New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Aug 10, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #3,661 of 3,924
Plugged the T1s today and took a long listen. Haven't done this in a long time.

T1 has the most sweet/pretty sounding HF out of all the HPs I own. May not be the most accurate, but easily one of the most pleasing to listen to.

I wish I could dedicate more time listening to all my HPs.

Unfortunately, roughly 50% of my listening time goes to speakers, and about 15% to IEMs. So I'm left with a meager 35% if I'm lucky to listen to HPs. And I have to contend with nearly 25 of them.

I guess the only upside is that all my HPs are practically new and I don't need to ever worry about swapping pads.
You're not joking; you have a lot of HPs...like having a lot of kids...
:thinking:

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #3,662 of 3,924
You're not joking; you have a lot of HPs...like having a lot of kids...
:thinking:

With kids, I've tapped out after two.

With headphones, it's never enough.......

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #3,663 of 3,924
With kids, I've tapped out after two.

With headphones, it's never enough.......
And it’s much easier to put headphones in “time out”…when they don’t sound right (act up)…

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #3,665 of 3,924
I have had the t1.2 for about 4 years because from reading and reviews I new this was the headphone I would like. I went thru a bunch of different amp dac combo's. Some where good but I listen to older rock and love watching music video's which are not the greatest sound quality wise. I had given up on headphones but needed an amp for when I play video games and found a Burson audio Ha160 for under 300 bucks. I have it paired up with an Audio gd dac 19 and I have never heard these headphones sound so good. Very smooth detailed and clean with zero listening fatigue. I can listen to pretty much anything I want and am hearing things in my video games that where not there before. At the price you can find the T1 used they compare really well to headphone even used costing twice as much if not more.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #3,666 of 3,924
Hello guys!

I have a T1G1 serial number 23XXX.

I've been reading that the sound of the T1V1 (high serial number) would be very close to the sound of generation 2.

That's true?

I was thinking about buying the T1V2, but I'm unsure if I'll be getting a phone that looks like the one I already have.

Oct 27, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #3,667 of 3,924
Hello guys!

I have a T1G1 serial number 23XXX.

I've been reading that the sound of the T1V1 (high serial number) would be very close to the sound of generation 2.

That's true?

I was thinking about buying the T1V2, but I'm unsure if I'll be getting a phone that looks like the one I already have.
I suggest you try out the T1.3 instead, it's a step above T1.1 and T1.2 in most aspects. I've had the T1.2 and HD800 and I'd say it's a pleasant mix of the respective strengths of both. The most detailed, natural, immersive sound I've heard for a bargain of a price.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #3,668 of 3,924
Try out the T1.3 instead, it's a step above T1.2 and T1.1 in most things. I've had the T1.2 and HD800 and I'd say it's a pleasant mix of the respective strengths of both. The most detailed, natural, immersive sound I've heard for a bargain of a price.
Yeah, having owned both the T1.2 and the T1.3, while a different sound signature, the actual technical prowess of the T1.3 is honestly a level above the T1.2.

Oct 27, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #3,669 of 3,924
I suggest you try out the T1.3 instead, it's a step above T1.1 and T1.2 in most aspects. I've had the T1.2 and HD800 and I'd say it's a pleasant mix of the respective strengths of both. The most detailed, natural, immersive sound I've heard for a bargain of a price.

I understand.

The problem is that I have a Darkvoice tube amp that matches only high impedance headphones well.

So Darkvoice probably won't pair well with T1.3.

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #3,670 of 3,924
What are some good aftermarket earpads for the t1 2nd gen. Would the dekoni elite velour's be ok? Also a decently cheap balanced cable?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #3,671 of 3,924
What are some good aftermarket earpads for the t1 2nd gen. Would the dekoni elite velour's be ok? Also a decently cheap balanced cable?
It looks like a good choice based on rear photos from dekoni site because there isn't heavy stitching on the lip. The beyer DT1770pro notch mounting system is sort of tight and that extra stitching on some pads is supposedly impossible to fit into the thin groove. I have the T1.2 but haven't taken the stock pads off ever so I am not sure if its the same system or if there is more or less wiggle room, but the pads you mentioned shouldn't be a problem either way. I would check my unit but am on the road atm. The dekonis I got for my 1770pro were very nice (choice suede), not the same model you mentioned but to do over again I would have gotten the elite velour given they allow some air flow. The choice suede are the backside of the pleather (pretty sure) so its more sealed despite the feel of the face material (correct me if I'm wrong). I might order the elite velours so leave your thoughts if you do end up getting them.
Just to point out something regarding a few posts about T1.3 vs T1.2: High impedance headphones have more damping power than low impedance, so its' not as if high impedance is a vestige of a lower tech era, its' more like easy to drive headphones sell better and don't disappoint uninformed folks that'll leave bad reviews, make preventable returns etc. Obviously there are a few drawbacks, but the T1.2 are a deal right now esp given there are very few high impedance headphones on the market. I just ordered a Monolith THX AAA 887 and can't wait to get home and get my paws on them to power the T1.2 on balanced. So far have only been using with Asgard 3 (SE only) so I will see if any audible differences and report back. Outboard DAC.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #3,672 of 3,924
Unless you have an aversion to how the stock pads sound, but also want to keep the T1, I don't see a good reasons to change them. I tried the fenestrated lambskin and elite suede from Dekoni. Vastly preferred the stock earpads which had much more detail and clarity. I even removed the protective layer and they still didn't work for me.

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #3,673 of 3,924
Unless you have an aversion to how the stock pads sound, but also want to keep the T1, I don't see a good reasons to change them. I tried the fenestrated lambskin and elite suede from Dekoni. Vastly preferred the stock earpads which had much more detail and clarity. I even removed the protective layer and they still didn't work for me.
I can't seem to find those on their website.

Nov 3, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #3,674 of 3,924
I agree the stock pads are superb.

Nov 4, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #3,675 of 3,924
Beyerdynamic US is selling T1.2 Black Edition refurbs on Amazon for $499. I picked one up and the headphone is flawless, including all original materials and even the little plastic covers for the cable. I had previously owned the A&K T1p and this handily outclasses it. As of now there are 16 left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back