New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Jun 29, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #661 of 1,956
Unfortunately they don't have the T5p Gen. 2 let alone the original (at least not anymore), I was told that they weren't loaned out enough to generate much profit. I asked about the Th900 and would have to wait at least 2 weeks for that with a charge of $75 to borrow. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer, it's much appreciated. The search continues....

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #663 of 1,956
  Not too sure about where you could loan them..but definitely do not let the T70/ T90 put you off.  To a certain extent (and to some, an unfair comparison), it would be like disqualifying an HD800 because of the way the HD700 sounded, or vice versa if you really dig the 700's.

The T70/ T90 are definitely acquired tastes.   Coming from the T1 here.

I hear you on the 700's. There was something in the sound that was really off. I'm shocked Sennheiser had the audacity to charge $1000 for them.

I'm just looking for a headphone with ....

- A quality soundstage (Surround sound like with a bit of height and depth, if that makes sense, my 560s favored a more intimate soundstage and I'm looking for something else in that department),
- Precise imagining (may have given the T90s some flac earlier but the imagining on them was actually quite decent).
- Clean well extended bass that's quick and well controlled. (The 560s did all these pretty well, I did feel as though they could have had a bit more impact, Is even deeper bass possible?)
- Great detail retrieval (I favor treble over headphones that are deemed "too polite" so headphones with blanketed highs like Audeze's LCD line wouldn't really do it for me). 
- Mids (I'm unsure here, mids that will allow vocals and the music to shine, loved the airy presentation of my 560s in this department but I'm open to other presentations)

I guess what I'm trying to say is something that's quite musical without losing the detail and quality of a high end. I want something that not only blows me away with its quality but has me feeling like I wasn't crazy spending what I did on them. I do know of the increase in diminishing returns the higher you go and certainly won't be expecting perfection.

I sincerely apologize if I'm sound too demanding here. The 560s are still my favorite pair so far but I still know I haven't reached my "ideal" headphone yet. 

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #664 of 1,956
  I hear you on the 700's. There was something in the sound that was really off. I'm shocked Sennheiser had the audacity to charge $1000 for them.

I'm just looking for a headphone with ....

- A quality soundstage (Surround sound like with a bit of height and depth, if that makes sense, my 560s favored a more intimate soundstage and I'm looking for something else in that department),
- Precise imagining (may have given the T90s some flac earlier but the imagining on them was actually quite decent).
- Clean well extended bass that's quick and well controlled. (The 560s did all these pretty well, I did feel as though they could have had a bit more impact, Is even deeper bass possible?)
- Great detail retrieval (I favor treble over headphones that are deemed "too polite" so headphones with blanketed highs like Audeze's LCD line wouldn't really do it for me). 
- Mids (I'm unsure here, mids that will allow vocals and the music to shine, loved the airy presentation of my 560s in this department but I'm open to other presentations)

I guess what I'm trying to say is something that's quite musical without losing the detail and quality of a high end. I want something that not only blows me away with its quality but has me feeling like I wasn't crazy spending what I did on them. I do know of the increase in diminishing returns the higher you go and certainly won't be expecting perfection.

I sincerely apologize if I'm sound too demanding here. The 560s are still my favorite pair so far but I still know I haven't reached my "ideal" headphone yet. 

Some tough requirements there m8.  Are you looking for something similar your 560s or for something completely different.

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #665 of 1,956

Some tough requirements there m8.  Are you looking for something similar your 560s or for something completely different.

I know and felt like I was asking for a bit too much after writing that. Something similar to the 560s is by no means bad. One of the biggest things to me is getting a headphone that's a has a wide sound stage as opposed to the more intimate sound of the HE-560s.

I do like my 560s but will have to sell them eventually because I have no faith in their longevity;  something you don't really have to question as much with a well established company such as Beyerdynamic.In trying to sum up my "ideal headphone" I created the "impossible", I'm really sorry about that. I just want to make sure my next purchase is something of quality that won't make me regret buying them. 

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #666 of 1,956
  I know and felt like I was asking for a bit too much after writing that. Something similar to the 560s is by no means bad. One of the biggest things to me is getting a headphone that's a has a wide sound stage as opposed to the more intimate sound of the HE-560s.

