New!! Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson Amp
Dec 31, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #91 of 207

Liquid Crimson is in the house!  Build quality is fantastic. I will post impressions later after I get some time on it. Can't wait to dig in with my HD800 and Balanced Toxic Cables Silver Widows. 
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to your impressions Eric.

Jim

Thanks Jim! When does your come in? This is the demo that dBel had.

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #93 of 207
Dec 31, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #95 of 207

Barring a miracle the Crimson should win that race easy!

I think so also. As long as I get one soon I can patiently wait for the other. I have 2 dac's waiting amplification.

You are going to love it. After several hours of Non-RMAF listening I am in love with this amp!

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #96 of 207
Getting the review going. Glad I have some listening choices with the Liquid Crimson. It is incredibly transparent!

L to R: Sennheiser HD800's with the new Toxic Cables Silver Widow 22ga, Audeze LCD-X with Nordost Heimdall 2's, Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime's with WyWires Red Series, Audeze LCD-3's with Nordost Heimdall 2's, Sennheiser HD650's with Toxic Cables Silver Poison's. CIEM's are Jerry Harvey Audio JH16's Freq Phase with Toxic Cables Original Silver Widows.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #97 of 207
  Getting the review going. Glad I have some listening choices with the Liquid Crimson. It is incredibly transparent!

L to R: Sennheiser HD800's with the new Toxic Cables Silver Widow 22ga, Audeze LCD-X with Nordost Heimdall 2's, Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime's with WyWires Red Series, Audeze LCD-3's with Nordost Heimdall 2's, Sennheiser HD650's with Toxic Cables Silver Poison's. CIEM's are Jerry Harvey Audio JH16's Freq Phase with Toxic Cables Original Silver Widows.

That's a HUGE strong-point of the Crimson.
It's also a rarity, I find anyway, when you get to the reference-level desktop headphone amp arena - many are far more picky with regard
to headphone pairing choices.

It's also GREAT tube-rolling with the one lil' bottle!!
Compared to my E.A.R HP4 - which I have to remove the entire top-chassis casing (and its not a fast, 2-screw removal) and its always a lil' nerve-rackin' pulling the tubes from the board and slapping the new ones in. The Crimson is SOLID.

Matching it w/ my Master & Dynamic MH40s - that was a surprise: For some reason I didn't think they would work well together.
Man was I wrong!! The sound was warm and textural without smearing, and the Crimson may have brought out the fastest transient attack I've heard through the MH40s!!

And - when I added my Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite things got even more excitable and airy!
One of the marks of a good amp, I think, is its ability to help you discern the different gear changes you make in the system.

Just for giggles I tried my Sennheiser Momentums  - as that was another choice I didn't think would work (overkill, not sure why I thought so, but...) it was terrific!

Thus far my favorite cans with it are:

MrSpeakers Alpha Prime
Audeze LCD-2F
Audeze LCD-X
MrSpeakers Mad Dog Pro
Sennheiser HD800 

Plus it's low maintenance and looks GREAT on the desk!!
Review comin' this way too!!

Are we taggin' on this longbowbbs??

I'll PM you. 

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #98 of 207
  Hello Folks. Check this out.

http://positive-feedback.com/Issue76/awards2014.htm

And this:

Well-Deserved!!

Things got NUTZ at home w/ my wifeys health
- so I know my full review should be up already - and for that I'm so sorry.

But - I wasn't going to miss granting the Crimson this Award from PFO - as it really is an end-game kinda amp, and considering its musical and sonic attributes - you're really getting an amplifier that could easily be more money!!!!

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #99 of 207
Review is up...Check the link in my signature.

More photos of the Crimson:

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/947950/cavalli-audio-liquid-crimson#

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #100 of 207
  Review is up...Check the link in my signature.

More photos of the Crimson:

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/947950/cavalli-audio-liquid-crimson#

Great write up! Thanks for that...very enjoyable read!

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #101 of 207
Jan 26, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #103 of 207
  ANY comparasions against schiit raggy?

None I can give atm. I spent about 1/2 hour with the Rag at RMAF. It appears to be a really good amp. I do not have enough time with it to make a fair comparison.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #104 of 207
  None I can give atm. I spent about 1/2 hour with the Rag at RMAF. It appears to be a really good amp. I do not have enough time with it to make a fair comparison.

Anyone in the DC area have a Crimson? There's a group of people trying to set up a meet, and I'll be bringing my Ragnarok.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #105 of 207
  ANY comparasions against schiit raggy?

As annoying as this request will probably get in short time....I'm extremely interested in a comparison between the LC and the Rag. Based on the impressions of the LC, it is basically a dream amp of mine, and if the Rag can compete favorably to the LC's performance, then there's no doubt in my mind I'd save for the Schiit.

But this Liquid Crimson just sounds (from reading) like a dream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back