NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Dec 28, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #2,386 of 3,483
Hi guys,

i just bought a brand new ie800. they are amazing in high resolution trance and house progressive. What really stands out in this iem's is how the bass is fast and very clear and also the mids and highs. . Can someone that have the ie800 and the Atlas compare them both in this specific genre with high resolution files i am curious.

I have both, and for trance / prog house I think I'd go with Atlas, it has a thicker overall sound, but with also a crisp treble, makes better impact and thickness, everything sounds more lush and full. ATLAS is more like a fully grown headphone / speaker, where IE800 has its magic in how thin and splashy it sounds, if you prefer your music like this, then IE800 is quite great, while if you want even more detail better definition and a more natural sound, Atlas may prove to be an interesting upgrade (Ie800 is quuuuite old now, Atlas overtakes it in general resolution and detailing, at least with my typical music selection)

Dec 28, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #2,387 of 3,483
I have both, and for trance / prog house I think I'd go with Atlas, it has a thicker overall sound, but with also a crisp treble, makes better impact and thickness, everything sounds more lush and full. ATLAS is more like a fully grown headphone / speaker, where IE800 has its magic in how thin and splashy it sounds, if you prefer your music like this, then IE800 is quite great, while if you want even more detail better definition and a more natural sound, Atlas may prove to be an interesting upgrade (Ie800 is quuuuite old now, Atlas overtakes it in general resolution and detailing, at least with my typical music selection)

Hello Dobrescu,

Thank you for your reply. You are correct ie800 is a bit old now. What i noticed in this iem in my first hours of listening is that it is a very good all rounder. i am taking my shot at the Atlas in the future. :)

Dec 28, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #2,388 of 3,483
Hello Dobrescu,

Thank you for your reply. You are correct ie800 is a bit old now. What i noticed in this iem in my first hours of listening is that it is a very good all rounder. i am taking my shot at the Atlas in the future. :)

Yes, Ie800 is a great all-rounder, and it used to be my favorite for a long time, surely it should make you happy for a good while :)

Atlas is even better actually, and the most important aspect, at least for me nowadays, is how much more comfortable ATLAS is compared to IE800. The more I use a large number of IEMs, from really cheap Chi-Fi IEMs, to proper Flagships, the more I think that comfort is important, and IE800 simply didn't fit quite that well for my ears anymore, making a comfy choice like RE2000 Silver or Campfire Atlas much much better high-end options, I simply think that a IEM should be comfortable, especially when you pay a lot for it.

Jan 1, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #2,389 of 3,483
Happy New Year all,

Atlas was just awarded 2018 IEM of the year over at Earphonia.com

Cheers,

Kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 1, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #2,391 of 3,483
Congratulations Ken,

I am keeping my eye out for deals in the UK before getting the atlas :)
I am very weary of getting one second hand

Keep an eye on hifiheadphones then as they are official stockists of campfire. Only discounts I've seen were during black friday.

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #2,393 of 3,483
Happy New Year all,

Atlas was just awarded 2018 IEM of the year over at Earphonia.com

Cheers,

Kb

Congratulations Ken and all the Campfire team on the great work and vision...

It's what my ears have been telling me for months! Congrats to all owners-believers!

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #2,394 of 3,483
Would a comet satisfy someone who listens to metal, classical hip hop and jazz. Who wants iems to use in work all day and wants a clear but non fatiguing sound?
Considering these, Sony N1, pinnacle P1 and orvetti new premacy

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #2,396 of 3,483
Congratulations Ken and all the Campfire team on the great work and vision...

It's what my ears have been telling me for months! Congrats to all owners-believers!

I’ve had the Atlas for just over a month now. They are a direct conduit of raw musical emotion from your ears to your heart and soul. Congrats to Ken and Campfire Audio for creating something that portrays the emotive power of music with such amazing technical prowess and aplomb.

Jan 5, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #2,398 of 3,483
your smartphone and Hiby R3

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #2,400 of 3,483
For a pair of £1300 headphones I must say as it stands I am disappointed.

Am really concerned that there is something wrong with them.

Was expecting driver flex before I purchased.

However it seems that on one side the driver is weaker than the other and does not equalise when inserted resulting in no sound on one side and when I manage to get it in my ear without it being silenced there is less bass response. Resulting in an uneven sound.

Also when I remove them from my ears I can hear them pop and click sometimes. This is a loud enough sound that it's audible when they are well away from my ears and occurs after a few seconds.TTo think such a small driver can make such a loud sound is unnerving.

I was wary about purchasing such an expensive pair of headphones as I have been stung on a warranty before.

Does anyone in the UK have experience with Campfires after sales support?

The annoying thing is even with the driver problems and uneven sound I can tell these are a cracking sounding pair of headphones.

Does what I have described sound like a fault or am I wearing them incorrectly?

EDIT: Emailed Campfire Audio and they got back to me within an hour and they are going to look after me. Their response was really detailed and has really put my mind to rest. Amazing first impressions of their support team, shout out to Caleb.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back