New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works
Jun 12, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #408 of 566
Jun 14, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #410 of 566
  Will it be safe/able to run 247 as a desktop amp? If the battery fails for example does powering it from the wall work?

based on my understanding on general technology,
it should be ok as long as you keep it in cool places. although I wouldn't suggest this.

however if the battery fail, it won't work even if you power it from the wall, since the power has to go through the battery and the amp gets the power from the battery.

please correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #415 of 566
Sorry but I couldn't find it - what are the outputs of the spark and is there any talk of a DAC combo version?

Cavalli doesn't make DAC's so I'd be surprised if they made a DAC combo version.  

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #416 of 566
The previous version before Alex brought the design in house did have a dac but the design was scraped. My "sources" tell me the design was good but guzzled power or not useful for portable use.

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #417 of 566
The previous version before Alex brought the design in house did have a dac but the design was scraped. My "sources" tell me the design was good but guzzled power or not useful for portable use.

Oh yeah, you know I do recall hearing that.  It was like... years ago, though, right?

You coming to the Focal event on Saturday?

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #418 of 566
Yes back when the design was first teased. Alex wasn't happy the portable design ran starve of juice, the the Proto(the one with the desktop power supply) good.

Yes I hope I can't make it I had to miss the last few due to scheduling conflicts. But I should be good for Saturday.

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #420 of 566
  Any news on this yet guys?

btw, how warm is this amp? is it gonna be as warm as Violectric amp (V200)?
I never heard the LC, so I don't know what to expect from Cavalli house sound.

Cavalli strives for a sound that measures flat.  From all accounts, the Violectric is about as warm as it gets in a non-entry-level amp.  Interestingly, although Cavalli amps do measure well, they do still have just a hint of warmth, giving Cavalli that house sound.  Don't expect anything on the level of the Vio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back