New Comply™ Foam Tips compatibility update!
Mar 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 109
Hello Head-Fi'ers,

We have recently tested and approved new earphone models for compatibility with our Comply™ Foam Tips.

The newly approved models are:

Creative EP-830: T-400
Monster Beats: T-500
Monster Turbine: T-400
Scosche IDR600: T-400
V-moda Sport Series: T-400
V-moda Vibe II: T-400
Westone 3: P-Series

As always, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions/requests.

I look forward to seeing many of you at CanJam 2009!
beerchug.gif

Best Regards,

Jeff

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 109
Hi Jeff, can you tell me the differences between T-400s and T-500s? The T-400s are tight on the nozzle of the IE8, would the T-500 be a better fit?

Also, I bought a 3 pair pack of T-400s from Amazon and later a 5 pair pack of T-400s from Ear Plug Superstore and the 5 pair pack tips were about 2mm shorter and to me noticeably smaller. Is this within manufacturing variances? I never read the packaging for the 3 pair pack I received, so I can't truly verify they are T-400s (just opened, threw away the packaging and used them).

Thanks!

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Jeff, can you tell me the differences between T-400s and T-500s? The T-400s are tight on the nozzle of the IE8, would the T-500 be a better fit?

Also, I bought a 3 pair pack of T-400s from Amazon and later a 5 pair pack of T-400s from Ear Plug Superstore and the 5 pair pack tips were about 2mm shorter and to me noticeably smaller. Is this within manufacturing variances? I never read the packaging for the 3 pair pack I received, so I can't truly verify they are T-400s (just opened, threw away the packaging and used them).

Thanks!

Hi Joe,

Great question! The T400 tips core is actually slightly larger than the T500's. Although the T500 core is smaller, it is made from a "stretchier" material than the T400's. We test new earphone models with both T400/T500 tips in order to guage which has the best friction coefficient (grip on the sound port), and recommend the best option. T500 tips will work with the Senn IE series, but the T400 has a better retention on the device.

Regarding the difference in sizes from Amazon and Ear Plug Store: We do of course have manufacturing tolerances, of which these seem to be in. It may also be that Amazon is a newer vendor for us, and Ear Plug Store is one of our first - meaning they may have older stock than Amazon.

If you have any photos you can send me, I would appreciate it. Just to confirm the size variance myself.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 109
Hi Jeff, here are some pictures. I couldn't get a good pic of the tips showing the ruler for specific size. Here are the sizes I measured:
Smaller Larger
Diameter 11mm 12mm
Height 10mm 11mm

When I got the 2nd set they measured 9mm in height and a little under 10mm in diameter and looked much smaller than my existing ones. They have increased in size since I first received them (from moisture?) and are now much closer to my first set than when I initially received them after not looking at them for maybe a month.

Now they are close enough to not be a problem.

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff K /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Joe,

Great question! The T400 tips core is actually slightly larger than the T500's. Although the T500 core is smaller, it is made from a "stretchier" material than the T400's. We test new earphone models with both T400/T500 tips in order to guage which has the best friction coefficient (grip on the sound port), and recommend the best option. T500 tips will work with the Senn IE series, but the T400 has a better retention on the device.

Regarding the difference in sizes from Amazon and Ear Plug Store: We do of course have manufacturing tolerances, of which these seem to be in. It may also be that Amazon is a newer vendor for us, and Ear Plug Store is one of our first - meaning they may have older stock than Amazon.

If you have any photos you can send me, I would appreciate it. Just to confirm the size variance myself.

Thanks,

Jeff

Guess I got it backwards. I have two different types of Comply foamies with the larger sond tube openings (on the bottom), and I could swear the T400s, which I have more of, are smaller than the T500s, which I only have two pair of. Totally confused. I don't remember buying but one pack of T500s, so it isn't possible I own so many now. I guess it doesn't really matter, except I was trying to sell the T500s, and now I am gonna take them off the For Sale forum, because I have no idea what they are. The circumference of the sound tubes is much larger, it seems, than the T400s. Maybe they are stretched, but they are not used, so no idea how that could have happened. I give up. I can use them on canal phones like Sony, etc.

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess I got it backwards. I have two different types of Comply foamies with the larger sond tube openings (on the bottom), and I could swear the T400s, which I have more of, are smaller than the T500s, which I only have two pair of. Totally confused. I don't remember buying but one pack of T500s, so it isn't possible I own so many now. I guess it doesn't really matter, except I was trying to sell the T500s, and now I am gonna take them off the For Sale forum, because I have no idea what they are. The circumference of the sound tubes is much larger, it seems, than the T400s. Maybe they are stretched, but they are not used, so no idea how that could have happened. I give up. I can use them on canal phones like Sony, etc.

An easy way to tell the difference between T400/T500 is the color of the core tube.

The T400 has a clear core and the T500 has a grey core.

Jeff

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #8 of 109
What about Denon AK-C551?
Are they "supported"?

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #10 of 109
Yes, the C551ks work great with the T400s

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #11 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the C551ks work great with the T400s

I'll get them as soon as possible then.

Thank you for the reply!

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #12 of 109
Hi Jeff, what are the tips that fit the Phonak PFE?

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #13 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Jeff, what are the tips that fit the Phonak PFE?

I know I am not Jeff, but the T-130s were specifically designed for the PFE by Phonak. They are slightly different than T-100s which also fit, but from what I have read don't sound as good as the T-130s with the PFE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back