New BLOX earbuds "coming soon"
Sep 21, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #61 of 153
nonsense about the pk1 being superior, sorry I hate to be so forward but thats just crazy talk.  Nobody thinks the Pk1 is superior to the original TM5 and the M2C is just a rebranded recased TM5 with improvements.  Not a chance the pk1 is superior in any area...

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #62 of 153

Wow, strong opinions here, I might have to get one
smile.gif

p.s. I'm currently trying out DUNU's earbud..............

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #65 of 153
Whoa whoa! Don't hate me just because of my stunning good looks. <3

I am not sure if Dunu wants me to make my thoughts public, if they say its okay it will make its way into my earbud thread

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #66 of 153
I am enjoying the reviews. 
I had LONG heard about the great bass thump in the PK3 but had never bought them.  I have owned the PK2 for a very long time, had the PK1 but didn't like it so sold them.  I picked up the PK3 last week and am very disappointed with the bass.  Then I saw you rated them a 3.   That's about what I think too. 

I'm excited to take a stab at the M2C.  Still a bit leary of giving cc info to a company that I know so little about.  Also thinking about the Senn 980.  I really want a decent amount of bass in an earbud and it's so hard to do.

Pairing my PK2's with my PHilips gogear with the fullsound does deliver a massive amount of bass though!  But that DAP just isn't as good as my others....

BTW, how much bigger is the 980 than the PK2?  Or the PK1.  I think the PK1 is just a tad smaller than the PK2.  The PK3 is also slightly smaller than the PK2. 

Quote:
Nobody reads my threads, so I won't link my reviews anymore :p

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #69 of 153
WHOA!!!

I'll not comment on your mental state swbf2cheater, but it seems we have different ears (I read your PK1 review http://www.head-fi.org/t/531063/earbud-guide-12-earbuds-compared )

I find the PK1 smooth, detailed, balanced, warm and terribly nice indeed. From the Woo WA2 OTL tube amp, which is what I use. It's not a good choice for an iPod. I have no portable amp. The M2C on the other side lacks the warmth and bass (tubes, SS or ipod alike). Even for an ibud I find it to have little bass (I'm no bass-head BTW). In My Opinion, that is. Others might find it totally different - which is totally fine by me.

WHOA!!!!

Quote:
nonsense about the pk1 being superior, sorry I hate to be so forward but thats just crazy talk.  Nobody thinks the Pk1 is superior to the original TM5 and the M2C is just a rebranded recased TM5 with improvements.  Not a chance the pk1 is superior in any area...

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #70 of 153
The reality though is they will probably never use a US distributor.  They never did for the TM5 and that's what made me never get them.  I just wasn't confident buying from them.  =(

Quote:
I'm willing to wait until a US distributor gets a hold on some of the M2Cs and resells them for like $35-$40.  I don't trust them chinese companies
devil_face.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #71 of 153

Quote:
WHOA!!!

I'll not comment on your mental state swbf2cheater, but it seems we have different ears (I read your PK1 review http://www.head-fi.org/t/531063/earbud-guide-12-earbuds-compared )

I find the PK1 smooth, detailed, balanced, warm and terribly nice indeed. From the Woo WA2 OTL tube amp, which is what I use. It's not a good choice for an iPod. I have no portable amp. The M2C on the other side lacks the warmth and bass (tubes, SS or ipod alike). Even for an ibud I find it to have little bass (I'm no bass-head BTW). In My Opinion, that is. Others might find it totally different - which is totally fine by me.

WHOA!!!!

Quote:

You had a busted M2C then, because the blox has more bass than my Pk1 and is on par with the MX880.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #72 of 153
Hmmmm. Bass quantity/impact is definietly much less in the M2C than the PK1 in my ears. And maybe you're right, I got a busted M2C. Another theory would be different fit? Every ear is different. 

The PK1 is the best fitting earplug I've had - the M2C feels too big. How is it with you swbf2cheater ,is it the opposite with you? That could explain the (abnorm) difference of perception..

Anybody else - how does the M2C fit you - compared to other buds?

Quote:

You had a busted M2C then, because the blox has more bass than my Pk1 and is on par with the MX880.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #73 of 153
definitely too big on my ears and you are right, fit will change the overall sound a little but still should offer similar sound presentations to everyone regardless of what your ears are like

The Blox definitely has a better low end, I feel bad and am really stunned by that comment that the pk1 had better bass, I hope your blox wasnt damaged :[  nothing worse than a defect but i feel strongly enough to say the blox without question has more quality and quantity than the pk1, second only to the mx880 and about on par with the sunrise charm

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #74 of 153
M2C is a little bigger then the pk2, it more or less fits in the ear but any bigger it would be in the MX980 category of just too big. 

And also comparing a $30 earbud to a $160 earbud is silly ... although with the MC2 because of the price point and what you get in return will give any of them a run for there money ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back