New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
May 9, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #332 of 1,276
Yes Peter

But won't see it for a couple of weeks, holidaying back home! whoo hoo!!

Victor

Sounds good Victor. Who knows, maybe I'll beat you to it :wink:

May 9, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #334 of 1,276
Yes Peter

But won't see it for a couple of weeks, holidaying back home! whoo hoo!!

Victor

Sorry, quoted the wrong post :)

Enjoy your holiday!

May 9, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #335 of 1,276
May 9, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #336 of 1,276
It was a very good pairing. I would listen to this combo for hours on end without fatigue.
I would think that the V2 would mate even better with its added transparency and less grain than the Soloist.

May 9, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #337 of 1,276
Sounds good Victor. Who knows, maybe I'll beat you to it
wink.gif

Let's have a race! 
wink.gif

The HE560 has never been my "go-to" headphone.  I find it very uncomfortable for my head, it just keep squeezing my head!  Also, I find it pairs better with my Hifiman EF6, which has been running single channel for pretty much the last 6 months.  

With the Burson, I find the sound a bit on the lean side.  Upper bass and mid are slightly recessed, giving a sound that lacks body.  With the treble happy nature of the 560, it just shatters my ears with some recordings especially with violins. They are quite good with fast pace music like the Allegro's of symphonies and concertos.  I wouldn't be using that for jazz/blues type stuff, still prefer tube for that kind of music.

In contrast, the EF6 just give that bit more body which makes the HE560 much more enjoyable (and also the HE6 for that matter).  With the fuller mid and bass, the treble is "tamed" and the sound become more cohesive.  But you do have to give up some details and pace that the Burson does better.

May 9, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #339 of 1,276
does anyone know if the new conductor is a good choice for hifiman 1000 and audeze lcd-4

I have both of those headphones. They are made for each other. Great synergy between the V2 and both of those phones. As much as I loved the energy and engagement of the Soloist, the V2 improves on it making long term listening sessions very engaging.

May 9, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #340 of 1,276

does anyone know if the new conductor is a good choice for hifiman 1000 and audeze lcd-4

I have both of those headphones. They are made for each other. Great synergy between the V2 and both of those phones. As much as I loved the energy and engagement of the Soloist, the V2 improves on it making long term listening sessions very engaging.

thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if you have a preference between the two phones. Do you think one excels overall? or based on genre/preference? I heard comfort for the hifi was much better but what is your own take the comfort issue when it comes to long term listening? I rmr i personally had trouble listening to lcd-3 long term in the past when i owned one. 

May 10, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #342 of 1,276
Let's have a race! :wink:

The HE560 has never been my "go-to" headphone.  I find it very uncomfortable for my head, it just keep squeezing my head!  Also, I find it pairs better with my Hifiman EF6, which has been running single channel for pretty much the last 6 months.  

With the Burson, I find the sound a bit on the lean side.  Upper bass and mid are slightly recessed, giving a sound that lacks body.  With the treble happy nature of the 560, it just shatters my ears with some recordings especially with violins. They are quite good with fast pace music like the Allegro's of symphonies and concertos.  I wouldn't be using that for jazz/blues type stuff, still prefer tube for that kind of music.

In contrast, the EF6 just give that bit more body which makes the HE560 much more enjoyable (and also the HE6 for that matter).  With the fuller mid and bass, the treble is "tamed" and the sound become more cohesive.  But you do have to give up some details and pace that the Burson does better.

Game on :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. One of the reasons that made me purchase the V2+ in the end was how good a complement it is to my Advance Acoustic Mda503 tube dac (which has more weight to the notes compared to the Sabre in the V2) and your comments makes me believe that it might be better using the MDA503 as a dac with the HE560's.

If I can find a pair of the 560 at an ok price I'll give them a shot.

May 10, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #343 of 1,276
Game on
wink.gif

Thanks for the feedback. One of the reasons that made me purchase the V2+ in the end was how good a complement it is to my Advance Acoustic Mda503 tube dac (which has more weight to the notes compared to the Sabre in the V2) and your comments makes me believe that it might be better using the MDA503 as a dac with the HE560's.

If I can find a pair of the 560 at an ok price I'll give them a shot.

I preferred the HE-400i over the HE-560... the latter is too harsh for my taste, didn't liked the sound from the Sabre DAC I auctioned it; don't know how they'll react to the Burson sabre implementation though...

Keep in mind that I'll take any-day a Senn HD650 over a HD800

May 10, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #345 of 1,276
Guys with the CV2+ remember to always use a USB cable with 5V power enabled, otherwise you'll do like me trying to track down why the heck USB input sound so strange!!

That's odd.
Does that mean it 'works' without the 5v (handshakes and plays), but doesn't sound good?

The first gen conductor doesn't need the 5v (I taped overact pin). I didn't notice any change in sound after doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back