New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Jan 27, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #32 of 1,956

Hi Plakat! How Cool is that! :)
Do you still have the 1st gen T5p? It would be great to read your comparison between the old and new one.

Unfortunately I've sold the old T5p just a few weeks ago... But I can get the AKT5p to compare I guess.

When are these officially out because I can see no sign of them in the UK :frowning2:

They are just becoming available right now...

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #33 of 1,956
I passed up a good deal on an Astell & Kern AK T5P, knowing these are just arriving. 

My initial impressions with the T5P were very good, just didn't like that they didn't have a removable cable.

Would be interesting to know how all of the (now ) 3 models compare. 

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #34 of 1,956
My initial impressions with the T5P were very good, just didn't like that they didn't have a removable cable.

No removable cable? The description on the site makes it sound like it is removable. Unless I'm reading it wrong. Sorry just want to clarify.
From the site:

DETACHABLE CABLE

The dual-sided connection cable (1.4 m) on the new T 5 p has a pleasant textile coating, and audiophile music fans will love its conductors made of OCC (Ohno continuous casting) 7N copper. This conductor material is known for its outstanding transmission quality and is considered the gold standard in the high-end sector. The cable’s additional electrical shielding reliably suppresses electromagnetic interference. A longer cable is also available if required.
For balanced use, the supplied connection cable can be replaced with an optional connection cable with a similar design but a greater length and a 4-pin XLR connector on the amplifier side.

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #35 of 1,956
No removable cable? The description on the site makes it sound like it is removable. Unless I'm reading it wrong. Sorry just want to clarify.
From the site:

DETACHABLE CABLE

The dual-sided connection cable (1.4 m) on the new T 5 p has a pleasant textile coating, and audiophile music fans will love its conductors made of OCC (Ohno continuous casting) 7N copper. This conductor material is known for its outstanding transmission quality and is considered the gold standard in the high-end sector. The cable’s additional electrical shielding reliably suppresses electromagnetic interference. A longer cable is also available if required.
For balanced use, the supplied connection cable can be replaced with an optional connection cable with a similar design but a greater length and a 4-pin XLR connector on the amplifier side.

I believe he's talking about gen 1. Gen 2 has a detachable cable. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #37 of 1,956
Hi , just receive the T5P 2nd generation , have made a quick comparison with the DT1770 Pro . The T5P overall signature is brighter but not at all peaky , sibilant , the same amount of bass , perhaps a less (i'm not sure) it reech deeper have more details , Mids are more forward , highs reech higher , soundstage is deeper wider , more 3d effect . Test done with FIIO X7 + IBASSO P5 FALCON . In summary for me sound qualty is better in most every aspects , but the 1770 is not so far behind , it's still remain a very good headphone . Welldone BEYERDYNAMIC ! The weaknesses of the old T5P have been solved! , just my 2cents .  Thank you .                PS: Sorry for my English , i'm French
;

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #38 of 1,956
  Hi , just receive the T5P 2nd generation , have made a quick comparison with the DT1770 Pro . The T5P overall signature is brighter but not at all peaky , sibilant , the same amount of bass , perhaps a less (i'm not sure) it reech deeper have more details , Mids are more forward , highs reech higher , soundstage is deeper wider , more 3d effect . Test done with FIIO X7 + IBASSO P5 FALCON . In summary for me sound qualty is better in most every aspects , but the 1770 is not so far behind , it's still remain a very good headphone . Welldone BEYERDYNAMIC ! The weaknesses of the old T5P have been solved! , just my 2cents .  Thank you .                PS: Sorry for my English , i'm French
;

Thanks for this, ph58, good to hear it's sounding better than the old T5P. Could you please comment on the comfort of the new earpads, whether T5P is more comfortable than DT1770 and whether you can compare DT1770 and new T5p over classical music, particularly orchestral?

Many thanks!

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #39 of 1,956
;

YES! Finally someone has it. How is the build quality?

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #40 of 1,956
  Thanks for this, ph58, good to hear it's sounding better than the old T5P. Could you please comment on the comfort of the new earpads, whether T5P is more comfortable than DT1770 and whether you can compare DT1770 and new T5p over classical music, particularly orchestral?

Many thanks!

It is as comfortable as the old one , the clamping is higher , but not as strong as the DT1770 , for me that's perfect because the old one is too loose for me . for classical music (Brahms Hungarian dance n°5 in G Minor conducted by Ivan Ficher - Budapest festival orchestra) for my ears , and from memory (i have not the the old one) it is better , percussions are impressive , cymbals too , i can almost hear each instrument ,in addition with the outstanding soundstage (for a closed one) it is clearly better then the DT1770 . that's just my impreesions , so it must take with a grain of salts . Thanks

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #42 of 1,956
On Thursday i got suddenly my T5p 2.
I hear and have the same experiences like ph58 described. (His description T5p 2 to DT1770 and T5p 2 versus the old one).
I can hear it like the people from Beyer described on their FAQs between the two models.
I always liked the old T5p and went to that direction the member arllt described for intimate and lush sound.
What now really is impressing me is that the stuff in the middle (voice) is even a step more near to me and especially all the things in the panorama of the mix (left/right side pannings, background vocals, adlibs and doublings) are easy to recognize and more intense.
I´m absolutely happy to buy it because my couriostiy was higher than waiting to the High end fair 2016 and the lack of reviews.
Now i think i will sell the DT1770 but just because of the loudness volume (32 versus 250 Ohm).
The old T5p will be my new mobile and the 2nd stays at home for mixing and listening.
My converters were the Mojo and an old orange A1 amp from ebay.(arllt hints)
I´m finished now and happy to find sth to come down after work.
:)

Jan 30, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #45 of 1,956
  On Thursday i got suddenly my T5p 2.
I hear and have the same experiences like ph58 described. (His description T5p 2 to DT1770 and T5p 2 versus the old one).
I can hear it like the people from Beyer described on their FAQs between the two models.
I always liked the old T5p and went to that direction the member arllt described for intimate and lush sound.
What now really is impressing me is that the stuff in the middle (voice) is even a step more near to me and especially all the things in the panorama of the mix (left/right side pannings, background vocals, adlibs and doublings) are easy to recognize and more intense.
I´m absolutely happy to buy it because my couriostiy was higher than waiting to the High end fair 2016 and the lack of reviews.
Now i think i will sell the DT1770 but just because of the loudness volume (32 versus 250 Ohm).
The old T5p will be my new mobile and the 2nd stays at home for mixing and listening.
My converters were the Mojo and an old orange A1 amp from ebay.(arllt hints)
I´m finished now and happy to find sth to come down after work.
:)

I think you might keep the 1770 when it is amp properly it is not so far to the T5P 2nd generation , i'll keep them both ,
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back