New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Jun 18, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #631 of 1,965

Good news, just got a notification that mine shipped out today. Order was placed on May 16th, so more than a month delay. Looking forward to comparing it to the T1 gen 2.

As for pricing, Amazon is an official distributor from BD, so should be the right item. One thing the EU got right are consumer rights and that its not allowed to force a certain price.

If its from Amazon UK, it is really strange: I re-ordered mine a while ago, it's persistently out of stock...Did you just receive your notification out of the blue, without an update on shipping dates?

Jun 18, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #632 of 1,965
  If its from Amazon UK, it is really strange: I re-ordered mine a while ago, it's persistently out of stock...Did you just receive your notification out of the blue, without an update on shipping dates?

Yes, it just told me that it had shipped out (and could no longer be cancelled). When I checked a couple of days ago, it said something along the lines of: we need a little more time to give you a better estimate of shipping.

@SteveOliver you know that you can ask amazon to pay back the difference if a purchased is offered at a lower price within 1 month of delivery? 

Jun 18, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #633 of 1,965
  Yes, it just told me that it had shipped out (and could no longer be cancelled). When I checked a couple of days ago, it said something along the lines of: we need a little more time to give you a better estimate of shipping.

@SteveOliver you know that you can ask amazon to pay back the difference if a purchased is offered at a lower price within 1 month of delivery? 

Thanks for the update. Please let us know whether it's coming from Europe or the UK. Maybe they are shipping them out straight from manufacturer. Either way, just checked my order, and its still lacking a shipping date. Really bizarre handling of stock by Amazon, have never seen it.

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #634 of 1,965

I had a similar experience with mine. I ordered when out of stock ... had no updates for 3-4 weeks, then completely out of the blue got a delivery advice notification.

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #635 of 1,965
That would be illegal in the European Union, and in fact both manufacturer and dealer would be liable if a minimum price were to be agreed.

That is very interesting. In the USA, manufacturers often enforce strict "minimum advertised price" policies for products. This has a greater effect on web sales than in-person (where there is no way to monitor or enforce the policy).

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #636 of 1,965

Yes I was aware of that policy, its quite easy to keep up to date with price fluctuations too with camelcamelcamel too and request a refund if the price drops.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #637 of 1,965
I recently purchased this one from amazon.de:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00DTMD4JA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the T5p fits in albeit not with the cable attached. But its compact and cheap, so worth a look I think.

Case arrived today and it's perfect for my needs. Really compact and lightweight but strong enough to prevent the 'phones getting knocked about in my backpack.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #639 of 1,965
Case arrived today and it's perfect for my needs. Really compact and lightweight but strong enough to prevent the 'phones getting knocked about in my backpack.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Brave -I'd probably never bring a T5P anywhere near the front door of my home lol.  

Well, to be fair, the "p" in T5p is for portable.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #640 of 1,965
  Brave -I'd probably never bring a T5P anywhere near the front door of my home lol.  

I know what you mean, but I take the view that equipment is to be used and enjoyed. My long commute every day is the best opportunity I have to listen to music so I want to have the best kit to enjoy it on.

It does mean accepting a greater risk of loss or damage however.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #641 of 1,965

I know what you mean, but I take the view that equipment is to be used and enjoyed. My long commute every day is the best opportunity I have to listen to music so I want to have the best kit to enjoy it on.

It does mean accepting a greater risk of loss or damage however.

Same for me, Most household contents insurance would cover these from from theft or loss whilst out of the house. I'm not sure how it would affect premiums, though I've never claimed before.

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #643 of 1,965
Just bought this like a month ago. Despite it being a "portable" I most of the time listen to this in my house. But I chose T5p over T1 anyway because:

- I dont want to invest a lot more for  DAC/amp; as to maximize the sound T1 I probably need a desktop DAC/AMP. While T5p I can easily drive it using DAP and which are relatively cheaper.

So, am I made a right decision?

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #644 of 1,965
  Just bought this like a month ago. Despite it being a "portable" I most of the time listen to this in my house. But I chose T5p over T1 anyway because:

- I dont want to invest a lot more for  DAC/amp; as to maximize the sound T1 I probably need a desktop DAC/AMP. While T5p I can easily drive it using DAP and which are relatively cheaper.

So, am I made a right decision?

The right decision is the best one that fits your own needs. 
However, I personally think that the T5P v1 and 2 sound different from a cellphone than they do from a dedicated amp. They sound better with strong volatage more than strong watts.

Jun 22, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #645 of 1,965
  Thanks for the update. Please let us know whether it's coming from Europe or the UK. Maybe they are shipping them out straight from manufacturer. Either way, just checked my order, and its still lacking a shipping date. Really bizarre handling of stock by Amazon, have never seen it.

Received mine in good order, was shipped from Weybridge, Surrey (London). Considering the (even) today much lower price than order sellers, well worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back