New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Aug 17, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #2,311 of 3,924
Thank you to both of you for the insightful information.
I note that there are some preference for the DT1990 over the T1 G2, so I should seriously look into the 1990 too.

No problem, the DT 1990 or Amiron Home's are very good alternative's to the T1 sound wise, they are warmer, darker, and have more bass to them than the T1.2. The DT 1990 is on the energetic and vivid side, not quite T1 vivid though. The DT 1990 has some very nice impact to it's dynamics. The Amiron Home is more relaxed sounding. The DT 1990 would probably work the best due to it's fit being more to your liking and no adjusting/bending of the headband, etc. required.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #2,312 of 3,924
Aug 26, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #2,314 of 3,924
The quality seems to be the same for me in regards to detail retrieval. The Elear will might make the details more difficult to pay attention to due to its warmer sound sig.

The Elear has a punchy sound and also smaller sound stage, resulting in a more intimate presentation to the sound.

In regards to the highs mids and lows, I would have to A/B them to give more opinion. That's just off the top of my head for both

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #2,315 of 3,924
The Elear sounds slow and muddled in comparison to the T1. The Elear certainly has more bass, but the T1's bass sounds faster and has more impact. The mids on the T1 are slightly recessed, but the Elear has big hollow in the upper mids. The T1 has more forward treble than the Elears, while the Elears are a warmer-sounding headphone. The T1s are certainly more detailed than the Elears. I've owned the T1s and Elears, and I've also auditioned the Utopias. I would say that the T1s are more similar to the Utopias than to the Elears.

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #2,316 of 3,924
The Elear sounds slow and muddled in comparison to the T1. The Elear certainly has more bass, but the T1's bass sounds faster and has more impact. The mids on the T1 are slightly recessed, but the Elear has big hollow in the upper mids. The T1 has more forward treble than the Elears, while the Elears are a warmer-sounding headphone. The T1s are certainly more detailed than the Elears. I've owned the T1s and Elears, and I've also auditioned the Utopias. I would say that the T1s are more similar to the Utopias than to the Elears.

thank you for this comparison!

Aug 27, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #2,320 of 3,924
Something around 300$

I used the iFi ican in combination with the idsd, its class a and I thought it was better than the idsd amp section alone. Also consider the beyerdynamic a20. Recommend attending meets or taking your cans to shops to audition if possible. I've settled for the rme adi-pro 2 but that is considerably more than your budget, best pairing I've heard with the t1.2 hands down. Might also look out for a used https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/feliks-audio-elise.20757/reviews Elise tube amp, might get lucky, it's a great tube amp for the t1s

Edit:https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-feliks-elise-tube-amp-brand-new.826599/

Might be out of your price range, sorry. I'm sure there are other tube options, Elise is the only one I tried with the t1, was really impressive pairing.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #2,321 of 3,924
I used the iFi ican in combination with the idsd, its class a and I thought it was better than the idsd amp section alone. Also consider the beyerdynamic a20. Recommend attending meets or taking your cans to shops to audition if possible. I've settled for the rme adi-pro 2 but that is considerably more than your budget, best pairing I've heard with the t1.2 hands down. Might also look out for a used https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/feliks-audio-elise.20757/reviews Elise tube amp, might get lucky, it's a great tube amp for the t1s

Edit:https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-feliks-elise-tube-amp-brand-new.826599/

Might be out of your price range, sorry. I'm sure there are other tube options, Elise is the only one I tried with the t1, was really impressive pairing.

The cheaper Feliks Espressivo also works wonders with the T1 and T1 2nd generation, but don't really come up for sale 2nd hand often :)

I say this as it's a bit cheaper than the Elise :D

Aug 28, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,323 of 3,924
Something around 300$
Elemental Watson might be a good way to see if you want to get into tubes and rolling for that matter. I'm listening to it now and I like that it can keep the speed of the T1, and also the bass stays tight... probably because its a tube hybrid. listening to it and the Chord Mojo now. amps $250.

Anyone out there check out "Rakim" (live remastered) on Tidal. listening to this combo now and its excellent!

Aug 28, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #2,325 of 3,924
you know what, I never got to hear the DT1990 :frowning2: We have so many Beyers here I had to look at our stock to double check if we had one even boxed up. we sold a lot of our Beyer demos to get different new stock in.

I recently had a convo with someone through PM (2 weeks ago) asking me about them versus the Elear. I couldn't give them any input on them either ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back