,

Around 150 amplifiers have been made a reservation for. Therefore 350 amplifiers are still available. Should be enough supply for at least one month.

" To what extent can I reserve my own serial number ? "

Amps will be numbered 001 to 500. You can only reserve numbers that have not been taken by others yet.

As for the compatibility with HF-1 and K340, I don't have these phones at my disposal but don't expect any problems.

Cheers

Jan

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #175 of 805
How would this amp compare to others in it's price range like the headamp gilmore lite and the headroom micro amp? I'm interested in reserving one, being done in july would be just in time for my birthday
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #176 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by afireinside
How would this amp compare to others in it's price range like the headamp gilmore lite and the headroom micro amp? I'm interested in reserving one, being done in july would be just in time for my birthday
biggrin.gif

You'll have to wait until someone (Jude most likely) has tested it against those other amps.

Apr 18, 2006 at 11:01 AM Post #178 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
Only 150 orders? I thought people would be jumping all over this, this amplifier is a great deal, can't wait to here Jude's impressions.

Well, the market is hardly short on headphone amps right now
wink.gif
. Plus nobody's heard the Headfive yet... Jan is reliable as far as quality goes, but there's always the preference issue to consider.

Apr 18, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #180 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
If I'm not mistaken, didn't HF-1 sales start out pretty slow in the beginning? Once the Headfive is almost sold out, I predict there'll be a lot more interest
icon10.gif

well, it didn't sell out in a week...but it wasn't slow. once people started receiving them and posting impressions ("sounds almost like an RS1, man!") it sold out quickly. i think you're right that once people start receiving them and posting impressions, it will sell out quite quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back