New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Dec 5, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #1,906 of 3,924

Just joined the club, got mine for £599 from Amazon UK.

Wow, these sound great out of the box, do they improve much with burn-in?

They leak a lot of sound and the 3 meter long cable is way too long for my needs, has anyone tried to reduce the length of the cable?

Do any of the closed back Beyers sound anyway near as good?

I have not had much time to play with them yet but they sound surprisingly good paired with my Hidizs AP100 DAP.

I have not had time to read this thread yet but what portable amps do you guys like, I have Fiio A5 and E12A amps which I will try over the next few days and report back. 

Amazing price. Does £599 include UK VAT? If it does that would only be a basic price of £500.
Compared to the current cost of an HD800S of over £1000, purchase of the T1 becomes a no-brainer. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #1,907 of 3,924

WOW £599, Is it brand new or used? or  Is it because of BLACK FRIDAY? So jealous and happy for you.
tongue.gif

It was a lightning deal recently, so you could say it was to do with Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I always think that if something has been on a lightning deal once, there's a chance that it may be again so if you put it on your wish list Amazon will notify you if it ever is. I know they say lightning never strikes twice, but at least on Amazon it does.

-Mark.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #1,908 of 3,924

WOW £599, Is it brand new or used? or  Is it because of BLACK FRIDAY? So jealous and happy for you.
tongue.gif

It was a lightning deal recently, so you could say it was to do with Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I always think that if something has been on a lightning deal once, there's a chance that it may be again so if you put it on your wish list Amazon will notify you if it ever is.

-Mark.

Cheers Mark, I bought my T1 for around £720 over a year ago as soon as the T1.2 was first released from a german shop Thomann.

Still a good tip, now I've put Audeze Sine into the wishlist! 
cool.gif

Good day!

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #1,909 of 3,924
  Cheers Mark, I bought my T1 for around £720 over a year ago as soon as the T1.2 was first released from a german shop Thomann.

Still a good tip, now I've put Audeze Sine into the wishlist! 
cool.gif

Good day!

I've been looking at getting the 1.4m Beyerdynamic cable for my T1 from Thormann.  It's also available direct from Beyer: http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/audiophile-connection-cable-1-40-m.html

I like the original cable, but it would be nice to have something a little shorter, so this seems like a good option. I would also consider a 3rd party cable, or making my own, but the price/quality/durability of the Beyer cable seems hard to beat.

-Mark.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #1,911 of 3,924
  I've been looking at getting the 1.4m Beyerdynamic cable for my T1 from Thormann.  It's also available direct from Beyer: http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/audiophile-connection-cable-1-40-m.html

I like the original cable, but it would be nice to have something a little shorter, so this seems like a good option. I would also consider a 3rd party cable, or making my own, but the price/quality/durability of the Beyer cable seems hard to beat.

-Mark.

Thanks for pointing that out Mark. Personally, I find the original cable far too long and prone to curling up. 
Also, I would have preferred a 6.3mm jack on the cable to use with my Elise to avoid using an adapter. Pity the new cable also has a 3.5mm jack.
Just my personal viewpoint, of course.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #1,912 of 3,924

-Mark.

aha. I bought that 1.4m cable and the earpad replacement as backup from Thormann. Since my first purchase was from them, they offered me a 5% discount for my next purhcase.

For the cable, there are some super expensive cables out there for T1 2nd. But none of them are worth the money. I won't be such a fool to pay £700 for a cable like KIMBER AXIOS cables for T1. 

However, a famous cable company called Purist Audio Design has finished their development for T1 2nd upgraded cable but hasn't released it yet for sale. I would believe that dedicated cable company rather than customizing own cables with super duper expensive materials on certain cable customization website.

T1's own cable is good enough. Some user even dissected the cable to show its inner structure between T1.1 (below) and T1.2 (upper) on some Chinese HIFI forum. In short, the stock cable is solid HIFI level one.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #1,914 of 3,924
  LOL Howie, any idea what that website is? It will be awesome to know. 
biggrin.gif

Sorry Louis I don't.
Unfortunately I'm on hoiiday abroad just now and having to use my mobile which I find difficult to use when searching the web.
I'm sure if you do a search 'Tracking Amazon prices' something should come up. No idea how reliable they will be though.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #1,916 of 3,924
Dec 5, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #1,917 of 3,924

I've used this website in the past and it's actually how I found a good deal (£611) on my T1 Gen 2s on the Amazon UK site. 

http://www.curiua.com

Would you mind giving us your opinion on T1.2 Vs T5P G2. (and anyone else who has tried both)?

Ideally I would like closed backed and shorter cable even though 1.4 m is not that short. (1.2m or 1m would be ideal).

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #1,918 of 3,924

Would you mind giving us your opinion on T1.2 Vs T5P G2. (and anyone else who has tried both)?

Ideally I would like closed backed and shorter cable even though 1.4 m is not that short. (1.2m or 1m would be ideal).

Unfortunately I don't have the T5p Gen 2. I do have the T5p Gen 1 and find the T1 Gen 2  to be a much better headphone. It overcomes the major weakness on the T5p which is the anemic bass. I find it to be a superbly balanced headphone which is a joy to listen to. I actually debated for a long time whether to get the T5p Gen 2 or the T1 Gen 2 as I understand the T5p Gen 2 has overcome the bass issues with the Gen 1. I decided to get the T1 as it is an open design and most likely has a more open soundstage than the T5p Gen 2 (being a closed headphone). But that's just an opinion as I haven't had the opportunity to compare them directly. Having said that I would at some point like to get the T5p Gen 2 for times when I need the isolation.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #1,919 of 3,924

Thanks for pointing that out Mark. Personally, I find the original cable far too long and prone to curling up. 
Also, I would have preferred a 6.3mm jack on the cable to use with my Elise to avoid using an adapter. Pity the new cable also has a 3.5mm jack.
Just my personal viewpoint, of course.

Mine came with a 6.3mm jack... The package didn't have the usual celophane seal, but the cans appear completely unused....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back