1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New: Burson Audio Play Amp/DAC (2W@16Ohm) (op-amp rollers dream)

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by ostewart, Sep 20, 2017.
First

Back
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Next

Last
  1. Renfield1217
    I have...

Ren

Audio Addict likes this.
  2. Renfield1217
    Is a very good price totally agreed.

Ren

3. selvakumar
    ill order playmate next week

4. Onik
    hello guys just received my BURSON PLAY BASIC. and I was really excited until I heard hissing on the right channel from my headphones: AMIRON HOME, ATH-R70X, I have noticed that on AMIRON HOME the hissing is louder and on R70X it's not really noticeable but still hiss on the right channel.

Is this unit faulty or is there anything I can do to have a complete BLACK BACGROUND?

5. raoultrifan
    Swap opamps between channels and check if noise moves from right to left.

BTW, what board tevusion do you got? V2.3 perhaps?

6. Onik
    I just upgraded my op amps with complete V6 Vivids but no difference.

I am now looking for the board rev but I can't find it where is it written? 09730F99-DA97-4ADF-A1C5-036140471BD9.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  7. raoultrifan
    If I remember well, it should be under the volume front card.

8. raoultrifan
    Looks like a version no. higher than V1.6 to me, so it should have no noise issues. However, even the V1.6 only had some noise on sensitive IEMs and not on regular cans and noise was the same on both channels not only on the right one.

Have a word with Burson support on this one, maybe they know more. I'm sure you’ll sort this out, just keep up posted.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  9. raoultrifan
    BTW, try different opamps in IV and LPF too, the 3 opamps nearby the USB transport card, just to be sure it's from one of these opamps. If not, you should contact Burson.

10. Onik
    I just emailed burson to this email: info@bursonaudio.com is there anywhere else I can get support?

11. raoultrifan
    You did the right thing. Again, with the default 3xNE5532 and 2xNE5534 is the same annoying noise on the right channel?

12. Onik
    YES I was trying it with with the basic op amps first, I also did try the PLAY in different rooms but no luck. maybe the PSU casuing the noise if not then something not right on the right channels output stage.

13. Fasterball
    Just got my Playmate and have sooo many questions. Do we know if a playmate thread was started?

14. Audio Addict Contributor
    I have not seen any. I have not received any notice. I have the Everest and a Swing on order.

First

Back
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Next

Last