New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Jun 16, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #616 of 1,956
  Does anybody know what the delay is with these, specifically Amazon UK that has had no stock and no delivery date for at least 2 weeks?

Probably their pricing system messed up. Was on sale <500 GBP some time ago, ordered then and waiting for my pair. They may have gotten too many orders in and their stock simply is not big enough. You can also get the AK T5P from amazon UK for 600GBP - Still not a bad deal given their initial price.

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #617 of 1,956

Probably their pricing system messed up. Was on sale <500 GBP some time ago, ordered then and waiting for my pair. They may have gotten too many orders in and their stock simply is not big enough. You can also get the AK T5P from amazon UK for 600GBP - Still not a bad deal given their initial price.

Thanks for the reply Miyazakiman. I did notice Amazon were selling them really cheap, but I missed out on that deal.

I wonder how much of a backlog there is. I did look at the AKT5P, but I do prefer the angled plug on the T5P, I always seem to suffer with the straight connectors hitting my shoulders when I move.

So our wait continues, let me know when you get yours, that may give a bit of an update regarding the clearing of the order backlog.

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #618 of 1,956
They've been in pretty short supply since launch. It looks like Beyer is not allocating significant production capacity to this model.

It took a very long time for them to first come into stock at Amazon and they've been out of stock a few times since.

Even thomann.de who have been the most reliable source of supply since launch are reporting out of stock until near the end of July.

They're worth waiting for however 
L3000.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #619 of 1,956
Anyone using a third-party case for the T5p?

I'm looking for something a bit more backpack friendly than the monster they're supplied with.

I'd be grateful for recommendations of anything that can accommodate the headphones with cable attached. 

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #620 of 1,956
  Thanks for the reply Miyazakiman. I did notice Amazon were selling them really cheap, but I missed out on that deal.

I wonder how much of a backlog there is.

Beyer is very strict about pricing on the T5p gen2 and T1 gen2 with us dealers here in the USA (i.e. NO DISCOUNTING!).  So be careful with those discounts on Amazon UK that you are getting the generation you are hoping for.

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #621 of 1,956

I'm looking for something a bit more backpack friendly than the monster they're supplied with.

I'd be grateful for recommendations of anything that can accommodate the headphones with cable attached. 

Me too. I'm disconnecting the cable and just placing the phones in my messenger bag "naked " hoping they won't be damaged. Using them with the Mojo and iPhone 6 and iPad for movies with great enjoyment.

Jun 17, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #622 of 1,956
  Beyer is very strict about pricing on the T5p gen2 and T1 gen2 with us dealers here in the USA (i.e. NO DISCOUNTING!).  So be careful with those discounts on Amazon UK that you are getting the generation you are hoping for.

Thanks for that. The RRP laws in the UK/EU are different to the US I believe, Beyer could not enforce a fixed price here. Its a policy designed to give the consumer the best possible price but it doesn't always work the way intended.

Jun 17, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #623 of 1,956

I just use the bag that came with my B&O H6. Usually I use H6 on the train and T5p in the office.

Jun 17, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #624 of 1,956

I recently purchased this one from amazon.de:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00DTMD4JA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the T5p fits in albeit not with the cable attached. But its compact and cheap, so worth a look I think.

Jun 17, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #625 of 1,956
I recently purchased this one from amazon.de:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00DTMD4JA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the T5p fits in albeit not with the cable attached. But its compact and cheap, so worth a look I think.

Looks good and certainly a cheap price compared to others I've seen.

I was trying to avoid removing the cables but I suppose it's not that important compared with getting the most compact solution.

I'll give it a go 
smile.gif

Jun 17, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #626 of 1,956

Thanks for that. The RRP laws in the UK/EU are different to the US I believe, Beyer could not enforce a fixed price here. Its a policy designed to give the consumer the best possible price but it doesn't always work the way intended.

Well technically, I do have the "right" to sell at whatever price I choose - But at the same time Beyerdynamic has the right to terminate my Authorized Dealer status and stop letting me purchase merchandise from them.

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #628 of 1,956

I wonder how much of a backlog there is. I did look at the AKT5P, but I do prefer the angled plug on the T5P, I always seem to suffer with the straight connectors hitting my shoulders when I move.

So our wait continues, let me know when you get yours, that may give a bit of an update regarding the clearing of the order backlog.

Good news, just got a notification that mine shipped out today. Order was placed on May 16th, so more than a month delay. Looking forward to comparing it to the T1 gen 2.

As for pricing, Amazon is an official distributor from BD, so should be the right item. One thing the EU got right are consumer rights and that its not allowed to force a certain price.

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #629 of 1,956

Good news, just got a notification that mine shipped out today. Order was placed on May 16th, so more than a month delay. Looking forward to comparing it to the T1 gen 2.

As for pricing, Amazon is an official distributor from BD, so should be the right item. One thing the EU got right are consumer rights and that its not allowed to force a certain price.

Thanks for the update, enjoy them, please post your impressions of them vs the T1.2.

I will wait on placing the order with Amazon until they are showing stock, hopefully the price doesn't go up in the meantime, who knows they might even reduce them again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back