New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Jun 22, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #647 of 1,956

Case arrived today and it's perfect for my needs. Really compact and lightweight but strong enough to prevent the 'phones getting knocked about in my backpack.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Glad you like it. Should be enough protection for normal bags / usage I guess.

Just bought this like a month ago. Despite it being a "portable" I most of the time listen to this in my house. But I chose T5p over T1 anyway because:

- I dont want to invest a lot more for  DAC/amp; as to maximize the sound T1 I probably need a desktop DAC/AMP. While T5p I can easily drive it using DAP and which are relatively cheaper.

So, am I made a right decision?

I do think so, yes. For one I personally like the T5p2 signature more than the T1.2, plus it is easier to drive. And closed, a fact I really appreciate.

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #648 of 1,956
  Just bought this like a month ago. Despite it being a "portable" I most of the time listen to this in my house. But I chose T5p over T1 anyway because:

- I dont want to invest a lot more for  DAC/amp; as to maximize the sound T1 I probably need a desktop DAC/AMP. While T5p I can easily drive it using DAP and which are relatively cheaper.

So, am I made a right decision?

For many, closed-back headphones are a plus even in the home, especially if you don't live alone :wink: or if there is background noise you need to be isolated from.

Jun 26, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #652 of 1,956

I take it you don't like them? Bloody EU!

Too early for me to say.  But not an instant smile on my face.  
redface.gif

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #658 of 1,956
Good afternoon. My name is Zeke and I'm wondering where I could go to have these beauties on loan to compare with my 560s. I'm currently in Mankato Minnesota (1-1:30 hrs south of Minneapolis) and would gladly make payments if necessary. My first experience with a Beyerdynamic (T90) wasn't the most pleasant in terms of price to performance ratio but I'm ready to give the company another shot. Anyways, have a great day everyone!

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #660 of 1,956
  Good afternoon. My name is Zeke and I'm wondering where I could go to have these beauties on loan to compare with my 560s. I'm currently in Mankato Minnesota (1-1:30 hrs south of Minneapolis) and would gladly make payments if necessary. My first experience with a Beyerdynamic (T90) wasn't the most pleasant in terms of price to performance ratio but I'm ready to give the company another shot. Anyways, have a great day everyone!

Not too sure about where you could loan them..but definitely do not let the T70/ T90 put you off.  To a certain extent (and to some, an unfair comparison), it would be like disqualifying an HD800 because of the way the HD700 sounded, or vice versa if you really dig the 700's.

The T70/ T90 are definitely acquired tastes.   Coming from the T1 here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back