New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Feb 9, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #3,721 of 3,924
Is it possible to bend the headband to increase clamp force if need be on the T1.2? Or would it snap?
I haven't done this on my T1s but did bend the yokes a bit on my Amiron wireless to tighten them up a bit and it worked quite well. Bending the headband is harder as it's springier and harder to reshape.

Feb 10, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #3,722 of 3,924
Is it possible to bend the headband to increase clamp force if need be on the T1.2? Or would it snap?
Bending yokes would help with sealing if someone experience problem with it, not with clamp force. You can try to squeeze headband a bit but metal is soft itself, it will not gain much force. Beyer have two type of headband structure, they look the same, differ in clampforce, i think it would be better just to swap it.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #3,723 of 3,924
Bending yokes would help with sealing if someone experience problem with it, not with clamp force. You can try to squeeze headband a bit but metal is soft itself, it will not gain much force. Beyer have two type of headband structure, they look the same, differ in clampforce, i think it would be better just to swap it.
Do you have a serial # for the headband on the T1.2 that clamps harder?

Feb 10, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #3,724 of 3,924
I did not check if metal bow could be easly slided from the cushion and replaced. I'm considering this or maybe swaping entire headband for T1.3's. Don't take this as easy work or confirmed but if you check service kit no. 916722 it applies for DT1990 and T1.2 so metal bow must fit both headphones with no problem.

917017 Metal bow with lower contact pressure
973361 Metal bow with higher contact pressure

Feb 10, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #3,725 of 3,924
I've been told by Beyerdynamic that the T1.3 headband is incompatible with the Gen 2. What that means to me is unknown as it's just a headband and should be swappable, but I don't have any T1 in hand nor really any headphone repairing experience myself

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #3,726 of 3,924
I've been told by Beyerdynamic that the T1.3 headband is incompatible with the Gen 2. What that means to me is unknown as it's just a headband and should be swappable, but I don't have any T1 in hand nor really any headphone repairing experience myself
Just like the rings from T5/1990 which i installed on my T1.2 - photos here - page earlier.
Check part 935999 T1.3 headband - it is secured by standard Beyer clips which you can find in mentioned service kit no. 916722

Feb 10, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #3,728 of 3,924
So, the T1.3 headband is compatible with the older T1s?
As i mentioned, dont take this for granted but i checked spare parts around main Beyer headphones and I assume that it will fit with no problem. I'm actually consider doing so as i loved T1.3 clamp force. I just don't know if the lenght of material will be right to hide in T1.2s plastic shells on yokes. If someone had both generations and can compare it with some 'eye' measurements it would be perfect :)

Feb 13, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #3,731 of 3,924
Hi folks. I recently got a T1 2nd Gen Black and a Focal Elex. The stock balanced cable for the Elex makes a significant improvement. Can I expect the sane with a balanced cable for the T1? Have a balanced pure silver cable ordered that’ll fit both cans from cosmic cables.

Feb 15, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #3,732 of 3,924
Hi folks. I recently got a T1 2nd Gen Black and a Focal Elex. The stock balanced cable for the Elex makes a significant improvement. Can I expect the sane with a balanced cable for the T1? Have a balanced pure silver cable ordered that’ll fit both cans from cosmic cables.
Depending on the amp, a well made amp can be as good in normal termination as in balanced. Some amps has a better amplification on the balanced side.

Personally the only difference in my amp is volume, and when used in noen balanced I can not turn it over 20% before getting too loud. Unless you equalize a lot and take the gain down, balanced is not needed in most headphones.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #3,733 of 3,924
Well, I did it again, got another T1.2, this time in the ninja black version. I have a strange history with the T1. I have had two T1.1, and two T1.2. I sold my first T1.1 because it was simply TOO bright, and had a channel imbalance. It was a very early serial #. I sold my first T1.2 because it was too mid-recessed for me and I simply never got into it. But not long ago I found a very late serial # T1.1 (23,XXX) and it is perfect for me; apparently the stealth revisions they did over the years were worthy as this is such a lovely can. So, I had the chance the other day to pick up a T1.2 black edition locally. This is my second T1.2. The general ergonomics of the T1 are so nice, great build, perfect clamp, and all-day comfort. This black T1.2, for better or worse, is pretty much in line with my first T1.2. Recessed mids, bass a bit bloomy and loose. But, I'm having fun in the meantime and it does seem more source dependent than some of my other headphones. Anyway, not sure I"ll keep it long term (the T1.1 is with me FOREVER!) but it is interesting how much things changed from gen 1 to gen 2.

xVTcdGP.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #3,735 of 3,924
Some very cool setups with T1.2s in this thread.

I'm looking for a good amp for mine. Are Lehmann Black Cube Linear, Burson Conductor and Woo WA3 all good choices with T1.2s? Anyone here compared any of those and/or have other suggestions that can also be used as a pre?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back