New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Apr 1, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #391 of 1,956
The Verge review here is very positive but concludes that the T5p is not suitable for use when travelling due to noise leakage 
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #392 of 1,956
I`ve read on beyerdynamics web page and it said "Thanks to its closed design, the T 5 p reliably prevents unwanted noise from penetrating inwards or escaping outwards. That is a real benefit to the wearer if he or she is listening to music on the sofa while some else is watching television. Likewise, listening to loud music won't disrupt people around you who might want to read a book in peace".

Some reviewers think its bad isolation,and some think its good,just like the opinions in here.

So im looking forward to check this out.If it is a little better then the audio technica ath msr7, i will be happy.BUT soundquality first :D

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #393 of 1,956
  I`ve read on beyerdynamics web page and it said "Thanks to its closed design, the T 5 p reliably prevents unwanted noise from penetrating inwards or escaping outwards. That is a real benefit to the wearer if he or she is listening to music on the sofa while some else is watching television. Likewise, listening to loud music won't disrupt people around you who might want to read a book in peace".

Some reviewers think its bad isolation,and some think its good,just like the opinions in here.

So im looking forward to check this out.If it is a little better then the audio technica ath msr7, i will be happy.BUT soundquality first :D

I've been looking around at potential alternatives to the T5 and it seems that just about every closed back headphone has users who think it offers great isolation/leakage and users who think it offers poor isolation/leakage.

Clearly, there's a wide range of expectation levels with regard to this aspect of performance making it difficult to judge the relative performance of different models.

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #394 of 1,956
I just saw the review of mr speaker ether c ( http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/mr-speakers-ether-c-world-class-sealed-headphone#GbmwCvCkOfUJvZAH.97 ).  But it`s on a whole different price range ( at least here in norway ).It  looks like it have an good isolation.But ill stick with the t5p i ordered.Just dont have the dineros for the ether c :p

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #395 of 1,956
  I just saw the review of mr speaker ether c ( http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/mr-speakers-ether-c-world-class-sealed-headphone#GbmwCvCkOfUJvZAH.97 ).  But it`s on a whole different price range ( at least here in norway ).It  looks like it have an good isolation.But ill stick with the t5p i ordered.Just dont have the dineros for the ether c :p

I know it's considered heresy to say it here but I don't like the Ether Cs. After reading all the hype, I went to a headphone show primarily to hear these 'phones, fully expecting to be so smitten by them that I'd be handing over my credit card. It was very much a 'King's new clothes' moment.

It was at the same show that I heard the revised T5p and found them so much better than the Ether C.

I'm somewhat puzzled by the fact that these headphones, which were supposed to be so near perfection on release, have subsequently had two further 'tuning kits' released to modify their sound signature, with reviewers stating that these offer a "significant improvement".

I'm also a little put-off at the thought of someone designing and voicing a $1500 headphone using a particular cable and then selling it with a cheap cable that degrades its performance, with the 'proper' cable offered as an optional extra.

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #398 of 1,956
I know it's considered heresy to say it here but I don't like the Ether Cs. After reading all the hype, I went to a headphone show primarily to hear these 'phones, fully expecting to be so smitten by them that I'd be handing over my credit card. It was very much a 'King's new clothes' moment.

It was at the same show that I heard the revised T5p and found them so much better than the Ether C.

I'm somewhat puzzled by the fact that these headphones, which were supposed to be so near perfection on release, have subsequently had two further 'tuning kits' released to modify their sound signature, with reviewers stating that these offer a "significant improvement".

I'm also a little put-off at the thought of someone designing and voicing a $1500 headphone using a particular cable and then selling it with a cheap cable that degrades its performance, with the 'proper' cable offered as an optional extra.

I had exactly the same experience with ether c, I auditioned them three times just to be sure I wasnt missing anything but I really dont get whats so good about these cans. They do isolate well though :)

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #399 of 1,956
Opinion could be polarizing since we all hear things differently, but there is also a fact that T5p has a noticeable bass port opening (not your typical IEM pinhole) on each earcup which leaks out the sound and lets some in.  How bad?  Not too terrible, that's why I referred to these in my review as quarter-open cans (less then semi-open).

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #402 of 1,956
I had exactly the same experience with ether c, I auditioned them three times just to be sure I wasnt missing anything but I really dont get whats so good about these cans. They do isolate well though :)

Bear in mind that the Ether C's have had their tuning recently updated, which is supposed to have made a big difference.

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #403 of 1,956
Bear in mind that the Ether C's have had their tuning recently updated, which is supposed to have made a big difference.

Indeed ... and current instruction on the Ether C thread is that they MUST be "burned-in" for at least 200 hours before they can be considered to be performing correctly.

I wonder if there's any correlation with the length of time that buyer's remorse persists 
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #404 of 1,956
Indeed ... and current instruction on the Ether C thread is that they MUST be "burned-in" for at least 200 hours before they can be considered to be performing correctly.

I wonder if there's any correlation with the length of time that buyer's remorse persists :wink:

That's the idea behind burn in, isn't it? Both of us will be burnt alive I think...

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #405 of 1,956
Peridot and h8dk97, I will not be the one throwing the matches to burn you. I'm joining you in the bonfire. Lol
I too had grand hopes for the Ether C, until I properly auditioned them yesterday. What a disappointment. MrSpeakers has regressed in its offerings, IMO. The Alpha Prime is still their flagship as far as I'm concerned.

The T5p, while not isolating as well, is a much better headphone, than the Ether C. The T5p.2 must be even better (I still haven't auditioned them), based on what I've read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back