New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Feb 9, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #2,822 of 3,924
The headband is 65 EUR, but probably hard to get outside of Germany.

Just for info, they are still shipping the 2nd generation with the same headband I have or they improved something?

First Gen was real leather with regular foam. Second Gen is protein leather with memory foam. I had both, the pleather headband is way more durable (and fits Gen 1 headphones, too).

Feb 9, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #2,823 of 3,924
The headband is 65 EUR, but probably hard to get outside of Germany.

First Gen was real leather with regular foam. Second Gen is protein leather with memory foam. I had both, the pleather headband is way more durable (and fits Gen 1 headphones, too).
My question, which google has been unable to answer, is how to remove the plastic clips to allow sliding on a replacement cushion? There are no visible screws so I assume there are clips inside that you have to spring to pop off the plastic. I’m afraid to push to hard and break them without knowing where they are.

Feb 9, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #2,824 of 3,924
The head cushion service set comes with new plastic pieces. You actually have to break them. You may contact Beyer customer support, they can send you the service manual. Unfortunately I couldn't find it in my emails and I don't know if I am allowed to share it anyway.

Feb 9, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #2,825 of 3,924
The head cushion service set comes with new plastic pieces. You actually have to break them. You may contact Beyer customer support, they can send you the service manual. Unfortunately I couldn't find it in my emails and I don't know if I am allowed to share it anyway.
Seems like they tried to reinvent the wheel when they had perfectly good clips on the pro which had screws for removal

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #2,826 of 3,924
Hey y'all. How do these sound with a Bottlehead Crack?

Feb 9, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #2,827 of 3,924
Hey y'all. How do these sound with a Bottlehead Crack?

With the Speedball upgrade.... awesome....

6hrN4hW.jpg

Feb 9, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #2,828 of 3,924
Nice! I just bought a pair to go with the crack w. Speedball. Stoked!!!

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #2,829 of 3,924
With the Speedball upgrade.... awesome....

6hrN4hW.jpg
Nice photo! BTW, what tubes are you using in your BHC? I have Tung-Sol 7236 in back and 7N7 [via an adapter] in front and LOVE this combo with my 6XX. Hoping the T1 is the upgrade I am looking for!

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #2,831 of 3,924
Guys, I am loving the sound from my T1s! They're the black version and I am using it with my BHC. Better bass than I expected! Good detail and no sibilance thus far.
:thumbsup:

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #2,832 of 3,924
y'all realise that the "oem" cables are actually a beyerdynamic branded version of the cardas clear light cable, right? and that beyerdynamic is selling them at 1/4 the price of the cardas branded counterpart

you might not like its signature, but there really is nothing wrong with the cable. #justsayin

The cable is, indeed, very good. In my case it is better than a custom one I have ordered some time in the past. LOL
All versions are coming with the same re-branded Cardas Clear Light ?
Because I've seen some pictures with the limited edition T1 90 years anniversary edition where the stock cable had the Cardas logo on it.
Mine it has only a "Beyerdynamic" written on the 6.3mm plug. However, both cables look quite similar.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #2,835 of 3,924
I still grab the T1 2nd Gen Black Edition for my everday listening at work, there is just something that I love about them, the tonality and soundstaging is realisitc. They never come across as artificial.

They are also still at a great price for this level of performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back