New Comply™ Foam Tips compatibility update!
Mar 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #31 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff K /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have tested the CK10 and unfortunately it is not compatible with any of our current Comply™ Foam Tips.

Best,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Sad that there isn't any compatible with CK10
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #32 of 109
Jeff, anything that fits the DTX 100? I note you have tips compatible with the 50 and 60. Thanks.

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #34 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeff, anything that fits the DTX 100? I note you have tips compatible with the 50 and 60. Thanks.

We haven't tested the DTX 100 model yet, but it's on my list to test in the next month or so... Knowing most manufacturers, all the new in-ear Beyerdynamic have the same size soundport, but we always prefer to test in-house to be sure.

Best,
Jeff

Mar 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #36 of 109
I currently have a set of T-400s for my IE8s. I absolutely love the sound and comfort from this combination, but I have a very difficult time removing the tips and even a more difficult time getting new ones on without basically destroying them.

Would the T-500's be much easier to put on the IE8's? If they are much easier, what are the drawbacks? Lower sound quality? Less secure fit?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Mar 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #37 of 109
Hi I'm wondering what pair if any of the Comply tips would be compatible with the HiFiMan RE0?

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #38 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff K /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The T-400 is compatible with the Crossroads Hippo VB.

Doesn't seem like these are compatible. The Hippo VB's have a very large stem and the T-400 are to small to fit over them.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #39 of 109
I originally liked the T-400, but after a while, I really don't anymore. The material gets so soft in my ear that it feels like goo almost, but solid, and sometimes it'll start to slide out when it's soft like this. Also, when I Q-tip my ears in the morning after a shower, guess what else comes out, pieces of the foam, little tiny dots..

They are falling apart in my ears.

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #40 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I currently have a set of T-400s for my IE8s. I absolutely love the sound and comfort from this combination, but I have a very difficult time removing the tips and even a more difficult time getting new ones on without basically destroying them.

Would the T-500's be much easier to put on the IE8's? If they are much easier, what are the drawbacks? Lower sound quality? Less secure fit?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

The T-400's are compatible with the Senn IE series including the IE8. Admitedly, they are on the tighter side of of tolerances, making it challenging to apply them to the sound port. When removing the tips try pinching/squeezing the tip and twisting it while pulling off the sound port. The twist motion helps.

We did test the T-500 with the IE series and they don't have enough retention force to safely stay attached to the device. The main difference between the T-400 and T-500 is the size of the core (T-500 is slightly smaller) and the core material which gives the different retention qualities.

I hope this information helps some. Let me know if you need additional info.

Best,
Jeff

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #41 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnake3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi I'm wondering what pair if any of the Comply tips would be compatible with the HiFiMan RE0?

We haven't tested the RE0 for compatibility yet, so I can't offer a solution at this time. We are constantly testing/approving new earphones, so check back with us in the future.

Best,
Jeff

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #42 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't seem like these are compatible. The Hippo VB's have a very large stem and the T-400 are to small to fit over them.

We have tested the Hippo VB model and approved it for use with the T-400. Unless Crossroads has changed the sound port design recently, the T-400 should still be applicable.

Sometime with larger size sound port devices, it can be tricky to get the tips started, but since the core material will stretch slightly, once you get it over the initial lip it should slide on and seat securely.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Jeff

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #43 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmd8x28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I originally liked the T-400, but after a while, I really don't anymore. The material gets so soft in my ear that it feels like goo almost, but solid, and sometimes it'll start to slide out when it's soft like this. Also, when I Q-tip my ears in the morning after a shower, guess what else comes out, pieces of the foam, little tiny dots..

They are falling apart in my ears.

Interesting post...I've never had someone say our tips are too soft!

Because the foam is body-heat activated, the tips will become softer the longer they are in your ears. If you're having trouble with the tips staying in your ears, you may want to try a larger size.

As for the tips falling apart, this should never happen. As long as you do not clean them with anything other than water (no soaps, chemicals, etc.)

If you have some of deteriorating tips left, please send them to me for evaluation. PM me and we can exchange shipping details for replacement.

Best,
Jeff

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #44 of 109
Thanks for the fast reply there Jeff, I'll check back in the future for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back