1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New: Burson Audio Play Amp/DAC (2W@16Ohm) (op-amp rollers dream)

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by ostewart, Sep 20, 2017.
First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last
  1. Fasterball
    [​IMG]

2. Fasterball
    Just posted a pic of the new playmate internals - don't know why it's so big. Here's another one [​IMG]

3. Fasterball
    In the pic above the v6 classic vivids are covering the other op amp that I have in the gain stage. There are 4 dual op amps.

4. raoultrifan
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  5. Fasterball
    I agree - someone here asked me to post it.

raoultrifan likes this.
  6. raoultrifan
  7. 489392
    Would love a Silver Burson Play next to my iMac :)

8. Audio Addict Contributor
    With the Swing and Playmate being delivered this week, I have been spending time with the Play today. Mine has all Vivid V6s. I am on my 3rd headphone today. Started with the Massdrop Fostex THX-00 then switched to the HE-400i and now the Hyland Saturn. The Play is being fed by Room Remote with a LH Labs 1G USB cable.

I am continually amazed at its sonic signature. With the Fostex, I was driving it at a mere 6 while the HE-400i was only 12-14 and the Saturn in the 6-9 range.

It will be interesting what Massdrop prices the drop as it said Massdrop made but it looks exactly like Burson's Play.

raoultrifan likes this.
  9. Fasterball
    Wait you were driving your HE400i with the volume set between 12 - 14 on the Playmate? Really?

10. Audio Addict Contributor
    Yes. I am using a 4 meter MIT Vero cable. My HE400i is an early version as it still has the mini-coaxial connector.

11. Fasterball
    Are you using a different amp? I'm asking because when I use the Playmate the volume indicator has to be much higher to drive my HE400i. Heck it has to be higher than that to drive my Nighthawks. Do I have a defective unit?

12. Audio Addict Contributor
    I actually have 2 Plays not Playmates. With the HE-400i, at 14 on the volume with V6s, the sound is 68-72 db.

13. Fasterball
    Oh fetch - I'm getting my forums confused. That makes sense now. Go home Fasterball you're drunk lol. The Play does output more at lower levels. On the Playmate they changed the volume system so it steps up slower thus you get a higher number on the digital display than you would get on the Play. At least that's what Burson told me - sorry for the confusion.

14. Audio Addict Contributor
    The Playmate (Everest) and Swing arrived just now.

15. Wiljen
    I haven't gotten a chance to try out the Playmate yet, but the Swing is quite a treat. Do you have a Fun or Bang to try it with?

Audio Addict likes this.
First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last