New Beyerdynamic amp A2
Apr 12, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #121 of 259
I have mine plugged into a WAudio w3900 Power Filter/Conditioner with a Pangea Audio 14SE MKII power cable. I don't ear any difference with the A2.
But they do eliminate a ground loop issue I had with my Parasound HINT.

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #124 of 259
For is very good dac, I have change this model for SMSL SU-8 only for use balanced XLR out. But is good deal for realy good performance !

Did you mean the SH-8?

The A2 is a good amp, but is way too expensive when compared to the recent competition. I remember buying mine for a little over $1500 several years ago. But you can now get amps of equal quality for about a 1/3 of that price today. HA-501, Jotunheim, THX AAA 789, and JDS Atom and SH-8 are all of great value.

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #126 of 259
Agree, A2 is beautiful, glass top with flame colour light is really nice in the dark.

Aug 17, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #127 of 259
For T1 first gen. wath would be beter,Beyerdynamic A2 or Violectric V200?

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #129 of 259
Hi. I have recently purchased the A2 and T1 gen 2. The source is a PC (x299 gaming 9 motherboard). I am interested in investing in a decent DAC. The budget is variable. Somewhere between £100-£1000 depending if the pricey one truly makes a noticeable difference.

I have looked at Schiit Modi 2 and Bifrost. It would be nice to have a few options which can be purchased from the UK as well.

Thanks!
hi, I bought a second hand Ayre qb-9 24/96 for 750 euro. It once was the dac to go to and cheaper than Chord. I just bought an A2 for the T1.2, since I thought the Schiit Valhalla2 could use some competition. The Ayre might be good for you. Best wishes y

Jan 19, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #130 of 259
Hi All,
Anybody had any experience with comparing the A2 with a Violectric V280 (both in balanced mode and unbalanced mode) connected to T1 Gen 2's ?

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #132 of 259
May 23, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #133 of 259
I'm currently looking at the A20 and A2 as I'd like to experiment with the higher output impedance these amps provide. I'm not really interested in going down the tube road at this moment in time. Does anyone have any experience with both? Is the A2 worth the premium?

May 23, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #134 of 259
, s
I'm currently looking at the A20 and A2 as I'd like to experiment with the higher output impedance these amps provide. I'm not really interested in going down the tube road at this moment in time. Does anyone have any experience with both? Is the A2 worth the premium?

I used to own both, but sold the A20 some time ago. Realistically I don't think the A2 is worth 3x the price, the A20 is a very competent amp, dynamic and with good resolution. However the A2 offers the option to switch output impedance, so it may be compatible with a wider range of headphones.
The A2 is a work of art, with a beautiful case, spacious layout of the electronics board (illuminated by orange LEDs, which does look very nice indeed) and impressive build quality. It also adds a second input and a remote control. I think the A20 utilizes integrated OP amps, while the A2 is a discrete layout. The price difference is quite big though...

May 23, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #135 of 259
, s

I used to own both, but sold the A20 some time ago. Realistically I don't think the A2 is worth 3x the price, the A20 is a very competent amp, dynamic and with good resolution. However the A2 offers the option to switch output impedance, so it may be compatible with a wider range of headphones.
The A2 is a work of art, with a beautiful case, spacious layout of the electronics board (illuminated by orange LEDs, which does look very nice indeed) and impressive build quality. It also adds a second input and a remote control. I think the A20 utilizes integrated OP amps, while the A2 is a discrete layout. The price difference is quite big though...
Thanks for your thoughts! The A2 is very nice but I’m not sure I’d have considered it today had it not been for the high output impedance. Many good amps have come out since then that are also quite a bit cheaper.

Were there any big distinctions in sound that you could make out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back