New Beyer DT1350
May 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #3,241 of 4,010
Quote:
When I was looking into buying the DT1350, I mentioned this to one of the head gurus at the USA branch of BD.  He claimed to have no knowledge of it and thanked me for the information.  Who knows.

I went ahead and bought a pair anyway and haven't regretted the purchase for a second.  So, I either got a good pair or my ears just suck.  Either way, I'm happy with 'em.   *shrug*

Congratz on your purchase !
I notice now there is lot more discount on DT1350 than it used to be but I don't feel any regret at all.
It worth every $$$. :D

May 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #3,243 of 4,010
While those HD25 pads are super comfy, and I will use them for movies and such late night, they alter the sound too much and way too much loss of bass. Not even sure I will keep them.

So yeah, don't be getting those if you want the nice sound these have.

Problem is, the pleather on these things is ******* garbage. I will be more than likely getting them fully repaired and just not using them in the day much (will have my HD800s for that I think). I already super glued the top strap of pleather and damn does that take a fine touch or you are ****ed hehe. Luckily, I got it on without much overspill. I might just have Beyer replace everything but cord, speakers, and a few pieces because they really need to be tightened up. For 300 bucks I definitely need some extra repairs for free on these.

I am hoping that the 1500 dollar HD800s are not going to be a mistake and I doubt they will as these things would require repairs every year if I kept them for everyday use and my ears would go downhill. I personally don't like on-ear headphones but the sound imo from these is worth it in the end for what will become my portable and night phone.

So good for 300 or rather 230 or so nowadays.

May 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #3,244 of 4,010
Orbiting, how often were you using your 1350s each day?  Just curious as I've had no problems whatsoever with mine.  

I'm using mine about 1 - 1.5 hours every day at work and also use them on the weekend while mowing the yard.  Just wondering if you use yours a lot more than me or if you just got a shoddy pair for some reason.

May 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #3,246 of 4,010
Quote:
Just got the DT1350s off Amazon. You guys are right. Without even being broken in, these are awesome.
biggrin.gif

Yup. Even with more expensive headphones and iems, the DT1350 doesn't lack. It may not have clarity or soundstage of higher end stuff, but the sound sig is very enjoyable.

May 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #3,247 of 4,010
Anyone having loose ladder adjustment too like OrbiftingCow's? Now I'm worried about mine. The pleather being worn out faster than expected is okay for me but the ladder adjustment becoming loose is unacceptable. :frowning2:

May 4, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #3,249 of 4,010
No I've own:/ed mine for ages, everything is still well and operating:D

That's good to hear. Do you use yours often? And do you often re-adjust the ladder? I always move it before use for my preference fit and after to fit on its case nicely.

May 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #3,250 of 4,010
Quote:
That's good to hear. Do you use yours often? And do you often re-adjust the ladder? I always move it before use for my preference fit and after to fit on its case nicely.

I use it almost every day at work and yes, i do the same as you, adjusting it every time I take it out of the case and before putting it back to the case

May 5, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #3,251 of 4,010
Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm about to hit my 1-year anniversary of owning my 1350s....woohoo!! 

I still get as excited as I did the very first day whenever I put them on...and they still impress the hell out of me each and every time. To have this level of sound quality just plugging them into my iPhone is unbelievably satisfying to me. I truly LOVE these phones! 

May 5, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #3,252 of 4,010
I use it almost every day at work and yes, i do the same as you, adjusting it every time I take it out of the case and before putting it back to the case

That's very comforting to hear! :) I have mine for about 1 and a half year but I use it like 2-3x a week. Hope mine lasts longer than any of you lol jk! I guess Orbiting's pair did not get a good quality control check.. :/

Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm about to hit my 1-year anniversary of owning my 1350s....woohoo!! 

I still get as excited as I did the very first day whenever I put them on...and they still impress the hell out of me each and every time. To have this level of sound quality just plugging them into my iPhone is unbelievably satisfying to me. I truly LOVE these phones! 

Same here! DT1350s truly set new standards in terms of SQ for portable closed on-ear HPs. :)
Even you almost memorized how these things sound, they'll still surprise you and put a smile on your face for their sound quality and efficiency! I hope Beyer is currently developing another portable that will beat their DT1350s! I love portable monsters like these! Hope they maintain their aim for neutrality. :)

May 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #3,253 of 4,010
btw, I remember Vsonic's GR07 being compared to the DT1350 as others say they both kinda share the same sound signature. Well I never agreed to that matter as I've always found GR07s to be lacking in mids while the DT1350s having perfect mids for my taste. I think I have found DT1350s' IEM counterpart... It is still from Vsonic. The VC02! I think they're as transparent / almost as detailed as the DT1350s. They just don't have the same texture for the bass but they have the same tightness! For me, VC02 is much closer to the DT1350s than the GR07s. YMMV of course. Just saying..

May 6, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #3,254 of 4,010
In the end I just bent the metal a little further out and will take the reduction in bass for comfort. When they seal they are sweet but the pads just don't hold up and lead to pain for my large head after a year. Beyer really should have made the outer casing less sharp against the ear in the first place though. Kind of a nasty flaw imho at least in my case. My HD800s will probably be taking the most time at this point anyway when they arrive. These were definitely a great bridge and I look forward to getting them repadded and wearing them on the go or at night.

All in all they still sound great.

May 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #3,255 of 4,010
I too love my dt 1380s have only had them around 6 months and have had zero problems maybe I just have the right shape head for these but I wear them almost daily sometimes as much as 8 hours a day and there still pretty comfy the sound quality is superb but I was wondering if it'd be worth getting a portable amp/dac running off a S9 for better sound stage with only a headphone jack could it be worth it. For the portability, price range, and personal tastes there really are none better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back