New budget Swans M10 computer speakers at The Audio Insider
Oct 10, 2007 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

umcloud

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, there's a new set of Swans multimedia speakers available at The Audio Insider: the Swan M10. Perhaps they'll be a budget alternative to the ever-popular M200? I've been looking for some computer speakers to go with my new iMac, and these are very tempting... they obviously look very beautiful, the question is how do they sound? My decision is pretty much between these and the Klipsch Promedia, and if I go with these, I'll be sure to update you with my impressions. And if anyone else already has them, or will soon, let me know what you think!

Edit: Forgot to mention that it's selling for $109.00 + shipping, and it's a 2.1 setup.

Oct 10, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 91
I was eyeing the M200s but a 2.1 system for a little over $110? I may give them a chance just for the heck of it.
icon10.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strange that they would put the volume knob on the sub which means you would have to keep it on your desk.

Yeah, I thought that was a weird design choice, too. I also don't think it has a headphone port, which is kind of a bummer. I'm still strongly considering them, though... I mean, they're Swans, and the price is definitely right...

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 91
It seems you and I are the only ones interested in these.
icon10.gif
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on them. I mean the price is right and AudioInsider has a terrific return policy so why not?
tongue.gif
Unfortunately it is coming from across the country so I won't have it till next week. I'll post back my impressions on this thread.

Oct 10, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 91
these speakers look very appealing to me too, but the volume knob on the sub is a little concerning, because its going to be on the floor under my desk. But they are beautiful and the price is fair. I'm just waiting for an update on the sound quality.

Oct 10, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 91
Well I went ahead and ordered them, so now the race is on to see who gets them first!
biggrin.gif
The shipping quote said 2-5 days, so hopefully I'll have them by early next week. Of course I will post my impressions as well once I receive them.

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #12 of 91
I dont need them but I'm still interested in what you guys think, hopefully they sound great so we can recommend them to people who ask what budget pc speakers to get.

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #13 of 91
Hey, umcloud-

Let me know if and when you get a shipping notice. My order has been in "processing" status since I ordered on Tuesday. I ordered about 3:30 in the morning so they've had all day Tuesday and all day Wednesday. It better go out today or I'm going to give them a call. Hopefully it has already shipped and they are just not very good in updating online order info.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #14 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these speakers look very appealing to me too, but the volume knob on the sub is a little concerning, because its going to be on the floor under my desk. But they are beautiful and the price is fair. I'm just waiting for an update on the sound quality.

Luckily I have a spot for the sub on my desk but it really is odd for them to put it there. I also wouldn't want to put the sub on the floor since - at least going by the pics - there is no protective grill.

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #15 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, umcloud-

Let me know if and when you get a shipping notice. My order has been in "processing" status since I ordered on Tuesday. I ordered about 3:30 in the morning so they've had all day Tuesday and all day Wednesday. It better go out today or I'm going to give them a call. Hopefully it has already shipped and they are just not very good in updating online order info.
evil_smiley.gif

My order also just says "processing", but I suspect they're just slow on updating the order status. But it still might be worth giving them a call tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back