NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Oct 17, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #2,221 of 3,483
13zy2kj.jpg

Got mine and fitted them with acoustune aet08 medium tips. Tried the aet07 tips and the thick bass was gone and introduced some sibiliance. With the aet08 tips, the bass is tamer and the overall presentation is more balanced, but still a bass machine.

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #2,222 of 3,483
Got to love the bass on the Atlas listening to "love in the club" by Usher. But damn it's taken 20 mins just to get them to fit right. For now.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #2,223 of 3,483
back to RHA tips again. was premature that the standard medium silicon sounded just right. it didn't. to much lower treble and poor mids. took more listening to notice. RHA tips still sound perfect to me and have all along. will just have to deal with driver flex with them. I refuse to cut tips or punch pinholes. no makeshift solutions for me for $1300 earphones. am going to buy some aftermarket tips. such as symbios or spiral dots. or .acoustune, as last shown. play around with those

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #2,224 of 3,483
Whoever is the primary designer of the Atlas needs to go back to the drawing board and design these IEM's to fit people properly! They do sound great ( when you actually get the correct fit occasionally) but for the top end price of these Atlas to me is just not good enough!

I have gone through tips after tips and the comply foamies are the only ones that don't stop the drivers from working ( driver flex or whatever its called) but I am not a fan of this tip's rolloff in the treble dept.

All of the remainder tips supplied are useless too me. Symbio's are hopeless to me with these IEM's too. I have some spiral dots on the way to try but I am expecting dissapointment here as well.

I have owned Andromedas, and many other brands and never had issues with fit, and for one of the most expensive IEM's on the market it is just not good enough. Ken!!!!

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #2,225 of 3,483
Whoever is the primary designer of the Atlas needs to go back to the drawing board and design these IEM's to fit people properly! They do sound great ( when you actually get the correct fit occasionally) but for the top end price of these Atlas to me is just not good enough!

I have gone through tips after tips and the comply foamies are the only ones that don't stop the drivers from working ( driver flex or whatever its called) but I am not a fan of this tip's rolloff in the treble dept.

All of the remainder tips supplied are useless too me. Symbio's are hopeless to me with these IEM's too. I have some spiral dots on the way to try but I am expecting dissapointment here as well.

I have owned Andromedas, and many other brands and never had issues with fit, and for one of the most expensive IEM's on the market it is just not good enough. Ken!!!!

+1

The Atlas sounds great BUT only if you get a proper fit and if you can avoid driver flex...

I tried all the supplied ones +Symbio, +SpinFit and none prevent driver flex. The only ones that work are the foamies but the bass is muddy and the treble tends to disappear. I'm seriously considering to get customs tips now. +$200 more.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #2,226 of 3,483
+1

The Atlas sounds great BUT only if you get a proper fit and if you can avoid driver flex...

I tried all the supplied ones +Symbio, +SpinFit and none prevent driver flex. The only ones that work are the foamies but the bass is muddy and the treble tends to disappear. I'm seriously considering to get customs tips now. +$200 more.
The good news for me is that if tips inserted very slowly with mouth open wide I can generally avoid the flex. I will put up with this, as I usually use them at home, sitting or laying quietly. If I used them on the go the driver flex would be a problem though. Gotta say though, even with the comply tips I challenge someone to find a better sounding iem at the rough price point.

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #2,227 of 3,483
Ya the driver flex was real. Using the CA marshmallow tip sounded best without it.

The weight was more of a problem though. Very uncomfortable...

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #2,228 of 3,483

Try using a tip that's a size smaller than what you're used to, MS sized spiral dots are ok for me (can be fidgety if you don't pull your ears up and back to straighten the ear canal) same as the smallest final audio tips, Unfortunately I don't have a smaller sized acoustune aet08/07 tips to try on my end (all are M sized) but aet06 M (double flange) fits too. Small symbios are ok too if you squish them and do the ear pull too. Overall, make sure the ears and tips are dry.

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #2,230 of 3,483
Oct 18, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #2,231 of 3,483
I use these spherical foams with Atlas and Andro, work great with both https://www.complyfoam.com/products/ts-400/
What is the difference you heard with the sypherical foam? I never seen those complys before. I am using the stock marshmallow tips with my Andros since I’m weary about the screen that covers the bore on comply foams.
I am wondering if that sypherical shape actually helps comfort and seal

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #2,232 of 3,483
If you put them deep in the ear canal it might be a problem, but I try to have them as shallow as possible.
Also have no problem with wearing them in standard position without cable over ear.
Might be that I am just lucky, but I like them and haven't seen anyone mentioned them.

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #2,233 of 3,483
My SHA900 has pretty killer EQ suite on board. Better than most, including Astell & Kern’s. More powerful and maintains fidelity far better. Anyway, I’ve been playing with a 3 dB boost filter centered at 1.25 kHz to bring forward mids a bit, given Atlas huge bass. Result has been AWESOME

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #2,234 of 3,483
I liked comfort with marshmallows, but have to put them more deep so the bass was too thick and without texture on Atlas. I like these complys with Andro because I had some fit issues and only with these felt comfortable. You may buy them without wax guard, all complys have this option.

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #2,235 of 3,483
So, are they vented or closed designs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back