New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Nov 5, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #3,676 of 3,924
Beyerdynamic US is selling T1.2 Black Edition refurbs on Amazon for $499. I picked one up and the headphone is flawless, including all original materials and even the little plastic covers for the cable. I had previously owned the A&K T1p and this handily outclasses it. As of now there are 16 left.
Yeah I saw that. Likely all those are people who returned didn't realize it was open back and/or needs an amp. So they're all probably in great condition. I got the silver ones at 600 or so if I remember correctly, new. Endgame dynamic? For me for now it is, at least for at home use. Weird how such classically good headphones get so little attention. I've only loved the Sony Z7 as much - big drivers ftw there.

Nov 5, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #3,677 of 3,924
Agree with you there, I've decided that the tesla driver is just flat-out my favorite. Having owned the Elex, Clear, LCD-X (2021), and Auteur - I just kept coming back to my DT1990s. So I was elated to find the T1.2 on sale for $500 and it is now my new #1, sharing a shelf with my Amiron and DT1990. I'll have to put a pic in here of the whole family together sometime this weekend. I have put Dekoni Velour pads on all three and they just don't do anything wrong to my ears, I could listen to any of them endlessly.

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #3,678 of 3,924
Agree with you there, I've decided that the tesla driver is just flat-out my favorite. Having owned the Elex, Clear, LCD-X (2021), and Auteur - I just kept coming back to my DT1990s. So I was elated to find the T1.2 on sale for $500 and it is now my new #1, sharing a shelf with my Amiron and DT1990. I'll have to put a pic in here of the whole family together sometime this weekend. I have put Dekoni Velour pads on all three and they just don't do anything wrong to my ears, I could listen to any of them endlessly.
We are waiting for your family pic (Beyer family I meant :wink: )

Nov 9, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #3,679 of 3,924

Attachments

• 0E176E4A-406A-4333-AC86-2CA61CF22450.jpeg
    0E176E4A-406A-4333-AC86-2CA61CF22450.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 10, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #3,684 of 3,924
Yeah looks good. Still interested to hear what class A or tube amps people like with these. Amps?
One forum member (@John Buchanan) love the T 1.2 with a Burson Conductor 3X, now he has upgraded to T 1.3 and here he posted his first impressions.

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #3,686 of 3,924
I'm thinking of getting a soloist 3X for my t1.2nd.
I have a Soloist 3XP which I bought for my Audeze LCD-X. They are fairly easy to drive so the 3XP doesn't even break a sweat.

As for the T1.2, I was using my T1.2 with my Arcam rHead amp. That is a Class A amp (like the 3XP) and drives the T1.2 pretty well, given that 600-Ohms is the upper limit for the Arcam rHead. The sound is very refined and mellow, just perfect for bedtime listening.

Trying my T1.2 on the 3XP for the first time today and it's a tremendously good pairing. The 3XP has three gain settings: low, medium and high. I had to set the gain to High for the T1.2. The volume for my test listening is at 20. It is comfortably loud at that level. I could probably get away with medium gain with a small volume level increase quite easily. The T1.2 produces a very tight sound with a tremendous dynamic range. I have heard sounds in songs that I haven't heard before! The 3XP can control the T1.2 so incredibly well.

I'm using Audirvana Studio as the source. I tested with no EQ and the sound is excellent. Applying the Oratory 1990 T1.2 EQ profile to the Voxengo PrimeEQ plugin in Audirvana Studio, and the sound becomes a little more mellow and a tiny bit more distant. I prefer no EQ as it's more engaging.

I'm glad I didn't sell my T1.2. It's a forever headphone for me and an absolute bargain for the audio quality it delivers.

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #3,687 of 3,924
I have a Soloist 3XP which I bought for my Audeze LCD-X. They are fairly easy to drive so the 3XP doesn't even break a sweat.

As for the T1.2, I was using my T1.2 with my Arcam rHead amp. That is a Class A amp (like the 3XP) and drives the T1.2 pretty well, given that 600-Ohms is the upper limit for the Arcam rHead. The sound is very refined and mellow, just perfect for bedtime listening.

Trying my T1.2 on the 3XP for the first time today and it's a tremendously good pairing. The 3XP has three gain settings: low, medium and high. I had to set the gain to High for the T1.2. The volume for my test listening is at 20. It is comfortably loud at that level. I could probably get away with medium gain with a small volume level increase quite easily. The T1.2 produces a very tight sound with a tremendous dynamic range. I have heard sounds in songs that I haven't heard before! The 3XP can control the T1.2 so incredibly well.

I'm using Audirvana Studio as the source. I tested with no EQ and the sound is excellent. Applying the Oratory 1990 T1.2 EQ profile to the Voxengo PrimeEQ plugin in Audirvana Studio, and the sound becomes a little more mellow and a tiny bit more distant. I prefer no EQ as it's more engaging.

I'm glad I didn't sell my T1.2. It's a forever headphone for me and an absolute bargain for the audio quality it delivers.
Thanks! I'm going to wait for BF and see if do the 20% off or something. I'm debating between the soloist 3xp or the v281. It is going to be my SS endgame for my t1.2nd I currently have the g111 and RNHP.

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #3,688 of 3,924
Thanks! I'm going to wait for BF and see if do the 20% off or something. I'm debating between the soloist 3xp or the v281. It is going to be my SS endgame for my t1.2nd I currently have the g111 and RNHP.
What retailer are you watching for the v281?? Also wondering how you feel about the rupert neve amp with the beyers, or in general.

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #3,689 of 3,924
What retailer are you watching for the v281?? Also wondering how you feel about the rupert neve amp with the beyers, or in general.
I'm looking for an used v281 here at the classified.
For the RNHP drives them most of them really well. I dont remember how the dt880 600 or the dt990 600 sounded. But, for the t1.2nd, I feel it needs a little bit more power. It sounds good with depht but lacks some juice.

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #3,690 of 3,924
I'm looking for an used v281 here at the classified.
For the RNHP drives them most of them really well. I dont remember how the dt880 600 or the dt990 600 sounded. But, for the t1.2nd, I feel it needs a little bit more power. It sounds good with depht but lacks some juice.
my DT1770pro sounded very deep off of an e10k i ran literally maxed on high gain constantly. i lost that cavernous feel when i jumped up to an asgard 3. Asgard 3 kills it with the t1.2 though. Doubt my incoming 887 thx amp will best it. that things lost in monoprice forever now btw anybody had 12 day lead on a monoprice send??.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back