New: Burson Audio Play Amp/DAC (2W@16Ohm) (op-amp rollers dream)
Jan 6, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #1,036 of 1,256
You look a bit like a basshead to me, so...lower the output volume from your EQ with -2.4dB, increase the 30Hz with +2.4dB and the 40Hz with +1.2dB and give it a listen.
K712 are neutral cans, it's not really to emphasize the bass, but a bit of punch is much more easy to achieve with DSP/EQ and much more cheaper than swapping a neutral amp with another one that sounds more bassy.
Also, iFi has DAC/headamp combo that have X-Bass included and you might want to read some reviews for their equipment too; this means built-in EQ, not very adjustable like a software EQ, but if it's per your liking then it might be better.

BTW, V5i are a bit on the bassy-side...have a search on this forum and see if someone else tested them. If can't find one...ping me and I'll see if I can try it out (I already have access to 2 identical PLAY unit, so I can do A/B test with different opamps installed in both units).
a screenshot of foobar2000 in a private message?

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #1,037 of 1,256
T50RP_EQ_jRiver.png T50RP_EQ_Foobar.png

Couple of thumbs shouldn't bother anyone here, I hope. However, these are for T50RP-mk3, but the T60RP are a bit better in the low-end, so feel free to adjust the lowest octave per your liking.
Also, above 2KHz trust no one, just use your ears. I'm sensitive around 5-6KHz and I'm missing few dB around 8KHz, so...please use your ears and audiocheck.net or similar.

Jan 13, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #1,038 of 1,256
It has been about a month since I bought the new v2.3 PCB, I have the same issue with DC Barrel of previous power cords and there has been no response from Burson to address this issue.

I after a public post they will respond.

Btw, anybody compared Playmate with Play v2.3?

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #1,041 of 1,256
If I remember well someone had same issue posted in the thread and they answered that they will send him another power brick to fit it. See pages 62-65.
Seems that few boards got a different connector, not all.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #1,042 of 1,256

Couple of thumbs shouldn't bother anyone here, I hope. However, these are for T50RP-mk3, but the T60RP are a bit better in the low-end, so feel free to adjust the lowest octave per your liking.
Also, above 2KHz trust no one, just use your ears. I'm sensitive around 5-6KHz and I'm missing few dB around 8KHz, so...please use your ears and audiocheck.net or similar.
How far would you have to turn the knob for listenable volume?

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #1,048 of 1,256
Just put up my review of the Burson Play Basic "Kicking $299 Audio Expectations to the Curb" - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/burson-audio-play.22702/reviews

I guess from the title, you can see my opinion. I have played with a number of low-cost options as I worked myself up in audiophile sound and have never heard this kind of performance at this price. It is replacing my Hugo 2 in my desktop audio chain so that my Hugo 2 is ready for mobile use without the both of having to tear down and reassemble. I am not going to miss it as the SQ difference is only slight. That is saying a lot given the price difference. Regardless, my review covers the pairing of my HP and CIEM collection to give you an idea of what it offers high-end equipment. The short of it is that the neutral signature plays well with all and offers max performance from each. As a bonus, I check what happens when running a higher end Eddie Current ZDs t;ube amp with the 9018 dac implementation and it was stellar. Let me know what you think of the review.

Jan 18, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #1,049 of 1,256
Just put up my review of the Burson Play Basic "Kicking $299 Audio Expectations to the Curb" - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/burson-audio-play.22702/reviews

I guess from the title, you can see my opinion. I have played with a number of low-cost options as I worked myself up in audiophile sound and have never heard this kind of performance at this price. It is replacing my Hugo 2 in my desktop audio chain so that my Hugo 2 is ready for mobile use without the both of having to tear down and reassemble. I am not going to miss it as the SQ difference is only slight. That is saying a lot given the price difference. Regardless, my review covers the pairing of my HP and CIEM collection to give you an idea of what it offers high-end equipment. The short of it is that the neutral signature plays well with all and offers max performance from each. As a bonus, I check what happens when running a higher end Eddie Current ZDs t;ube amp with the 9018 dac implementation and it was stellar. Let me know what you think of the review.
Went through the same thought when I sold my Hugo because I don’t really need a mobile dac and the difference in SQ doesn’t justify the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back