New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Mar 27, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #2,836 of 3,924
I still grab the T1 2nd Gen Black Edition for my everday listening at work, there is just something that I love about them, the tonality and soundstaging is realisitc. They never come across as artificial.

They are also still at a great price for this level of performance.
Agreed. The T1.2 Ninja Ninja Edition and Denon AH-D7200s are my every day drivers!

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #2,837 of 3,924
image.jpg

Been playing with a Burson Fun with these cans, and its a good match with their Classic op amps....but this am I turned on my Schitt Vahalla2 for the first time in a few
weeks, and am amazed at how great these T1's Ver 2 sound with this amp, very holographic and three dimensional..wonderful controlled bass and depth....

I also have a BH Crack with Speed and a BH Mainline,,,all are good with these 600 ohm cans....could be happy with anyone of them.

Alex

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #2,838 of 3,924
Sorry for this surely very, very noob question: It is "safe" to have the headphones (hier the T1.2) always attached to the pc? Or it would be better to attach the headphones just when they should be used? :sweat_smile:

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #2,839 of 3,924
It's fine. Since all Onboard soundcard have a very anemic output, the T1 won't reach their full potential, though. I highly recommend getting a dedicated headphone amp.

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #2,840 of 3,924
It's fine. Since all Onboard soundcard have a very anemic output, the T1 won't reach their full potential, though. I highly recommend getting a dedicated headphone amp.

Thank you for the reply.
My motherboard (GA-Z97X-UD5) utilizes "a high-capacity amplifier which is able to drive 600Ω loads, giving gamers a fuller range of dynamic sound with crisper details and less distortion when using high quality professional headphones." (https://www.gigabyte.com/de/Motherboard/GA-Z97X-UD5H-rev-10#ov)

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #2,841 of 3,924
Thank you for the reply.
My motherboard (GA-Z97X-UD5) utilizes "a high-capacity amplifier which is able to drive 600Ω loads, giving gamers a fuller range of dynamic sound with crisper details and less distortion when using high quality professional headphones." (https://www.gigabyte.com/de/Motherboard/GA-Z97X-UD5H-rev-10#ov)

Still best to get a dedicated amp, all that is just marketing talk. It definitely won't do the T1 justice, they really do require a good amp to sound their best.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #2,842 of 3,924
I just recently reacquired the T1.2’s in black and they are truly a musical can. But they do require some power to sound their best. When properly amped this headphone can treat you with a nice, darn I say, warm sound signature with loads of body and textured bass.

For whatever reason I’m not finding the T1.2’s bright at all. As a matter of fact, my DT1990’s sound brighter especially with the analytical pads. My HE6se are by far brighter than my T1.2’s as well.

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #2,843 of 3,924
I just recently reacquired the T1.2’s in black and they are truly a musical can. But they do require some power to sound their best. When properly amped this headphone can treat you with a nice, darn I say, warm sound signature with loads of body and textured bass.

For whatever reason I’m not finding the T1.2’s bright at all. As a matter of fact, my DT1990’s sound brighter especially with the analytical pads. My HE6se are by far brighter than my T1.2’s as well.
I also find the T1.2s not to be as bright as my HE560. I’m curious to try the HE6se and hopefully the tour they are putting together will give me a chance to compare them. What do you use to drive the HE6se?

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #2,844 of 3,924

Yes, the T1.2’s are truly musical. A lovely set of cans! :beyersmile:
And yes, I agree, the DT1990’s are a bit brighter than the T1.2’s. However, both have their ideal uses. That’s why I can’t let either of ‘em go.

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #2,845 of 3,924
Still best to get a dedicated amp, all that is just marketing talk. It definitely won't do the T1 justice, they really do require a good amp to sound their best.
Yep, the T1.2’s need plenty of power. No doubt there!

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #2,846 of 3,924
I also find the T1.2s not to be as bright as my HE560. I’m curious to try the HE6se and hopefully the tour they are putting together will give me a chance to compare them. What do you use to drive the HE6se?
My main listening system is the Hugo 2 to the Pro iCan, which I use as a preamp for the Burson Timekeeper power amp with Hifiman’s HE-Adapter, simply incredible sounding.

My other listening gear is the Burson Fun with SparkoS SS3601 op-amps and the Burson Bang power amp with a dual V6 Classic op-amp. Again connected to the HE-Adapter and it’s a totally different listening experience that’s warmer and more musical. It’s not as transparent sounding as my main setup but man is it musical. The T1.2’s sound amazing with the Burson gear. But it scales up in my other setup.

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #2,847 of 3,924
Yes, the T1.2’s are truly musical. A lovely set of cans! :beyersmile:
And yes, I agree, the DT1990’s are a bit brighter than the T1.2’s. However, both have their ideal uses. That’s why I can’t let either of ‘em go.
Same here, they are different enough to own both. I love the DT1990’s with rock and metal music. The T1.2’s are a great all around headphone to me.

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #2,848 of 3,924
I've just bought my Atlas Zeno 4-pin XLR to dual 3.5mm cable in to test these balanced out of the Yulong DAART Aquila as wow... such an enjoyable listen. Anyone that calls these bright has not heard them out of the right equipment.

There is a level of transparency without harshness that I love about the T1 2nd Gen, here at work I get to test a lot of high end headphones, and I keep coming back to the T1 just for pure enjoyment.

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #2,849 of 3,924
I've just bought my Atlas Zeno 4-pin XLR to dual 3.5mm cable in to test these balanced out of the Yulong DAART Aquila as wow... such an enjoyable listen. Anyone that calls these bright has not heard them out of the right equipment.

There is a level of transparency without harshness that I love about the T1 2nd Gen, here at work I get to test a lot of high end headphones, and I keep coming back to the T1 just for pure enjoyment.

Agreed I never found the T1.2 harsh or rough sounding. It has an incredibly refined treble response. Honestly T1.2 is one of my favorite flagships, there is just this certain rightness to the sound that I found it’s younger sibling the Amiron Home also has(the DT 1990 doesn’t have this though, it’s slightly off to my ears). Most headphones just don’t sound quite right compared to those two with extended listening and long-term use to me, and far fewer I would call better all-around.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #2,850 of 3,924
What a lovely headphone :)!! Have kept myself on the mid-fi side of headphones, slowly climbed upwards as most of us have. I just got a pair of T1 gen 2 for 1/3 of the new price in Norway, they basically mint condition almost not used at all. I have used DT880 some years ago and since the launch of the DT 1990 Pro used that one. The step from DT 880 to DT 1990 Pro was bigger than the step now up to T1, what I like the most is clearly the soundstage. Soundstage feel much more right, when I swap onto my studio speakers AB back and forth they give this very good depth and width thats very similar on the T1. No other phone ive tried has been this good really. Also its so liquid and smooth in the sound signature, the DT 1990 is clearly more shouty if thats the right word for it. Giving it some days but I cant find a reason to keep the DT 1990 Pro now, already bought pads twice since the A pads on the 1990 compress to much. Hope this is no problem, as space inside the T1 is bigger because of the angled drivers.

Also tubes and T1 gen2 is magic IMG_20190408_162532.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back