New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Nov 11, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #3,691 of 3,924
I have run the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen. 2 off a Fidelice DAC preamp and it is more than adequate to drive it. So is the Burson Conductor Reference 3X.

Nov 12, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #3,693 of 3,924
Just ordered a pair of the ninja black edition today. Can't wait to hear them since I really enjoy the Amiron and DT1990.

Nov 12, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #3,694 of 3,924
Those black ones look even better in-person. Congrats, its probably the most well-rounded headphone I've heard. You're in for a treat even vs those great headphones you mentioned. I personally didn't experience any significant break-in neccesary. What are you powering with?

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #3,695 of 3,924
Thanks! I will be powering them mainly with a Bottlehead Crack. I will also try them on a Schiit Lyr and Valhalla, as well as a vintage Sansui AU-719 integrated.

Regarding your post on the Dekoni pads with the T1 Gen 2. I'm currently running Elite Velours on the DT1990 and also have a set of Elite Hybrids. I plan in trying both on the T1. I've had great results with the velours on the DT1990. The hybrids didn't sound bad either. Wish I could answer your question on the non-perforated sheepskin or leather on the T1s but may be worth trying.

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #3,696 of 3,924
I had choice suede (faux) on my 1770 and would pick the elite velour over those if I didnt like the stock pads or when they wear out at some point. The choice suedes dont breath as well as they appear they might. It'll be nice to hear someones perspective with a lot of tube experience. I'm not there yet. Ordered a THX 887 so the opposite direction you could say. Next might get a class-a.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #3,697 of 3,924
You really owe it to yourself to try a high impedance phone (like your T1s) with an otl tube amp. They are a match made in heaven. A relatively inexpensive and painless way to try an otl tube amp is with one of the Little Dots (MK2 or MK3) or the Schiit Valhalla.

Nov 14, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #3,698 of 3,924
You really owe it to yourself to try a high impedance phone (like your T1s) with an otl tube amp. They are a match made in heaven. A relatively inexpensive and painless way to try an otl tube amp is with one of the Little Dots (MK2 or MK3) or the Schiit Valhalla.
This is what I've been mulling over. Near zero experience with tubes here. Some of the units on Drop are tempting. Edit: i was thinking about the darkvoice amp.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #3,699 of 3,924
This is what I've been mulling over. Near zero experience with tubes here. Some of the units on Drop are tempting. Edit: i was thinking about the darkvoice amp.
I hear great things about the sound of the Darkvoice units but some complaints about transformer hum. Most people seem to be happy with them though. I do personally prefer the sound of the Bottlehead Crack over the Schiit Valhalla for most phones I run with otl tube amps (the exception being the HD6XX) but the difference in sound is not huge and if you prefer a slightly brighter signature you may prefer the Valhalla in most cases. Of course rolling tubes makes a huge difference with both.

The reason I was suggesting the Valhalla for your first otl tube amp is they are relatively inexpensive compared to an assembled Crack. You could assemble the Crack yourself but folks relatively inexperienced with tube amps might not be comfortable with that. The Valhalla is a relatively inexpensive and easier way to get the otl sound.

Another option is trying a tube hybrid amp with the T1. I enjoy the way the Amiron and DT1990 sound with the Schiit Lyr and Little Dot 1+. I'm sure both would sound great with the T1 Gen 2 also (I'll be able to personally verify in about a week). Tube hybrids are a good way to introduce yourself into the tube sound and world of tube rolling without fully committing to an otl tube amp.

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #3,700 of 3,924
I got these in yesterday and have been listening to them quite a bit. I was pretty sure I would hit it off with these since I really enjoy the Amiron and DT1990. Honestly these are exceeding my expectations and I'm really enjoying these. Wow! These are excellent and I can't believe they don't get more hype.

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #3,701 of 3,924
I got these in yesterday and have been listening to them quite a bit. I was pretty sure I would hit it off with these since I really enjoy the Amiron and DT1990. Honestly these are exceeding my expectations and I'm really enjoying these. Wow! These are excellent and I can't believe they don't get more hype.
The T1’s (any generation) are honestly all quite underrated headphones. I’ve really loved the T1 Gen 2 Black edition and the T1 Gen 3 as my overall favorite/most used headphones I ever owned. I’ve also owned the Amiron Home and DT 1990 but the T1’s are all I want really, the two different T1’s I owned are the only headphones to truly satisfy me fully sonically long-term and they only grow on you with time.

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #3,702 of 3,924
I got the black ninja addition as well. I can totally see not wanting to pick up the others after listening to these. They do everything well.

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #3,703 of 3,924
Does anybody know if the Sony WM1A would work with the 600 Ohm of the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2?

I have also the Fiio M15. It can handle 600 Ohm via balanced.

But what about my Sony via Balanced 4.4mm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back