New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works
Feb 18, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #376 of 566
We should start a movement and online petition and see if we can get the Cavalli king to listen lol

I would be more than content and surprised to see/hear a Cavalli Audio DAC!!! I would buy that blindly in no time with enough notice. A DAP by Cavalli would also be a dream!

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #377 of 566
I'd kill to see a Cavalli DAP hit the market. Whose with me?

+1

Wish List:

1 Tb SSD, 5" OLED, TIDAL+MQA streaming, Balanced headphone-out, "real" line-out, optical out, and.....
rolleyes.gif
 behave like a ROON Server when used with an iPAD :)

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #378 of 566
It can power a HE-1000 to it's full potential !!! This is increadible ! How long does it fun on battery ?

The current proto units will run for about 15 hours from a fully charged battery. Mileage will vary some between batteries and how much load you put on the amp.

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #379 of 566
Hi,

Had a chance to hear the liquid spark at canjam singapore at the jaben booth.

On my wishlist is to have a louder volume, i was listening to gain 3 and pushing it all the way to max it doesnt really bring out the volume granted i was listening to the demo sennheiser hd 800 connected to liquid spark from fiio x7.

Is it correct to say that the performance will be this running on battery mode and if plugged to current which i saw at the back the volume will be louder? Own the LC myself and that can definitely push my big cans hard with great power!

Loving the size and build and having a wishlist for balanced support

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #380 of 566
Hi,

Had a chance to hear the liquid spark at canjam singapore at the jaben booth.

On my wishlist is to have a louder volume, i was listening to gain 3 and pushing it all the way to max it doesnt really bring out the volume granted i was listening to the demo sennheiser hd 800 connected to liquid spark from fiio x7.

Is it correct to say that the performance will be this running on battery mode and if plugged to current which i saw at the back the volume will be louder? Own the LC myself and that can definitely push my big cans hard with great power!

Loving the size and build and having a wishlist for balanced support

Are you sure your source volume wasn't down? Not positive, but I believe high gain at max volume would be your source's volume (or about 97 or 98 % of it) PLUS 15db. I only ask having made that mistake with a Fiio DAP at a show myself. We had a Ragnarok cranked to about 3 or 4 o'clock.

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #381 of 566
Are you sure your source volume wasn't down? Not positive, but I believe high gain at max volume would be your source's volume (or about 97 or 98 % of it) PLUS 15db. I only ask having made that mistake with a Fiio DAP at a show myself. We had a Ragnarok cranked to about 3 or 4 o'clock.

I was using the line out on top of x7 which has no volume controls. I hope im wrong because im looking forward to it as a LC owner but i also had the same reply from another headfier.
Either i listen to music too loud for my own good or it might be one off based on the one we tried. The room at level 2 didnt have too much people though compared to level 1 so im pretty sure its not due to the noise around.
Portable amps i own include fiio e12diy and ifi micro dsd as basis of comparison.

Apr 8, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #383 of 566
How would you rate the Mojo + Liquid Spark pairing for driving planar magnetics (especially the t50rp mods out there)?

I'm a bit undecided between this and the Liquid Carbon. The power of the Carbon is nice but the Spark wins on portability

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #384 of 566
  How would you rate the Mojo + Liquid Spark pairing for driving planar magnetics (especially the t50rp mods out there)?

I'm a bit undecided between this and the Liquid Carbon. The power of the Carbon is nice but the Spark wins on portability

Haven't heard the unreleased Spark and still deciding whether to get a Mojo so I can't answer your question. Although I've yet to read any posts (from those who've heard it) about the Spark being under-powered; just the opposite.

But I did order another LC (had to cancel my order last time and don't want to miss out a 2nd time).

I agree the Spark will be even more portable (not to mention the battery) but I still want the balanced out from the LC. If the Spark were balanced it'd be no contest even if both were the same price. But I believe the Spark will be around $300 less ($499) than the LC so that definitely gives it an advantage.

Also, Cavalli haven't said if the Spark will be a limited release like the Carbon. So, for anyone who may want to get both, if the Spark can still be purchased down the road, the improved LC may be a better investment for now.

