New BLOX earbuds "coming soon"
Sep 21, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #76 of 153
the M2C is not a $30 earbud, its a $150 earbud being sold for $30

as i said, its an improved version of the much more expensive Tm5...which was more expensive than the pk1

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #80 of 153
The bass amount will dramatically decrease after 300 hours, converted to depth. So far they sound almost exactly like re0 I had, forward mids, extended highs, small but impactful bass, the resolution is a step below re252 though

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #83 of 153

*blush* - Finally found some pads (didn't come with the M2C I got). It made more impact on the bass than any other bud I've had - maybe because their fit for me) so less optimal. So, case solved - the bass is ok, but still less impact than PK1.

Quote:
Is there a consensus that the M2C has more bass than the PK1? - In that case mine seems to be unique...

Quote:
maybe my M2C is unique? :p

Sep 22, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #84 of 153
That's disappointing.  I got rid of my PK1's for 2 reasons.  Too hard to drive and lack of bass impact. 
frown.gif

Quote:

the bass is ok, but still less impact than PK1.
 ​

Sep 22, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #85 of 153
Unamped out of an iPod M2C has MORE bass than Pk1....... if you have pads on, that is....

If you had lacking bass from you pk1, then you didn't amp them properly. 

Pk1 has high impedance (150ohm) - the ipod has low output impedance and is a bad match. I guess most portable gear has low output impedance. M2C has low output impedance. 

My comments on comparing the M2C and the PK1 has been when PK1 is properly amped. I'm not a portable expert, so if you're only into portables listen more to others than to me. My portable gear is an iPod  :)

Quote:
That's disappointing.  I got rid of my PK1's for 2 reasons.  Too hard to drive and lack of bass impact. 
frown.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #86 of 153
*reads that ardilla listened without foams*
*laughs*
Yeah, the seal on those without foams is far too bad. Like no bass. But alas, I always have a couple of spares at home so it never occured to me... hahaha.

And seriously, they are very good. But I wonder about this hour 300 talk, I can hardly believe that. So far, with a bit of bass eq they are really excellent. Like I said, my fave buds so far. *still needs a respectable DAP for them*

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #87 of 153
*blush* But I have to say in my defence that there are buds I have had that sound pretty similar with and without foams....

Anyway - the foams still  doesn't make me prefer the M2C to the PK1. Still might be an issue of fit. If I use my finger to put light pressure at the rear of the buds while they are in my ear, it sounds better, fuller - but it is quite tiring holding your fingers in that way for longer periods...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back