New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
May 21, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #586 of 1,965
I am probably the minority but I fine HD800 tuning not to my liking for the same reason I find with T5p now. End up with the HD650 then. When I heard that HD800s, T1 and T5p has "fuller" sound I got all excited once more. Got the T5p cause I don't have a closed-back. Does all reference class full size sound this way, lean and hollow? My experiences with iem is definitely different I must say.

I'm glad I cancelled my order when I did, I dislike lean presentation.

I would say HD650 is also reference class. You could also try Audeze LCD headphones. They sound full and warm.

The HD800 is the epitome of precision and detail, however, its highs can be fatiguing and there is a distinct lack of bass. Agreeing with @obsidyen, the Audeze LCD series sound signature is the antithesis of the HD800. It brings the bass and the warmth that you may be seeking. To my ears, one is not superior to the other; they serve different purposes and therefore I have both.

May 21, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #587 of 1,965

The HD800 is the epitome of precision and detail, however, its highs can be fatiguing and there is a distinct lack of bass. Agreeing with @obsidyen, the Audeze LCD series sound signature is the antithesis of the HD800. It brings the bass and the warmth that you may be seeking. To my ears, one is not superior to the other; they serve different purposes and therefore I have both.

I agree with your philosophy of having multiple phones to serve different purposes.  I have the T1 for detail and sound-stage.  The Audeze LCD2 for the bass and full sound.  The T5P's are right in the middle and sometimes I need a closed phone.  I listen to and enjoy them all.  

I would caution that the 2016 Audeze LCD line isn't as warm as its predecessors.  Someone seeking a warm sound would probably enjoy the pre-fazor series more. 

May 23, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #588 of 1,965
Hey everyone,

I have mine up for sale in the for sale section if anyone is interested. 

Just selling due to combination of needing money and not having as much time to listen.

May 23, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #589 of 1,965
The Senn HD 800 are by far the best out of all my cans; after being really disappointed by the T-5p, I ordered the Senns HD 800. I love them! I have the T-5p sec. and the T-90 and T70p; I like the DT 1350 better than the T-5p. The T-5 is a boring sounding can. I like Beyerdynamics bright sound from the T-90 and T-70; but the t-5 sounds dull. Again, this is my opinion. I have never heard the T-1 first gen. I wonder if they are better than the T-5 second? I understand the T-1 second is just like the T-5 second with a little better soundstage.

May 23, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #590 of 1,965
  The Senn HD 800 are by far the best out of all my cans; after being really disappointed by the T-5p, I ordered the Senns HD 800. I love them! I have the T-5p sec. and the T-90 and T70p; I like the DT 1350 better than the T-5p. The T-5 is a boring sounding can. I like Beyerdynamics bright sound from the T-90 and T-70; but the t-5 sounds dull. Again, this is my opinion. I have never heard the T-1 first gen. I wonder if they are better than the T-5 second? I understand the T-1 second is just like the T-5 second with a little better soundstage.

I think you should sell T5P 2nd gen and get Fostex TH900. It's bright and fun sounding, you'll probably like it.

May 23, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #591 of 1,965

The T1.1 is brighter than the T5P.2 for sure.  Less mid bass, better sound-stage.  I've never heard the T1.2.

May 23, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #592 of 1,965
The T1.1 is brighter than the T5P.2 for sure.  Less mid bass, better sound-stage.  I've never heard the T1.2.
T1 is definitely not as boring as 90% of Flagsips are... Maybe not as capable as some other flagships, but definitely not boring. Unfortunately even Beyer are going to the usual boring side of Dark Audiophile tuning...

May 23, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #593 of 1,965
Th​anks for telling that. I may have to buy the T-1 first now. I do like beyerdynamics! I am just a little disappointed by the t-5p second for lack of brightness; however, many like that. I do not. However, I like listening to Classical and Jazz on them. Again, thank you! I now am looking forward to buying them. My wife thinks I am sick for spending this kind of money on cans. She think 50 bucks is too much.

May 23, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #595 of 1,965
  I will discern that. I will look into them. I was also discerning the T-1 first gens. too. They are brighter so I am told than the t-5's. Thanks for your advice! I appreciate your impute. What do you think about the T-1 first?

T1 1st gen is bright, but it's not as bright as T90. However, it's tuned to be rather neutral like HD800. Fostex TH900, however, is tuned to be V-shaped. So with T1, you'll get a less refined HD800 with more bass. With TH900, you'll get a totally different sound signature. Boosted treble, boosted bass, pushed back mids. It's a totally different and exciting experience. If you didn't have HD800 already, I'd say go and try T1 but I'd try something totally different if I were you. TH900 is a bit too bright for me, I think it will just suit your tastes.

May 23, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #597 of 1,965
  Thanks again. That was a good report that even I  understood. This helps. If I can pick up a T-1/1 for 700 bucks that would be worth it right. Brand new!!

You should be able to ge the T1.1 new for pretty close to that.  You can get them used for $500 or less in the classifieds here.  I'm not sure there is a better buy out there right now than sub $500 T1's.

May 24, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #598 of 1,965
Thanks again. That was a good report that even I  understood. This helps. If I can pick up a T-1/1 for 700 bucks that would be worth it right. Brand new!!
Just buy it already;D. With high quality dac and warm ss or tube amp it is smooth and Crisp at the same time! Smooth till upper mids and from upper mids to highest highs it is energetic.

May 25, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #600 of 1,965
I was listening to my DT1350 last night and I am thinking they sound better than the T-5 seconds. Oh boy! Really.....they sounded more full and with better base and a bit brighter. Nothing like making a 1100 dollar mistake. I still like them, I am trying to keep using them to see if I can like them better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back