New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
May 28, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #1,216 of 1,956
But them being portable is just a bonus. They are exactly the same size as T1. I‘d for example never ever use them in public and use Momentum Wireless for that purpose.

T5p.2 and fatiguing? Maybe, but I can‘t see why, they sound pretty relaxed. They could have a bit less bass for my taste, but they are almost veiled compared to bright headphones like K550 or CD3000. To my ears, even a HD600 can be sometimes more fatiguing, T5p.2 sound really smooth with some recordings in direct comparison...

May 28, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #1,217 of 1,956
The T1 pads are not meant for close back headphones, they have lots of holes on the undersides. The DT1770 pads have no holes on the undersides (same as the T5p stock pads)
T5P pads have holes...

edt5plb-907063.jpg

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #1,218 of 1,956
I took a gamble and ordered the Beyerdynamic Impacto Universal DAC/Amp for my T5P.2

https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/4345/s/impacto-test/

Amazon had it for £230 so I thought it was worth a try - I have to say I'm really impressed with it! Does anybody else have one? What are your thoughts?
Hi Keith
I'm really curious about your experience with the Impacto, especially because you've got more portable dac/amps and there's not a lot of info about it.
Could you try to describe how the Impacto differs from other portable solutions?
And what about listening straight from a phone or laptop?
Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #1,221 of 1,956
I totally agree on the amplification thingie. I'm so thankful I had previously bought the 2,5mm balanced cable to use with my Sony MDR-Z7 on the FiiO X7ii with the AM3A module.
If not I would probably had believed that T5p.2 don't scale, and would had been so and so impressed with the sound driven by my iPhone 6s.
But the do, OMG they scale quite a lot and absolutely love the balanced jack on the AM3A, even though everything about the specs tell us that they are really easy to drive.

Hey springbay, can you please elaborate on the sound differences between balanced out and single ended?
I've recently bought a Fiio Q5 with the AM3A Amp module. It's supposed to sound quite similiar to Fiio X7 MkII according to a few reviews, so I should be getting similar results when going balanced.
I'm really curious about the sound difference, as I think that balanced out sounds better on my AK8TIE Mk2 which I currently use the most (I dig the warmer, fatigue free signature).

In addition, which Z7 balanced cable did you buy?

Aug 3, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #1,223 of 1,956
I will just mention that I heard them second them at a Local Meet & we all were surprised T5p v2 synergy with Fiip Alpen v1 when compared to Mojo. It was so lively ,3D sounding & better in almost all aspects w.r.t to played with Mojo.

I think its all about the synergy !!!

Aug 3, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #1,224 of 1,956
I will just mention that I heard them second them at a Local Meet & we all were surprised T5p v2 synergy with Fiip Alpen v1 when compared to Mojo. It was so lively ,3D sounding & better in almost all aspects w.r.t to played with Mojo.

I think its all about the synergy !!!

Hi do you mean the Fiio Alpen E17? I may have to look around for one of those.

Aug 13, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #1,227 of 1,956
Today I received the dekoni hybrid pads for beyerdynamic DT770/880/990 and tried it on my T5p which normally have the sheepskin dekoni pads.
The hybrid pads take away quite a bit of the isolation, bass and directness of the T5p with the stock pads / sheepskin pads.
It makes the T5p a bit more distant as well, at first I actually liked the sound signature but it changed drastic when I tried it with some tracks which I know have a strong bass.
Swapped between the hybrid and sheepskin pads a few times and came to the conclusion as written above: quite a bit less isolation, less bass and less highs making the sound signature more distant and mellow.

Maybe I can use the hybrids on the DT880 or some other headphones I have if they fit.

Aug 17, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,228 of 1,956
Anyone here have experience with the Dekoni pads that fit these? I find the stock pads to be difficult to get a seal with and I'm wondering if those will make it easier

Aug 17, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,229 of 1,956
Anyone here have experience with the Dekoni pads that fit these? I find the stock pads to be difficult to get a seal with and I'm wondering if those will make it easier
- pleather pads: fit OK, comfort is OK but they are hot
- leather pads: fit OK, comfort is above OK, sweat is an issue, seal is better than stock
- hybrid pads: comfort is great but leak, they mellow down both the low and highs, making the T5p lose their magic imo
Tonight I am testing a pair of velour DT1770 pads and first impression is that they are quite nice! I need more time to pad-roll though

Aug 29, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #1,230 of 1,956

Users who are viewing this thread

Back