New budget Swans M10 computer speakers at The Audio Insider
Oct 20, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #61 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by kanamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, are you using these?
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...i/PICT0851.jpg

I'm so drooling over the M10 right now, I can't decide what to burn 100 on, these, or the Audio Technica SQ5s (then again I have plenty of headphones, but that logic doesn't apply to head-fi members).

haha, i have seen those before, but i am using these at the moment...my M10s are still lost in the mail.

http://www.thetwistergroup.com/store...C%3EMMS171.JPG

Oct 23, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #63 of 91
I wanna see this against the promedia 2.1's

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #68 of 91
ahhhh couldn't resist Klipsch promedia 2.1 for $60 OTD, I bit
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #69 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick update - the bass is starting to smooth out a bit and sounding more musical. Really nice instrument placement - pretty 3D. Voices really come out at you. Very happy with these speakers considering their price.

Agreed. I've been too busy with school this past week to really sit down and critically listen, but from what I've noticed the sound has improved. The bass is definitely becoming less "thud-y" and more musical, as you say. I'm hoping the top-end will open up a bit more as well, as time goes on. The midrange is where these speakers really shine - female vocals in particular are very rich and lush sounding. I suspect that the nice big 3" midrange drivers are to thank for this.

PS: Unless someone who already owns or has heard the m200s decides to bite the bullet, a comparo is going to be hard to come by.

Oct 24, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #70 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, there are quite a few Head-Fiers out there who own M200's. I have the ProMedia 2.1's and find them decent, but lacking in smoothness.

Actually, what I meant is that I doubt there is anyone here that has heard both.

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #71 of 91
And I just bought the Promedia 2.1s for $75 shipped on ebay a month ago... well, hopefully someone can get a comparison going with between the m10s and the promedias, and maybe it'll just be worth putting the promedias back on ebay...

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #72 of 91
Oct 30, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #73 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I myself have no idea since I've never heard the M200s. I doubt you're going to find anyone here who has.

oh I thought you had the 200s. My bad :p

Oct 30, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #74 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To anyone who is still on the fence about these, newegg is now offering them for $99 with free shipping.

newegg doesnt seem to ship to canada, or am i missing something here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back