New BLOX earbuds "coming soon"
Sep 22, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #91 of 153
I haven't heard the M2C's sorry, I don't want to pay $45 for them.

E888 has the widest sound I've heard from an earbud, and good bass with the foams on, but I prefer them without the foams. Unfortunately they cost around $90, and you have to order them from Japan.

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #92 of 153

I got mine from accesoryjack, but they're out. They are available here, though.. Sony MDR-E888LP
http://www.allpmp.com/goods.php?id=333

Good to hear that somebody else also listen without foams, and yes, E888 sounds good without foam. 

Quote:
I haven't heard the M2C's sorry, I don't want to pay $45 for them.

E888 has the widest sound I've heard from an earbud, and good bass with the foams on, but I prefer them without the foams. Unfortunately they cost around $90, and you have to order them from Japan.

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #94 of 153
Might be. There are fake E888's out there. There's a picture on head-fi. The one I gor from accessoryjack look like the real one. It sounds too god to be fake anyway :)

Just did a fast a/b with my E888 and M2C (E888 with foam with holes, M2C with covering foams). I seem to prefer the M2C. Using my integrated amp. 

Sep 29, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #101 of 153

Quote:
Hmmmm. Bass quantity/impact is definietly much less in the M2C than the PK1 in my ears. And maybe you're right, I got a busted M2C. Another theory would be different fit? Every ear is different. 

The PK1 is the best fitting earplug I've had - the M2C feels too big. How is it with you swbf2cheater ,is it the opposite with you? That could explain the (abnorm) difference of perception..

Anybody else - how does the M2C fit you - compared to other buds?

I am selling my Pk1's that I bought about a month ago because I can't get them to fit right. I have never had luck with earbuds, I guess my ears just aren't shaped for them.

Sep 29, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #102 of 153
^ I had similar problems with my Pk1.  Despite them being pretty small they fit into my ear nicely, but did not stay in place or hang the way they should.  Very lose and just kept falling out of my ear and such.  The M2C is a hefty % bigger but not as titanic as the MX980, which did not even fit into my ears ( totally opposite of the Pk1 experience I had but with the same results, just kept popping out due to it being so large ) 

The M2C is a good fit for my ear, a little larger than I would like but stays in my ears through workouts and movement during the day, never had to shift them back into place or had any fit issues.  

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #105 of 153
M2C Vs PK2

After 1 week of daily usage of the M2C-+ and switching back to the PK2s, my first impressions are leaning in favor to the PK2s.

Now to be fair Woo from Blox said that it will take about 100hrs of burn time to start open up, I estimate that I only have about 50hrs burn time in with the M2Cs compared to 300+hrs with my PK2s.    DAC - Cowon J3.   For music 90% of the time it's either FLAC or 320kbps.  As for music it's everything from Armin ( ASOT) to classical, 80s-90s etc, rock, ambient...

I am no expert reviewer but this is just my first impressions. I will add more over time, or if there is interest.  

Highs              M2C
Mids                PK2
Lows               PK2/M2C
Base               PK2   
[size=smaller][size=larger]Detail             [/size][/size]M2C
[size=smaller][size=larger]Soundstage[/size][/size]   M2C
Loudness       PK2 
Comfort         PK2    fits in my ear, where as the M2C does not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back