NEW Brainwavz R1 - Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones!!!
Oct 10, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #32 of 80
Quote:
okay that price makes no sense, can that be right?

it makes sense. other cheap dual dynamic drivers like the Radius DDM knockoffs are priced somewhere along that line. heck, I bought my Able planet SI500 for 29$ with shipping included :) it sounds amazing for its price and the build is actually pretty good so yeah - there's nothing unbelievable :)

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #34 of 80
purchased.. along with a e17..cause i dno..  i think this is becoming an addiction..
im a bit worried now that its been said they sound like m2's they dont have very good reviews

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #36 of 80
I seriously can't see why people are worried about the R1? You get a $30 iem with dual dynamic drivers - it's not like you're paying 300 bucks. Raz won't sell a bad iem and he clearly stated it's an entry level iem, so it's obvious you shouldn't expect too much from it. Brainwavz headphones usually provide sq above their asking price, so the R1 should be a good buy for people who don't have a lot of money, need a decent backup iem or are just curious (let's face it, this is head-fi - we don't really need so many headphones but the curiosity and the addiction are strong factors). I for one find the R1 pretty interesting - it's dual dynamics, looks shiny and it's cheap.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #38 of 80
Prices can be deceptive nowadays. With so many companies flooding the earphone market, many are giving considerable bang for the buck. I wouldn't be worried too much about it. Look, if you don't take into consideration the shipping, I bought the JVC FXD80 for about $80 USD. To my ears it blows away or is on par with many IEMs I purchased for between $200 and $300. I currently listen to more than I listen to my beloved ASG-1.2 and GR07 (my custom and W4 are the only two that get more listening time, and that's barely). I'm not expecting fireworks, but I''m not expecting a disappointing sound either. Then again, the M4 is okay but is not "wowing" me.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #39 of 80
I liked the shape of it (from the photographs) and there's a microphone that works with android phones apparently, so I bought that mic'd version earlier today. When I get it I'll burn it in for a week before I give it a listen. It's less than $40 so it should pass through customs completely fine (I'm in the uk)

@razzer001:
What can you say about the soundstage of this IEM? How does this compare to the other IEM's that you guys sell??
I just want this to be comfortable with a decent soundstage, good detailing and a non-metallic/tinny/offensive upper frequency range

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #40 of 80
Quote:
I seriously can't see why people are worried about the R1? You get a $30 iem with dual dynamic drivers - it's not like you're paying 300 bucks. Raz won't sell a bad iem and he clearly stated it's an entry level iem, so it's obvious you shouldn't expect too much from it. Brainwavz headphones usually provide sq above their asking price, so the R1 should be a good buy for people who don't have a lot of money, need a decent backup iem or are just curious (let's face it, this is head-fi - we don't really need so many headphones but the curiosity and the addiction are strong factors). I for one find the R1 pretty interesting - it's dual dynamics, looks shiny and it's cheap.

Where's the LIKE button?

So agree!

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #41 of 80
Quote:
I liked the shape of it (from the photographs) and there's a microphone that works with android phones apparently, so I bought that mic'd version earlier today. When I get it I'll burn it in for a week before I give it a listen. It's less than $40 so it should pass through customs completely fine (I'm in the uk)

Well, it won't come marked as $40 - stuff from mp4nation comes marked as gift with $25 dollar price no matter what the actual price is, so I've never had issues with customs.
Quote:

Where's the LIKE button?

So agree!

LOL! There is a small thumbs up sign at the lower right part of comments. I haven't actually seen anyone ever use it.

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #42 of 80
These look pretty interesting... eagerly awaiting for the first reviews, specially on how they compare to other budget IEMs with mic (more specifically the soundmagic E10s).. Let us know when you receive them :)

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #43 of 80
Quote:
Well, it won't come marked as $40 - stuff from mp4nation comes marked as gift with $25 dollar price no matter what the actual price is, so I've never had issues with customs.
LOL! There is a small thumbs up sign at the lower right part of comments. I haven't actually seen anyone ever use it.

My Brainwavz M5's shipped by Fedex from mp4nation were marked as a sample and having a $20 value. Like you I've never had a problem with customs for items shipped from mp4nation yet. Hope it continues that way. :)

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #44 of 80
Dusty tips
smily_headphones1.gif
Nice looking earphones tho

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #45 of 80
Well, I'm no pro, but I am a bit of a Brainwavz veteran. I just posted my initial review of the R1's on mp4nation.net. I will repost it here in another post, they deserve their own thread :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back