New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Feb 7, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #77 of 1,956
At the moment I could not name a better fully closed headphone... So I'm very interested to hear which one @HifiGuy528 was speaking about.

I think I know which one's he's talking about. 
wink.gif

I actually got to listen to Mike's own personal pair at the Schiit Show.  And they are also made by Beyerdynamic!

It's the McIntosh MHP1000!   http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=headphones&ProductId=MHP1000

When I briefly auditioned them on an AK240, they sounded absolutely fantastic, if a little bass-light.  But I must admit, at the time, I didn't have too much experience with Beyerdynamic's 'house sound' (as I do now).  I just remember that the midrange sounded super high-res, borderline electrostatic, and Mike kept saying "They don't sound like a Beyer", to which I couldn't really respond because I didn't really know what a Beyerdynamic headphone normally sounded like.

So if the T5p-2G are close to that good, that means that they must be pretty amazing!

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #79 of 1,956
I heard the mcintosh headphone hooked up to their headphone amp and didn't like them. I didn't give them much time because I knew the second I heard them I didn't like them. Just something about the general presence of sound I didn't like

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #80 of 1,956
I heard the mcintosh headphone hooked up to their headphone and didn't like them. I didn't give them much time because I knew the second I heard them I didn't like them. Just something about the general presence of sound I didn't like

Everybody has their favorite flavors.  And that's what I love about this hobby. 
There's so many unique flavors to choose from.
gs1000.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #81 of 1,956
I know some of you are keeping the dt1770 and t5p 2nd gen. What uses will you use both of them for?

Feb 8, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #83 of 1,956
Hifiguy, better than the th900 of it didn't have a recessed midrange? come on, I'm ordering one or the other from you either way and possibly a wa7

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #87 of 1,956
  No velour?

Edit: On their site they list velour pads, but not leather?

No, no real leather anymore... I've heard there were too many troubles with the leather breaking rather early. A pity as they looked really good. But the pleather is a bit less sticky and nice to wear I have to admit.

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #89 of 1,956
The video above says they switched from lambskin to real leather

Sorry, but Beyer themselves say nothing about real leather (and why would lambskin differ from "real leather" btw.?) on their website. They state "The protein-coated surfaces on the ear cups and headband (...)"

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/mobile-portable/t-5-p-2-gen.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back