New Beats pro to be released in March 2012?
Feb 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #17 of 30

Quote:

Say what you will about the Beats brand. The studio and solo models have deserved the reputation. Before you balk at the Beats Mixr....at $250 these headphones are priced accurately for their sound quality. 

Interesting. Which other headphones do you own?

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #18 of 30
Turbine (dont get much use anymore), Turbine pro copper, B&W C5(Gym), P5, Grado 225i

Grado is strictly for at home, mostly pearl jam, nirvana, grunge rock moods. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #19 of 30
Just FYI...not trolling...dead serious with beats mixr being a legitimate contender in portable headphones leader for me

Computer set up includes Audioengine d1 dac/amp, A2 speakers, and matching sub

car audio includes hybrid audio technology legatia components, JL 13tw5 stealthbox, and HD900/5 amp. 

I truly enjoy quality music. Not necessarily an audiophile. I prefer music to be played in my version of enjoyable. I appreciate quality sound, regardless of linear accuracy. (within reason). Music is made to be colored to our preferences. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #20 of 30
I agree with the V-Moda being suggested, very nice looking headphones and sound great (with the limited amount of time I spent with them) for the price.

I don't know about other people here, but my personal beef with Beats is the precedence being set. Charging quality prices for substandard products and being SUCCESSFUL at it sets a precedence for other companies to follow. How long till the sales for truly audiophile products aren't enough to sustain the niche market and the new standard becomes Beats? If I had to compare it to something, I guess it would be the Desktop vs. Mobile debacle, where mobile completely overtakes desktop as the more expensive, less powerful (and to an extent useful) but more convenient alternative thus relegating the desktop to either legacy technology or such a small niche market that it makes it hard to penetrate both from a consumer and commercial standpoint. Now, imagine Beats as the mobile alternative, but instead of offering any advantage (IE portability and refinement of technology in smaller spaces) over the more powerful competitors, it instead relies on a brand name and shady marketing while priced far beyond it's performance capabilities, draining sales which, in my personal opinion (THIS ALL BEING MY OPINION) should rightfully go to more competitively priced, superior products. However, it all boils down not to Beats, but the consumers willingness to learn. Knowledge is power and we avoid it like the plague, haha.

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #21 of 30

Quote:
I really don't understand all the hate tbh. Why does anyone buy headphones or any other item? because it in some way gives them enjoyment, Now who is anyone to say that me or some other Beats fan doesn't get the same amount of joy and enjoyment from owning a pair than what ever other better similarly priced headphones?

I personally would spend on them because A) I really like the way they look. B) they are more than I need for the type of music i listen to. so yes, I am willing to spend an extra 100-200 dollars to look good wearing headphones (personal taste).

on a side note, What would be the beats competitor in that price range that look just as good or better? I would like to have a look and possibly give them a try.

Thanks

Excessive spending for solely superficial purposes is rarely smiled upon (except in the case of clothing, which is something I really don't understand).  You are buying a $400 pair of headphones that sound like an $80 pair, which means that essentially, $320 of your money is going toward aesthetics alone, while that extra $80 is spent on actual sound quality. Regardless of your personal preferences, I would qualify this as blatantly ignorant (aka stupid) when you consider that the sole purpose of using headphones is to listen to music/sound, NOT to admire the shape of the headband and earcups.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #24 of 30

Quote:
Just FYI...not trolling...dead serious with beats mixr being a legitimate contender in portable headphones leader for me

Computer set up includes Audioengine d1 dac/amp, A2 speakers, and matching sub

car audio includes hybrid audio technology legatia components, JL 13tw5 stealthbox, and HD900/5 amp. 

I truly enjoy quality music. Not necessarily an audiophile. I prefer music to be played in my version of enjoyable. I appreciate quality sound, regardless of linear accuracy. (within reason). Music is made to be colored to our preferences. 

Exactly why there are so many headphones. Beats aren't a bad brand to be honest, but if it wasn't for the premium price, it would have been very popular here too. However, there are other headphones that are compared to, and most of the time it is the balanced headphone. Those are great, and definately kicks the quality of the beats, but if it is for fun signature with coloration, then I don't see and know much about headphones that have "fun" in it like the beats. If people buy the beats to expect balanced sound, that is where I go and fight since it is too pricey to get balance. The beats solos, and possibly studios too. The pros I can't touch there, and definately not the mixrs from other people's talk about it.

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #28 of 30
Yeah i thought monster and beats broke up?!?!?!!?! anyways, the mixr look alot lie the hd25's from sennheiser and tma-1's. I consider the mixr's look a rip off from their's!!! I guess we'll see how they sound when they come out.

Jul 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #29 of 30
If BeatsPro were priced at $250~300, then most of the Head-Fiers will vote BeatsPro - the best headphones for this price range!
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately BeatsPro is priced at higher side than it should be due to the high quality material being used in construction such as machined alumimum housing & leather head band & ear pads.
However BeatsPro is not for everyone. BeatsPro has been tuned to a unique bass in order to unleash the "dynmic sound potential" which could not be heard with typical headphones or even the audiophile headphones. BeatsPro is really good for sound which is bass-centric such as Trance, Dance, Reggae, Disco, Pop, New Wave, SpaceSynth, Italo/Euro Disco, Electronica..etc.

If you're towards to the sounds that I mentioned above, then you will not go wrong with BeatsPro.

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:
I really don't understand all the hate tbh. Why does anyone buy headphones or any other item? because it in some way gives them enjoyment, Now who is anyone to say that me or some other Beats fan doesn't get the same amount of joy and enjoyment from owning a pair than what ever other better similarly priced headphones?

I personally would spend on them because A) I really like the way they look. B) they are more than I need for the type of music i listen to. so yes, I am willing to spend an extra 100-200 dollars to look good wearing headphones (personal taste).

on a side note, What would be the beats competitor in that price range that look just as good or better? I would like to have a look and possibly give them a try.

Thanks

Not exactly.  Some products are purchased simply because they help avoid discomfort.  Seeking pleasure and avoiding discomfort are OFTEN confused as being the same process.  As long as we can be manipulated to convince ourselves that something will make us happy or that NOT having it will make us miserable, well - we can be on that trip a rather long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back