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #385 of 566

Haven't heard the unreleased Spark and still deciding whether to get a Mojo so I can't answer your question. Although I've yet to read any posts (from those who've heard it) about the Spark being under-powered; just the opposite.

But I did order another LC (had to cancel my order last time and don't want to miss out a 2nd time).

I agree the Spark will be even more portable (not to mention the battery) but I still want the balanced out from the LC. If the Spark were balanced it'd be no contest even if both were the same price. But I believe the Spark will be around $300 less ($499) than the LC so that definitely gives it an advantage.

Also, Cavalli haven't said if the Spark will be a limited release like the Carbon. So, for anyone who may want to get both, if the Spark can still be purchased down the road, the improved LC may be a better investment for now.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Does the Carbon's balanced output make that a difference? I'm asking cause I've never heard one. If so I'll seriously consider the Carbon.

Fortunately I got a new notebook backpack (more spacious) so taking the Carbon with me won't be a problem. Also on the power plug issue I got myself covered as my notebook's power brick uses a standard C13 connector so with the help of a splitter I can run both of them from a single wall plug.

Anyway I'll wait patiently for now as there's still time for a Carbon up to May the 5th
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #386 of 566
Haven't heard the Carbon yet either (due to dropping out of the first run; haven't read a single bad word about how it sounds though). Whenever possible, I try to go balanced with every headphone and amp that supports it. I have a few pairs of balanced headphones, a balanced DAP (Pono), and a balanced amp I will continue using until the LC ships.

I believe Cavalli stated the LC was designed to mainly be used balanced. Hence some of the SE issues which are being improved for the second run.

How much difference we'll hear between SE and balanced depends on a few factors but, when done properly, there should definitely be an improvement. At this level, that's what its all about.

I'd say if you don't have any balanced headphones (and the necessary cables) and only plan to use SE, might as well wait for the Spark.

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #387 of 566
  Haven't heard the Carbon yet either (due to dropping out of the first run; haven't read a single bad word about how it sounds though). Whenever possible, I try to go balanced with every headphone and amp that supports it. I have a few pairs of balanced headphones, a balanced DAP (Pono), and a balanced amp I will continue using until the LC ships.

I believe Cavalli stated the LC was designed to mainly be used balanced. Hence some of the SE issues which are being improved for the second run.

How much difference we'll hear between SE and balanced depends on a few factors but, when done properly, there should definitely be an improvement. At this level, that's what its all about.

I'd say if you don't have any balanced headphones (and the necessary cables) and only plan to use SE, might as well wait for the Spark.

Being an electronics engineer I do understand all the tech talk behind it (schematics, formulae, Ix / Vx / Freq graphs etc).

Only that it will be (if I decide to go for it) the first time my ears get to know a balanced sound so I'm sailing on deep waters here
biggrin.gif

Right now I've got the NAD HP50s hooked to the Mojo. I'm waiting for a pair of ZMF Omnis (which I plan on upgrading to balanced later on (and drive them through a dedicated amp).

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #388 of 566
Received a prototype of the Spark this afternoon (thanks to Frank Iacone and Head Cavallian Warren), WOW!!!!!!!! Threw it on to try briefly and pack away for the Nashville Meet, only one problem, I can't stop listening to music. The Liquid Spark and my Alclair RSMs are absolutely magic together, big thank you to Frank and Warren!

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #389 of 566

I'll have a chance to compare the L. Spark and Mojo tomorrow, shoot me a reminder Sunday and I'll let you know.

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #390 of 566
I'll have a chance to compare the L. Spark and Mojo tomorrow, shoot me a reminder Sunday and I'll let you know.

Thanks!! That would be great. I don't own any CIEMs as I will mostly use it (the Spark) with a ZMF Omni (50R planar magnetic T50RP driver).

What's the per channel power output of the Spark (in RMS or peak value)?

If the pricing comes out 300$ lower (as gr8soundz suggests) and it has at least 80% of the Carbon's power (minus the balanced part) I think it would be quite a deal
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back