1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

New Comply™ Foam Tips compatibility update!

2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Next
 
Last
  1. Jeff K Contributor
    Hello Head-Fi'ers,

    We have recently tested and approved new earphone models for compatibility with our Comply™ Foam Tips.

    The newly approved models are:

    Creative EP-830: T-400
    Monster Beats: T-500
    Monster Turbine: T-400
    Scosche IDR600: T-400
    V-moda Sport Series: T-400
    V-moda Vibe II: T-400
    Westone 3: P-Series

    As always, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions/requests.

    I look forward to seeing many of you at CanJam 2009![​IMG]


    Best Regards,

    Jeff
     
  2. average_joe Contributor
    Hi Jeff, can you tell me the differences between T-400s and T-500s? The T-400s are tight on the nozzle of the IE8, would the T-500 be a better fit?

    Also, I bought a 3 pair pack of T-400s from Amazon and later a 5 pair pack of T-400s from Ear Plug Superstore and the 5 pair pack tips were about 2mm shorter and to me noticeably smaller. Is this within manufacturing variances? I never read the packaging for the 3 pair pack I received, so I can't truly verify they are T-400s (just opened, threw away the packaging and used them).

    Thanks!
     
  3. tstarn06
    Hey Joe. I own both and the sound tube for the T500s has a larger circumference, that's the only difference I can see.
     
  4. Jeff K Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hi Jeff, can you tell me the differences between T-400s and T-500s? The T-400s are tight on the nozzle of the IE8, would the T-500 be a better fit?

    Also, I bought a 3 pair pack of T-400s from Amazon and later a 5 pair pack of T-400s from Ear Plug Superstore and the 5 pair pack tips were about 2mm shorter and to me noticeably smaller. Is this within manufacturing variances? I never read the packaging for the 3 pair pack I received, so I can't truly verify they are T-400s (just opened, threw away the packaging and used them).

    Thanks!





    Hi Joe,

    Great question! The T400 tips core is actually slightly larger than the T500's. Although the T500 core is smaller, it is made from a "stretchier" material than the T400's. We test new earphone models with both T400/T500 tips in order to guage which has the best friction coefficient (grip on the sound port), and recommend the best option. T500 tips will work with the Senn IE series, but the T400 has a better retention on the device.

    Regarding the difference in sizes from Amazon and Ear Plug Store: We do of course have manufacturing tolerances, of which these seem to be in. It may also be that Amazon is a newer vendor for us, and Ear Plug Store is one of our first - meaning they may have older stock than Amazon.

    If you have any photos you can send me, I would appreciate it. Just to confirm the size variance myself.

    Thanks,

    Jeff
     
  5. average_joe Contributor
    Hi Jeff, here are some pictures. I couldn't get a good pic of the tips showing the ruler for specific size. Here are the sizes I measured:
    Smaller Larger
    Diameter 11mm 12mm
    Height 10mm 11mm

    When I got the 2nd set they measured 9mm in height and a little under 10mm in diameter and looked much smaller than my existing ones. They have increased in size since I first received them (from moisture?) and are now much closer to my first set than when I initially received them after not looking at them for maybe a month.

    Now they are close enough to not be a problem.
    vbattach15234.jpg
    vbattach15235.jpg
    vbattach15236.jpg
     
  6. tstarn06
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jeff K /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hi Joe,

    Great question! The T400 tips core is actually slightly larger than the T500's. Although the T500 core is smaller, it is made from a "stretchier" material than the T400's. We test new earphone models with both T400/T500 tips in order to guage which has the best friction coefficient (grip on the sound port), and recommend the best option. T500 tips will work with the Senn IE series, but the T400 has a better retention on the device.

    Regarding the difference in sizes from Amazon and Ear Plug Store: We do of course have manufacturing tolerances, of which these seem to be in. It may also be that Amazon is a newer vendor for us, and Ear Plug Store is one of our first - meaning they may have older stock than Amazon.

    If you have any photos you can send me, I would appreciate it. Just to confirm the size variance myself.

    Thanks,

    Jeff




    Guess I got it backwards. I have two different types of Comply foamies with the larger sond tube openings (on the bottom), and I could swear the T400s, which I have more of, are smaller than the T500s, which I only have two pair of. Totally confused. I don't remember buying but one pack of T500s, so it isn't possible I own so many now. I guess it doesn't really matter, except I was trying to sell the T500s, and now I am gonna take them off the For Sale forum, because I have no idea what they are. The circumference of the sound tubes is much larger, it seems, than the T400s. Maybe they are stretched, but they are not used, so no idea how that could have happened. I give up. I can use them on canal phones like Sony, etc.
     
  7. Jeff K Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Guess I got it backwards. I have two different types of Comply foamies with the larger sond tube openings (on the bottom), and I could swear the T400s, which I have more of, are smaller than the T500s, which I only have two pair of. Totally confused. I don't remember buying but one pack of T500s, so it isn't possible I own so many now. I guess it doesn't really matter, except I was trying to sell the T500s, and now I am gonna take them off the For Sale forum, because I have no idea what they are. The circumference of the sound tubes is much larger, it seems, than the T400s. Maybe they are stretched, but they are not used, so no idea how that could have happened. I give up. I can use them on canal phones like Sony, etc.



    An easy way to tell the difference between T400/T500 is the color of the core tube.

    The T400 has a clear core and the T500 has a grey core.

    Jeff
     
  8. vampire666
    What about Denon AK-C551?
    Are they "supported"?
     
  9. tstarn06
    ?
     
  10. Ares
    Yes, the C551ks work great with the T400s
     
  11. vampire666
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ares /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Yes, the C551ks work great with the T400s



    I'll get them as soon as possible then.

    Thank you for the reply!
     
  12. Bullseye
    Hi Jeff, what are the tips that fit the Phonak PFE?
     
  13. average_joe Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hi Jeff, what are the tips that fit the Phonak PFE?



    I know I am not Jeff, but the T-130s were specifically designed for the PFE by Phonak. They are slightly different than T-100s which also fit, but from what I have read don't sound as good as the T-130s with the PFE.
     
  14. Sinocelt
  15. SchneiderStudios
    i have the t100 and t400, are they washable?
     
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Next
 
Last

Share This Page