New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by sunwarrior, Feb 17, 2016.
First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
61 62 63 64
Next

Last
  1. omniweltall
    I have one 32-bit WAV album. It is not a big deal. Don't worry about it.

I'm playing 16-bit out of my Mimby at the moment, and I love it.

2. omniweltall
    I don't think it is necessary to choose the format in your PC 'Speaker Properties'. If you use Asio/Wasapi, the PC will simply bypass this, and your DAC will take care of it. The format setting in your foobar (or equivalent) will matter though.

Did you install 'DSDTranscoderInstall-1.0.10' yet? You need this to properly play DSD in CV2+, up to DSF/DFF 256. Took me a while to figure this out. Previously, I couldn't play certain high-res DSD files without using DoP.

I don't know why you couldn't install the drive. But please try the older driver from Burson website 'Xmos-USB-(Win8+)'. After you install the Burson xmos driver, if your PC cannot detect the device, my experience is just to let it rest and try again after a few hours. I experienced it many times. Worked all the time for me. Perhaps the Burson DAC overheated? I'm not sure why.

If you succeed with the older driver. Try uninstall it, then reinstall the latest driver again.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  3. xevman
    I've installed everything that's required to play native DSD. The issue is when I click to play a native DSD file the driver won't Initialise and that is because it won't install. I tried the windows 8 driver and still the same issue. Ill contact Burson via email.

4. omniweltall
    Thats weird. Why wont it install.

Is it only dsd you cant play? Can u play flac files?

Pse update us here how it goes. Other peeps might face the same issue in the future.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  5. xevman
    I can play all files fine. DSD via DoP works provided it's 128 or 64. Native DSD and DSD256 don't work as I need the driver.

6. mandrake50
    Where did you obtain the 32 bit media. I haven't seen any. It might be interesting to have some music in 32 bit around just to experiment with.

7. omniweltall
    Ca
    I bought it somewhere a long time ago. Can't remember.

Most of my albums are 16/44 and 24/96. I stopped favoring DSD after a while. Waste of space. Although some DACs are designed to play DSD better, it doesn't mean DSD is better.

8. omniweltall
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You need a driver to play any music files. If you don't have a driver installed, you shouldn't be able to play FLAC or DoP too. You mind showing me a screenshot of your installed drivers?

I suggest that you don't use DoP for the Burson. It does sound better if you play native DSD, to my ears.

9. xevman
    Im talking about the proprietary/third party xmos driver not the integrated windows one. I've tried everything and with the windows bundled driver I cannot get native DSD to play. I've installed everything thats required. It flat out just refuses to play. I've followed a step by step guide on diyaudioheaven. It wont allow me to double click on DsD transcoder dop/native in foobar2k. Nothing comes up. I need a window to open so i can select the device. No option appears either in foobar for me to select the DSD processor it just says 'none'.

10. xevman
    Here is an image. Double clicking on this does nothing

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  11. xevman
    Problem resolved. Burson uploaded a new version of the xmos driver on their website and the unit functions flawlessly.

Matias likes this.
  12. xevman
    Anyone used Mrspeakers aeon with the conductor v2? Curious to see how the amp handles the 13 ohm load with a 3 ohm output impedance. Considering these as a secondary pair of headphones to compliment my HD800.

13. Josef Parran
    Are the RCA outputs on the rear controlled by the front volume control, say if I wanted to use a pair of powered speakers hooked up to these, and are these RCA outs muted when a headphone is plugged in? Thanks.

14. devilboy
    Depends which outputs you use.

Dac outs.......the volume to speakers is not muted when headphones are in.

Pre outs.......the volume to speakers is muted.

15. devilboy
    Either outs are controlled by the main volume.

First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
61 62 63 64
Next

Last