New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Feb 6, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #62 of 1,956

T5p 2.0 beats nearly every closed-back I own or have used. Only one other hp beats it and it cost nearly double.

New T5p 2.0 is stupid good for only $1099 retail. Great job beyer! Mine has less than 36 hrs. of play time and it's already sounding better with every use. LOVE this hp!!!

I've had mine for 2 days now. They are definetly better than the original, both sonically and design wise. I did think they were a bit too warm when I first heard them, but now they are starting to balance out. I'm switching back and forth between sources Teac HA-501, Beyerdynamic A2, and Oppo HA-2 trying to get usded to them.

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #63 of 1,956
How is isolation/leakage?

The isolation is decent but not as good as the T70 or Custom One Pro. At a moderate volume leakage can still be faintly heard at about  5 feet away. After that I didn't hear anything unless I'm playing something really loud.

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #64 of 1,956

The isolation is decent but not as good as the T70 or Custom One Pro. At a moderate volume leakage can still be faintly heard at about  5 feet away. After that I didn't hear anything unless I'm playing something really loud.

That's a bummer, leakage is a no-go for me. The dt1770s I have do not leak at all - I guess I will keep those instead for use in public.

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #65 of 1,956
That's a bummer, leakage is a no-go for me. The dt1770s I have do not leak at all - I guess I will keep those instead for use in public.

You are one of the few brave people to walk around in public wearing 1100 dollar headphones.

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #68 of 1,956
  Wait, people won't use the T5p in public? Isn't that the whole point of them?

Don't know about walking around with them on, but closed headphones are to be used everywhere to me:) I agree, no matter the price the point of closed is to block out sound and prevent leakage. Open for home, closed for out and about:)

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #72 of 1,956
Isolation is very good actually, especially outside noise is blocked. I don't think there's much difference to the DT1770 with velour pads in that regard.

At the moment I could not name a better fully closed headphone... So I'm very interested to hear which one @HifiGuy528 was speaking about.

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #73 of 1,956
Isolation is very good actually, especially outside noise is blocked. I don't think there's much difference to the DT1770 with velour pads in that regard.

At the moment I could not name a better fully closed headphone... So I'm very interested to hear which one @HifiGuy528 was speaking about.

Could you please comment on the new T5p's qualities vis a vis classical music and acoustic jazz, if you happen to listen to them, compared to T1 or the previous T5p? And how far away are they from the T1 in detail, transparency and other key attributes, after accounting of course for the open vs closed back nature.

Many thanks!

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #74 of 1,956
You are one of the few brave people to walk around in public wearing 1100 dollar headphones.

Put a "b" on it then it would be a concern... 
biggrin.gif

Could you please comment on the new T5p's qualities vis a vis classical music and acoustic jazz, if you happen to listen to them, compared to T1 or the previous T5p? And how far away are they from the T1 in detail, transparency and other key attributes, after accounting of course for the open vs closed back nature.

Many thanks!

both are worth owning and hard to beat. Two different usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back