I do like my 560s but will have to sell them eventually because I have no faith in their longevity;  something you don't really have to question as much with a well established company such as Beyerdynamic.In trying to sum up my "ideal headphone" I created the "impossible", I'm really sorry about that. I just want to make sure my next purchase is something of quality that won't make me regret buying them. 

I see, well I'm going to bring the T1.  I'm sure you've probably already covered this (so do forgive me if I'm repeating something here), but it's rather like the 560.  It seems to hit most of your check marks, especially with the wider sound stage (though I didn't know the 560s sounded intimate at any rate).  The bass isn't visceral or striking, but it is well controlled and extension is pretty good. 

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #667 of 1,956

I see, well I'm going to bring the T1.  I'm sure you've probably already covered this (so do forgive me if I'm repeating something here), but it's rather like the 560.  It seems to hit most of your check marks, especially with the wider sound stage (though I didn't know the 560s sounded intimate at any rate).  The bass isn't visceral or striking, but it is well controlled and extension is pretty good. 

To be honest, the T1 has been on my list for a while sir. Maybe intimate isn't exactly the perfect word the sound stage is sort of rounded and has decent width. It's getting late and I'm feeling like I'm just spouting a bunch of works that don't make sense, haha. Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really do appreciate it sir 

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #668 of 1,956
  To be honest, the T1 has been on my list for a while sir. Maybe intimate isn't exactly the perfect word the sound stage is sort of rounded and has decent width. It's getting late and I'm feeling like I'm just spouting a bunch of works that don't make sense, haha. Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really do appreciate it sir 

Definitely keep the T1 in mind.  It's my pleasure to help (and I'm sure others can jump in too).  Also, I'm no sir haha.  Just another dude.  Cheers!

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #669 of 1,956
A review of the t5p 2.gen . But again,it was in polish,and the google translation was an dissaster as always. :/  But i think the review was positive,or? :p

http://hifiphilosophy.com/recenzje-beyerdynamic-t5p-2-generation/?caly-artykul=1

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #670 of 1,956
This review is defnitely positive but I am not surprised that the translation was a disaster; the review is writen in I would say prety colorful polish. Some important points, according to the reviewer:
1. Very neutral but not boring at all, 
2. Sound way better with good heapdphone amp/dac combination than with low end equipment or directly with phone or music player
3. Great separation and soundstage
4. Moderate price considering quality
5. Require time and patience to appreciate 

I can confirm most of it, particularly the last point, listening to t5p for the first few hours, even days, I thought they were nothing special. I changed my mind completely since then.

Jul 3, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #671 of 1,956
  This review is defnitely positive but I am not surprised that the translation was a disaster; the review is writen in I would say prety colorful polish. Some important points, according to the reviewer:
1. Very neutral but not boring at all, 
2. Sound way better with good heapdphone amp/dac combination than with low end equipment or directly with phone or music player
3. Great separation and soundstage
4. Moderate price considering quality
5. Require time and patience to appreciate 

I can confirm most of it, particularly the last point, listening to t5p for the first few hours, even days, I thought they were nothing special. I changed my mind completely since then.

Sounds like a god summary on the T5p2.
Currently I'm jumping between the Ether C and the T5p2 when using closed fullsize headphones, and as much as I appreciate the airy presentation of the Ether C full of details that don't get thrown in your face, I keep switching back to the T5p again and again, which offers a more lively presentation and a bass that better fits my taste: clear, deep reaching, fast, dynamic not overblown. Yes, it has less smooth treble than the Ether C, but its not harsh. Plus its much easier to drive...

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #675 of 1,956
hi guys 

i wanted to upgrade my headphone and go for better headphone , i currently own a Denon d2000
i mostly listen to pop , trance , hip hop , and rock ( mostly all the genres except classic and jazz )

can anyone say which one is better for me ? i want to use it at home and i have a FiiO E10 Amp/Dac
and COMFORT is really important to me and im not a bass head but i just want them to sound good at every genre including Hip hop 

these are the headphones available where i live :

T5p 2nd gen , HD650 , T1 , T70 , T90 , VB630 , HD700 , audeze EL8(close and open)

what should i do ?
you think T5p 2nd gen is good for the genres i listen to ? and comfortable ?
and i have to say again that comfort is really important for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back