New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Jul 28, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #1,891 of 1,956
Jul 29, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #1,892 of 1,956
Can we use APO EQuazizer with Peace addon too for those EQ settings?

-edit-
Yep, it seems. It's just the parametres are different to the different settings. Will give them a try.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #1,893 of 1,956
Can we use APO EQuazizer with Peace addon too for those EQ settings?

-edit-
Yep, it seems. It's just the parametres are different to the different settings. Will give them a try.
I have not located any. EQ settings for the T5p Gen 2 for the Harman target curve yet. If you manage to do so please let me know! The EQ settings I've found so far are the T5p Gen 1 and Gen 3.

Jul 29, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #1,894 of 1,956
I have not located any. EQ settings for the T5p Gen 2 for the Harman target curve yet. If you manage to do so please let me know! The EQ settings I've found so far are the T5p Gen 1 and Gen 3.
This is the only site I've found recommending EQ settings for the gen 2 version https://www.headphones.com/communit...d-news/beyerdynamic-t5p-2nd-generation-review Scroll down to the bottom of the review for some suggested settings. They're not based on measurements but serve as a starting point.

I'm surprised there are no EQ suggestions on AutoEQ given how many headphones are included.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #1,895 of 1,956
I'm considering a T5p v2, anyone know if the cups are the same size as the T1.1 or T1.2? I see that the pads on the T5p 2nd gen might be smaller, but curious if the actual cups are smaller too...

Dec 20, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #1,896 of 1,956
I'm considering a T5p v2, anyone know if the cups are the same size as the T1.1 or T1.2? I see that the pads on the T5p 2nd gen might be smaller, but curious if the actual cups are smaller too...
Yes, they do. The pads will work just fine.

Jan 12, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #1,898 of 1,956
Anyone know where I can get a 3M standard headphone cable (not balanced) for the T5P Mk.2 phones, preferably with the screw lock 3.5mm long shank plugs at the headphone ends. I have just looked on the Thomann and Beyerdynamic websites and both of their 3m cables for the T5P-2 phones are listed as sold out. Polar Audio are going to have a try to see if they are intending to restock. Otherwise I suppose it is back to Custom Cans to get them to make a cable.

Jan 12, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #1,899 of 1,956
Cups and pads are the same size, but the pad material (on the inside) of the T5p pad is quite firm. As a result it presses against the bottom of my earlobe (through the outer layer). I never had this issue with T1 pads due to the difference in material.

My solution was to use the Dekoni Leather pads. They had plenty of space. The tuning does change slightly of course, but I preferred it. With either pad they're a superb closed back.

Jan 12, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #1,900 of 1,956
Anyone know where I can get a 3M standard headphone cable (not balanced) for the T5P Mk.2 phones, preferably with the screw lock 3.5mm long shank plugs at the headphone ends. I have just looked on the Thomann and Beyerdynamic websites and both of their 3m cables for the T5P-2 phones are listed as sold out. Polar Audio are going to have a try to see if they are intending to restock. Otherwise I suppose it is back to Custom Cans to get them to make a cable.
You can look for the cables for T1.3 and T5.3 because they are basically the same. The T1 usually have the 3M cables.
https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/catalog/product/view/id/4681/

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #1,901 of 1,956
You can look for the cables for T1.3 and T5.3 because they are basically the same. The T1 usually have the 3M cables.
https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/catalog/product/view/id/4681/
Buying from Europe is now a nightmare in the UK, due to the total stupidity of Brexit. I am still waiting for a VAT/import duty refund from HMRC of over £300 from last May for returned faulty goods. If Beyer have these cables, I will buy it via Polar Audio who are local to me in the UK, are the official importer to the UK and will have the correct EORI licence.

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #1,902 of 1,956
Buying from Europe is now a nightmare in the UK, due to the total stupidity of Brexit. I am still waiting for a VAT/import duty refund from HMRC of over £300 from last May for returned faulty goods. If Beyer have these cables, I will buy it via Polar Audio who are local to me in the UK, are the official importer to the UK and will have the correct EORI licence.
Yeah, tell me about it. Last week I had to order an item from eBay UK and damn, not fun. It will my last purchase ever from there. It takes a hefty % for the VAT/import duties indeed.

The T1 cables will just work fine. I even use T5p.2 cable with my Amiron Home.

Jan 30, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #1,903 of 1,956
Will the new ZMF pads work on the second gen model? If so, I’m wondering which one will be the better replacement for the original pads. Solid or perforated?

Feb 11, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #1,904 of 1,956
I have a pair Dekoni's Elite Sheepskin, fenestrated Sheepskins and Choice Suede pads, thought I'd share my thoughts with the T5P Gen 2s.

The sheepskins turn the bass quantity to 11 and makes them really muddy. I wouldn't recommend unless you're travelling and need the extra grunt or love overkill amounts of bass. They're very comfy despite being a relatively stiff pad, and are much better at isolating sound than the stock pad. I use these when travelling to and from work, they work well enough for that, although they do add some size to the T5P.

The fenestrated Sheepskins really don't work with the T5p Gen 2s at all. Avoid them. Bass and lower mids are just entirely lost through all the holes in the pads. I thought I accidently set a dodgy EQ at first, it was that lackluster. All that's left is treble on top of treble.

The suedes are a fantastic match to my ears. The overall sound is noticibly more spacious than the stock pads. Micro detail is somewhat improved too to my ears. The sound signature is fairly close to the stock pads. I say fairly, as my only gripe with these is there is a very slight elevation in the mids to high notes. Just at the frequency range of female vocals. Not off putting, but notciable. They do leak alot of sound, best not to use them out and about.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #1,905 of 1,956
I have a pair Dekoni's Elite Sheepskin, fenestrated Sheepskins and Choice Suede pads, thought I'd share my thoughts with the T5P Gen 2s.

The sheepskins turn the bass quantity to 11 and makes them really muddy. I wouldn't recommend unless you're travelling and need the extra grunt or love overkill amounts of bass. They're very comfy despite being a relatively stiff pad, and are much better at isolating sound than the stock pad. I use these when travelling to and from work, they work well enough for that, although they do add some size to the T5P.

The fenestrated Sheepskins really don't work with the T5p Gen 2s at all. Avoid them. Bass and lower mids are just entirely lost through all the holes in the pads. I thought I accidently set a dodgy EQ at first, it was that lackluster. All that's left is treble on top of treble.

The suedes are a fantastic match to my ears. The overall sound is noticibly more spacious than the stock pads. Micro detail is somewhat improved too to my ears. The sound signature is fairly close to the stock pads. I say fairly, as my only gripe with these is there is a very slight elevation in the mids to high notes. Just at the frequency range of female vocals. Not off putting, but notciable. They do leak alot of sound, best not to use them out and about.
Do the suedes have an affect on sound leakage?

Agree with your thoughts on sheepskin. Went back to stock after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back