New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Mar 3, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #904 of 1,276
I've only used one headphone with my V2+......the LCD-2 Fazor. The V2+ drives them very, very well. I miss the spaciousness of my previous HD 800 and I'm thinking of getting another can that will give me that or close to it. I'm very curious to know how the V2+ will sound with other headphones. Not sure if I need to go tube with something 300 ohm like an 8xx. Maybe I'll contact the Cable Company for a loaner.

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #905 of 1,276
well after months of researching dac/head-amp combos with some auditions and comparisons thrown in, i've come full circle and purchased the v2+. connecting it to my pc via usb was straightforward and glitch free, which i've really come to appreciate. it's early days but i'm impressed with the v2+ so far.

Mar 15, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #906 of 1,276
Awesome. I hope you like it. I love mine. I own an LCD 2Fazor and it drives it nicely. I'm currently auditioning a Focal Elear with a Clear coming in a week or two as a loaner. I'm extremely pleased with the Burson's athuratitive control over the Elear. VERY punchy and dynamic with the Elear. Can't wait to try the Clear.

So what other amps were u considering or have heard that made you decide on the V2+?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #907 of 1,276
Also, may ask what headphone(s) do you plan on using with the V2+?

Mar 15, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #908 of 1,276
well after months of researching dac/head-amp combos with some auditions and comparisons thrown in, i've come full circle and purchased the v2+. connecting it to my pc via usb was straightforward and glitch free, which i've really come to appreciate. it's early days but i'm impressed with the v2+ so far.
I recommend that you try connecting the V2+ DAC through Ethernet. I put together a Raspberry Pi mini-PC with Ropieee and use it with Roon. To my ears it makes a huge difference over plugging directly into my PC. YMMV.

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #909 of 1,276
Awesome. I hope you like it. I love mine. I own an LCD 2Fazor and it drives it nicely. I'm currently auditioning a Focal Elear with a Clear coming in a week or two as a loaner. I'm extremely pleased with the Burson's athuratitive control over the Elear. VERY punchy and dynamic with the Elear. Can't wait to try the Clear.

So what other amps were u considering or have heard that made you decide on the V2+?
Also, may ask what headphone(s) do you plan on using with the V2+?
by way of some background, i was quite content with my dac and head-amp separates. it was the purchase of the utopia that caused me to start searching for a new all-in-one option. i soon realised that the relatively high output impedance of my tube head-amp was not a good match with the utopia. my other cans don't appear to be affected by it, but the utopia seems to "like" a lower output impedance.  

so my auditions were primarily with the utopia in mind, and i was only interested in solid state options. i also had a budget that i didn't want to exceed. i tried the questyle cma600i, schiit bifrost/asgard in combination (not an all-in-one unit i know but it was for the purpose of a comparison with the cv2+), sennheiser hdvd 800 (it has a high output impedance but was used in a random comparison with the cma600i), and the little resonessence labs concero hp, which has received glowing reviews. i was also interested in the holo audio cyan dac/head-amp combo, but ruled it out due to production delays and other considerations. 

i preferred the sound of the cv2+ paired with the utopia over the cma600i, the form factor and solid build quality of the cv2+ over the schiit separates, and the cv2+'s "bang for the buck" over the concero hp.  

i intend to use the cv2+ with the cans listed in my profile, along with some others that aren't.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #910 of 1,276
i have read here some posts re noise (static) coming from the v2+

I am finding that with my hd800 (but not my lcd2 at all)

is this typical/expected with the hd800 (I wouldn't think so)? it is at a level that is a nuisance

(the volume of the noise does not change as the change the volume of the unit)

Alex at Burson has been good looking at what it might be but what have others found

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #911 of 1,276
i have read here some posts re noise (static) coming from the v2+

I am finding that with my hd800 (but not my lcd2 at all)

is this typical/expected with the hd800 (I wouldn't think so)? it is at a level that is a nuisance

(the volume of the noise does not change as the change the volume of the unit)

Alex at Burson has been good looking at what it might be but what have others found
On my V2+ the noise was a grounding problem according to Burson. I tried all sorts of gadgets to get rid of it and never could entirely. I've since sold my V2+ because of the noise.

It was a very sweet sounding all-in-one when there was less noise.

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #912 of 1,276
Nothing on my LCD 2 F or the Elear I just borrowed.

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #913 of 1,276
I've stopped using any USB or analogue RCAs because of that noise and all I'm using is an optical cable for both digital and analogue processing. Noise is non-existent now.

Sound quality and level of the overall experience has gone up a notch too for two reasons: 1) Optical cables tend to be more peaceful with better flow of the music than USBs and 2) The Audioquest Vodka simply puts both the clear blue USB and the RCA that Burson ships with the unit, to bed, to say it politely. The cable isn't ideal for every setup though, you may find it lacking a bit in bass slam and overall attack depending on your audio chain and taste.

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #914 of 1,276
Fwiw I've used my V2+ with a very wide variety of headphones and IEM's and I've never heard any static noise with any of them.

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #915 of 1,276
Fwiw I've used my V2+ with a very wide variety of headphones and IEM's and I've never heard any static noise with any of them.
You are one of the lucky few then :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back