New Beyerdynamic amp A2
Jan 31, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #106 of 259
Hey, I am stuck on the fence between the A2 and the Teac HA501 or the New (Teac UD503) for my Beyer T1.2 cans, I am not sure which I should buy.... I am having a hard time finding a used a2 (I guess it getting old) but I based on your opinon is the TeacHA501 just as good with those headphones? Anything else you can recommend ? or recommendations for getting an a2 at a decent price?

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #108 of 259
  How does the output impedance affect sound with T1 gen 2's? I wondered if there's much difference between 0 and 100 ohm output impedance on the A2.

-Mark.

I noticed the A2 outputs louder to the T1 2gen with 100 ohm out impedance. Not much difference in sound quality though between 0 and 100. Beyerdynamic says that 100 ohm output makes less of a difference in volume between two headphones with different impedances connected at the same time.

May 13, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #110 of 259
Hi everyone. Does anybody hear a low-level hum from the A2 when you turn it on? You can hear it when the surrounding is quiet. Thanks.

I'm not using mine anymore, but when I was I never heard a hum it is silent.
Does it hum when nothing but the power cord is plug in to it? Is it plugged into the wall or a power strip?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #113 of 259
Does anyone know how to open the A2? My volume knob has become scratchy and I want to spray some contact cleaner on the potentiometer , but I can't figure out how it opens. I removed the 4 screws at the bottom and the screws on the back, but I don't know how it opens. Does any know, or perhaps a easier was to clean the potentiometer?

May 29, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #114 of 259
I have been using A2 for about one year, although it is good in details and soundstage, but I always felt it lacks something in the mid range compared to my Icon audio mk2 amp, dac is mojo and Deckard thru Macbook Audirvana plus, I almost want to sell my A2 at that time. Until recently I acquire a used Matrix audio x-sabre dac, it make my A2 sing again and the mid is there and the first time I feel it is better than Icon audio mk2. Now I know A2 can be improved by a dac and raise to another level, I am vey pleased with the results. If you do not like your A2, perhaps try another dac can solve your problem.

May 29, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #115 of 259
I have been using A2 for about one year, although it is good in details and soundstage, but I always felt it lacks something in the mid range compared to my Icon audio mk2 amp, dac is mojo and Deckard thru Macbook Audirvana plus, I almost want to sell my A2 at that time. Until recently I acquire a used Matrix audio x-sabre dac, it make my A2 sing again and the mid is there and the first time I feel it is better than Icon audio mk2. Now I know A2 can be improved by a dac and raise to another level, I am vey pleased with the results. If you do not like your A2, perhaps try another dac can solve your problem.
Well i really loved A2 when i heard it. Probably most resolving ss i heard. But yeah if you want fatter mids you have to color it with dac. Personaly i would love to have A2 along with my V280 for different genres.

Jun 10, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #116 of 259
Hi. I have recently purchased the A2 and T1 gen 2. The source is a PC (x299 gaming 9 motherboard). I am interested in investing in a decent DAC. The budget is variable. Somewhere between £100-£1000 depending if the pricey one truly makes a noticeable difference.

I have looked at Schiit Modi 2 and Bifrost. It would be nice to have a few options which can be purchased from the UK as well.

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #117 of 259
Hi. I have recently purchased the A2 and T1 gen 2. The source is a PC (x299 gaming 9 motherboard). I am interested in investing in a decent DAC. The budget is variable. Somewhere between £100-£1000 depending if the pricey one truly makes a noticeable difference.

I have looked at Schiit Modi 2 and Bifrost. It would be nice to have a few options which can be purchased from the UK as well.

Thanks!

cambridge audio dac magic plus. I bought it for 250 euros used in excellent condition and its simply 0 noise. Just what you need for your super sensitive beyer. I also have it with an A2 and T1 gen 2. I has some decent amplification too but you will not use it for that with the T1

Jul 1, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #119 of 259
20180622_134122.jpg

My combo, T1 Gen 2 black limited, SMSL M8a V2 and the A2 amplifier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back