New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works
Oct 6, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #436 of 566
Sounds great, thanks for answering those questions. Form following function has me intrigued about the changes.
normal_smile .gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #438 of 566
Hi,

Does someone know the output power ?
It's only in single ended?

Cheers

350mW into 50 ohms. It is single ended only.

Don't be fooled by the power spec though, it will drive practically anything that isn't the HE-6. It sounds magnificent with the HE-1000.

Oct 15, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #440 of 566
@warrenpchi
If "the Liquid Spark is actually descended from our flagship Liquid Gold! " Why would one buy liquid Gold?

As good as the folks are at Cavalli, squeezing the sound of the LAu into a portable the size of the Spark would be some kind of engineering feat.

I'm guessing warrenpchi meant that the sound signature is similar to the LAu and not the Crimson or Carbon, since that was being discussed. If so, I welcome that, since the LAu is very neutral.

Also something that's obvious, the power output difference is substantial. Which you may need when driving some headphones that are not meant for travel.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #441 of 566
@warrenpchi
If "the Liquid Spark is actually descended from our flagship Liquid Gold! " Why would one buy liquid Gold?

"Descended" does not mean "exactly the same."

The Liquid Gold is a large, powerful amp that is mean for driving power hungry planar magnetics and can even drive speakers with the right connectors.

The Spark is a portable amp. It won't sound as good as the flagship, but from hearing prototypes it comes surprisingly close [for a small, portable amp]. "Descended from" means it shares some of the LAu's character, albeit in a device meant for different applications.

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #445 of 566
Dec 8, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #446 of 566
What ever happened to this amp? I see the picture in Warren's avatar, but it seems a while since any news.

It's still happening. Last I heard they were figuring out the printing for the amp and working on a different battery for the Asian market, I guess they have different regulations on that stuff. I listened to it again at RMAF, and I gotta be honest, I forgot just how incredible this little guy sounds.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #448 of 566
  and then two months of silence. 

+1. The communication from Cavalli hasn't been too stellar this past year. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but when it's radio silence for months, my enthusiasm wanes. Even if it's just "we're working on it, here are the issues we're resolving now and here's what's causing us troubles" every so often, it would go a long way towards maintaining (potential) customer interest. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #449 of 566
@warrenpchi - Maybe it's time for an update on the Liquid Spark? Cheers 

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #450 of 566
An update from Warren would be great. I met Warren at Canlanta in May 2016 and got on the list to purchase it from headphoneaudiofile.com as soon as it comes out. I saw the updated case in photos from RMAF, but nothing else. I am anxious for it to become available. I think it will be a great addition to my AK300 and Campfire Vega. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back