1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New: Burson Audio Play Amp/DAC (2W@16Ohm) (op-amp rollers dream)

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by ostewart, Sep 20, 2017.
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last
  1. DjBobby
    Literary all Senns work great with the Play. The least happy pairing is with the AKGs. The Beyers fall somewhere between, both DT880 and T90 work quite nice with the Play, although I slightly prefer them with the tube amps. From all the cans I've tried with the Play, HD650 seems to be the match made in heaven.

2. Fasterball
    I have the AKG 712 pros and they sound great on the play.

3. DjBobby
    The K712 have 3db elevated bass, so I can imagine that they pair very well with the Play. I was referring more to the "standard" K701/702/7XX which sound lean.

4. raoultrifan
    selvakumar and DjBobby like this.
  5. Eiffel
    Now, that's a move.
    I wonder if the DAC is the full 9038...

For the moment I see their pages are quite mixed - I think they are not ready yet.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    raoultrifan likes this.
  6. selvakumar
  7. Eiffel
    Now from what I see, Playmate would be a replacement for Play, and Swing will be a DAC only - that's a first for Burson.

However, they need to change the specs on the web pages.

selvakumar likes this.
  8. selvakumar
    no it's completely different from what i hear from Burson play is unique playmate is with new dac chip 9038 pro optical out and frount oled display first time for burson

9. Eiffel
    I've speak about "replacement" as a new model, of course - it will still be a DAC/2W Amp Desktop/PC. Just different DAC inside and some other updates.
    Both will have the 9038. Hope is the Full Pro version, not the Q2M.

What I could notice from the Swing photos - it will have 2 Line-Outs - one variable and one fixed. Playmate will have only variable output.

10. Renfield1217
    Hi Eiffel,
    This puts me in a quandary since I just ordered a Burson Play on the Black Friday sale.

Ren

Eiffel likes this.
  11. selvakumar
    yes no balanced output and to my knowledge, it will 9038 pro since 9038 dont have Q2M

12. selvakumar
    the play is best of the best since it has legendary ESS SABRE 9018

13. raoultrifan
    I would say it’s the Q2M inside of both units; after all, unless all the 8 output pairs are tide-up together, 4-by-4, there’s absolutely no differences between the 2 chips. See the Sonica DAC that is only using one output pair per channel...where’s the gain? Benchmark DAC3 is using all outputs indeed, but what’s the price difference?

However, let’s see who can find some news here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-burson-swing-dual-mono-9038-dac-preamp-changeable-opamps.894620/ and here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...2wpc-headamp-preamp-changeable-opamps.894619/.

Eiffel likes this.
  14. raoultrifan
    If the price was good, then don’t feel bad about it. PLAY is a great combo and it should be a keeper. I know, I personally get attached to “things”, especially in audio-video field. Need to mention that I still have my first Delia/Unitra receiver (ampli/tuner) from ‘82 and Kashtan 1 set of speakers from ‘83. :)

15. raoultrifan
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last